• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Breaking News From Grand Junction, Colorado

In summary, a human remains was found in Mesa County, Colorado. Law enforcement officials are working closely with the Mesa County Coroner’s Office for identification purposes. Further details will be released as the investigation develops.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
From a press release issued by the Mesa County Sheriff's Department, July 28, 2008

HUMAN REMAINS FOUND, INVESTIGATION ON-GOING

Coroner’s Office joins Sheriff’s Investigators on case

Mesa County, Colorado—Sheriff’s Officials are investigating a discovery of human remains found in the region. They are working closely with the Mesa County Coroner’s Office for identification purposes. The exact location of this discovery is not being released to allow law enforcement officials to return to the area for a more complete forensic search and analysis.

Further details will be released as the investigation develops.

My heart sunk, and yet my hopes were raised...all at the same time.

Now - so many emotions going through my heart.....

Oh my God, no way. I'll be watching this closely. Thank you SO much for posting this, KG. Wow. I really am just hoping for some sort of closure.

Kitchen Guy Please keep us posted........................ Prayers are out there for her family...........

Oh, no! My heart dropped too. We all need to pray for her family right now.

ChefBeckyD said:

My thoughts exactly....glad I clicked on new posts before logging out.

Remember, right now, we know nothing.

If Paige is no longer alive (which I think is the case), then I pray the remains are hers. She deserves justice and having some physical evidence may be the break the authorities need. So, as morbid as it sounds, I am hoping she's been found.

Yes, but it still makes your heart skip a beat!Good point Kris.

Wow I was shocked and relieved all at the same time. If it is her, I hope everyone will feel a sense of closure.

How do you always know what's going on there KG? Are you related to the family? Just curious, because you've been so dedicated.

Thank you for sharing the breaking news.

legacypc46 said:
If Paige is no longer alive (which I think is the case), then I pray the remains are hers. She deserves justice and having some physical evidence may be the break the authorities need. So, as morbid as it sounds, I am hoping she's been found.

I agree. It has to be so difficult for her family and friends to be in limbo all this time.

legacypc46 said:

That has been running through my mind.

legacypc46 said:

I agree. I'm on the breaking news email alert from the Rocky Mountain News and everytime I see an email from there, I'm hoping for some Paige-related news, even if it is that they've found some remains. This must be very fresh news because I haven't even gotten any other alerts. (KG is always on top of things!)

Thanks KG for being so dedicated to this. My prayers continue.

Thank you for the update, KG. Kris pretty much summed up my thoughts!

Prayers continuing for the entire family.

BethCooks4U said:

My thoughts exactly KG.

vwpamperedchef said:
Wow I was shocked and relieved all at the same time. If it is her, I hope everyone will feel a sense of closure.

How do you always know what's going on there KG? Are you related to the family? Just curious, because you've been so dedicated.

Thank you for sharing the breaking news.

I've been taking lessons from Grande, but I've got a long way to go before I'm even close to being in his league!

ChefBeckyD said:

That's exactly what I felt/thought when I read the headline.

vwpamperedchef said:

A lot of us (thanks to KG) have been following this for some time...and we're all feeling the same way...

BethCooks4U said:

YES! Thanks KG!

Ditto to all of the above.Realistically, I have to think that Paige isn't alive. Especially when the alternatives include the possibility of forced confinement or worse. I hope, for her sake and that of her family, that this discovery can finally bring some evidence, as well as closure.

Thanks for the update KG! When I read this my heart as well dropped and hope was raised that we might have some closure for Paige's family. I think of a recent L&O episode that I saw where the criminal kept saying "no body, no crime". Hopefully for whoever this is there can be closure for their family!

My heart hurts.

each day when I light my candles for Paige, I pray that there is an answer for her children. Let's pray that this could get that answer...........oh, I hate this

Wow, I am just numb. Thanks for the update, KG. I feel just like everyone else described - hoping that this brings closure, but sad at what that may mean...(((HUGS))) to all of us. :(

Double Ditto Ann's post -

Prayers going out to her family, friends and everyone for closure......

Prayers for Paiges children, parents, brother, rescue searchers and friends.
She will always remain in our hearts but I agree this would bring some closure to those poor babies who must wonder every moment where she is, what she is doing and why she isn't home hugging them where she belongs.Hugs and Blessings to her family as they continue from here if it really is her remains.

My heart just stopped. WOW. We all need closure. Her family, her children need closure and part of me is hoping it is her so that we can lay her to rest.

Part of me is hoping for a miracle. ^j^ ^j^ ^j^

My heart hurts, I'm fighting tears, but I'm hopeful... because maybe this means Paige can come home.I just don't quite know what to think or feel or hope right now. I'm just praying.

I'm enough of a realist to know that any news is likely not to be good news.I'm enough of an optimist to hope that she'll show up in some hospital in Timbuktu with amnesia.

raebates said:
I'm enough of a realist to know that any news is likely not to be good news.

I'm enough of an optimist to hope that she'll show up in some hospital in Timbuktu with amnesia.

I second those feelings.

Thanks for posting KG!

Wow!! I am feeling just like everyone else here and having never known her or talked to her, I still feel so deeply for her family, children and friends.

Thank you SO VERY MUCH KG for keeping us updated!!

Thanks KG.....my heart is breaking and yet I pray for some closure for her family and especially her children.....

Thanks KG for the update.Praying that IF this is her, there is enough to nail the person that did it!Praying that the kids and family have some closure and can start to heal.Keep us posted on what unfolds...it may take a little bit to figure out who this is...

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I've been taking lessons from Grande, but I've got a long way to go before I'm even close to being in his league!

Your hearts are in the same league though! :D

I just found this:

Authorities investigate human remains found in region

Posted: July 28, 2008 03:00 PM CDT

Updated: July 28, 2008 05:56 PM CDT

from kjct8 news

Human remains have been discovered somewhere in the region, according to the Mesa County Sheriff's Office.

They are keeping the location secret to preserve the scene. The Mesa County Coroner is working to identify the remains.

This case was handed over to investigators late last week, but the Sheriff's Office won't say when they were discovered.

The Sheriff's Office says there are numerous missing person's cases in Mesa County, but for the past year they've said their number one priority is to find the missing mother of 3, Paige Birgfeld.

KJCT News 8 spoke with Paige's father Frank Birgfeld, he said, "I am ambivalent about the news, I would like to find her, but I don't want to find her."

The Sheriff's Office won't say when it will be releasing more details.

Very sad! I pray that if it is her, that the people who did this to her left so many clues and DNA all over the place that they will have sealed their own sentence to life in prison without parole!

Oh I'm with the rest of you - so many emotions. So many emotions for my entire family. My children constantly ask me if there is any news.

Kitchen Diva said:
Very sad! I pray that if it is her, that the people who did this to her left so many clues and DNA all over the place that they will have sealed their own sentence to life in prison without parole!

Amen to that!!

This is clipped from another newschannel there.

Sheriff's officials are remaining very tight-lipped, and not revealing the exact location of the discovery.

We do know that Paige Birgfeld’s father Frank, has been notified by investigators regarding the find.

Right now there are only 11 people listed as missing in Mesa County, and that statistic tracks suspicious incidents all the way back to 1983.

One of them is Paige Birgfeld, the mother of three who vanished last year.

News Channel Five has learned that Paige’s father Frank got the call this morning from sheriff’s deputies about the find.

The Birgfeld family is together today for Frank’s birthday in Seattle.

Frank says it’s not the first time he’s gotten a call like this.

erinb said:
<snip>
The Birgfeld family is together today for Frank’s birthday in Seattle.

Frank says it’s not the first time he’s gotten a call like this.
</snip>

I don't know whether it's a good or bad birthday present.
How sad.

Aww, poor Frank - he had to hear about this on his birthday. It lets the wind out of the sails a bit that he's gotten this call before, too. (((HUGS))) and Happy Birthday to Frank Birgfeld (and his whole family) - you are all in my thoughts and prayers! :angel:

If it is her that is in a way a good birthday present for him - finding his daughter & giving his daughter a final resting place & then seeing the person who did this to her, her parents & her children the full punishment allowed by law. I mean it is good because he finally knows where his daughter is & can move forward with their mourning. They have some answers. It is interesting how God chooses to have some very important things in our lives happen on days we will remember forever. My boyfriends grandpa died on his birthday. My grandma & grandpa both died 1 day before their birthdays. I just hope that all of the investigators working on the site are guided to all the evidence.

Guess I'm feeling just like the rest of you. Although I didn't know Paige like many of you, my heart sank as well as I read KG's post. Many emotions happening right now. I can't imagine what her family must be feeling!

Thanks for the update, KG. I will keep praying for her family.

OH MY!Praying that wisdom is given to all those who need it ... and that there is enough evidence to nail the person responsible for this.Even if it's not Paige, this is still the body of someone who no doubt is loved by his or her family.

Di_Can_Cook said:
OH MY!

Praying that wisdom is given to all those who need it ... and that there is enough evidence to nail the person responsible for this.

Even if it's not Paige, this is still the body of someone who no doubt is loved by his or her family.

Well said Diane

Paige has been on my heart a lot lately...I guess because its conference time and it marked a year since she disappeared. I have been praying that she would be found. I am not optimistic that she is somewhere alive. So, if this is her then her family will have closure. I will continue to pray.

Shawnna said:
Paige has been on my heart a lot lately...I guess because its conference time and it marked a year since she disappeared. I have been praying that she would be found. I am not optimistic that she is somewhere alive. So, if this is her then her family will have closure. I will continue to pray.

Mine too, I was actually thinking that I hoped they wouldn't find her on my birthday - I already share an anniversary with 9-11, don't want to have a solemn birthday too...didn't realize it was her Dad's Birthday today!

:( Bittersweet if it turns out to be her...

Just returned home from a party and as I was winding down for the evening saw this post. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the headline but as Frank Birgfield said, this isn't the first time they have found human remains during the period of Paige's disappearence.

Thanks, KG for your posting and others for articles that they have found. Mixed emotions like all of you have so lovingly expressed. I too am hoping for Rae's miracle!

Off to bed for now, but will be checking first thing in the morning.

Thanks so much for letting us know KG. My heart feels for this family as I'm sure they need some much needed closure. The unknown is just a horrible feeling and even if this is her their hearts will be hurting but at least they know so they all can rest. Like Janet said above it is bittersweet.

<h2>1. What is the latest update on the human remains found in Grand Junction, Colorado?</h2><p>According to a press release from the Mesa County Sheriff's Department, human remains were discovered and an investigation is currently ongoing. The Sheriff's Officials are working with the Mesa County Coroner's Office for identification purposes.</p><h2>2. Can you provide any information on the location where the human remains were found?</h2><p>The exact location of the discovery is not being released at this time. This is to allow law enforcement officials to return to the area for a more thorough forensic search and analysis.</p><h2>3. When was the press release issued and who issued it?</h2><p>The press release was issued on July 28, 2008 by the Mesa County Sheriff's Department.</p><h2>4. Is there any indication of foul play in this case?</h2><p>At this time, the investigation is still ongoing and no further details have been released. It is not clear if foul play is suspected.</p><h2>5. Will there be updates on this case as the investigation develops?</h2><p>Yes, the Sheriff's Officials have stated that further details will be released as the investigation continues. We will provide updates as they become available.</p>

1. What is the latest update on the human remains found in Grand Junction, Colorado?

According to a press release from the Mesa County Sheriff's Department, human remains were discovered and an investigation is currently ongoing. The Sheriff's Officials are working with the Mesa County Coroner's Office for identification purposes.

2. Can you provide any information on the location where the human remains were found?

The exact location of the discovery is not being released at this time. This is to allow law enforcement officials to return to the area for a more thorough forensic search and analysis.

3. When was the press release issued and who issued it?

The press release was issued on July 28, 2008 by the Mesa County Sheriff's Department.

4. Is there any indication of foul play in this case?

At this time, the investigation is still ongoing and no further details have been released. It is not clear if foul play is suspected.

5. Will there be updates on this case as the investigation develops?

Yes, the Sheriff's Officials have stated that further details will be released as the investigation continues. We will provide updates as they become available.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • The_Kitchen_Guy