• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Breaking into Hospital Markets: Tips for Successful Appointments

In summary, a hospital is a great place to break into a new circle of customers. They have a lot of catalogs and specials around, and it is easy to get someone to take charge of collecting the money. By including a letter explaining the process and a business card, you can increase the chances of someone taking your order.
pchefinski
I have an appointment for an ultrasound (long story) on Wednesday morning at the local hospital, and I want to take some books in, talk to the girls there, and ask if they'll collect some orders for a show. I want to break into a new circle of customers, and I heard hospitals are GREAT for this. Aaanyway, I'm not sure what to include with the catalogs besides a few order forms (they could probably make copies if they need to right?), the August & September specials for host/guest, recruiting coupons and several business cards.. anything else? Do these type of things work well? -- I mean, do people normally take it upon themselves to have one person take charge of handling the money? Or do you do just CC orders and tack on a 5x7 manilla envelope to the inside of the cover to put the order forms into? I'm not sure of the best way to do it, so I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions. TIA! :D

I would defintely find someone to be in charge of collecting the money or at least keeping up with where it is so you do not have to do too much tracking to find it. I would attach a letter to the envelope explaining the process and maybe just a thank you for looking. I have done this at schools and just put a note on it to pass along to someone else and by a certain day it need to be handed it to a "named person" for me to pick up from. I would include several order forms in each book. They may be more apt to collect orders if they do not have ot make copies and may quit collecting when they run out of forms.

I sent some books like this to our local hospital with a nurse friend of mine and she said that they have so many catalogs and fundraisers in their break rooms that most don't even get looked at. My SIL is a teacher and she said the same thing about her school. Our school district doesn't allow catalogs to be given out, only in the break room. This doesn't mean don't give catalogs, but know that they have other options of things to buy. Maybe talk to the front desk person and tell her that if she is in charge of collecting the orders for you she can get a special gift, like 10% off or 25% off. Don't make it too steep because if the show doesn't qualify you have to pay for it out of pocket. These are also good shows for mystery hosts. Tell everyone that you see at the office that each person that orders gets entered to win the benefits. They will pass the word, then everyone will look at the catalog for something small to buy to enter. They will find a lot more than a small item and there's your show! My one word of advice- Make someone in charge! If no one is in charge than no one will know what the others are doing, who's ordered already, or anything. When you call or stop by to get orders everyone will be fumbling around getting them ready, oh, mine's at home, etc!

I just realized I'm in a "hospital circle" and didn't even know it - Duh! First it started with someone hosting a show in The Dietary Dept - it was a good show $900+ and she was so excited to earn all the free stuff. Then it trickled down to a few bookings - I still have some future shows out of it.

Then my sister who works in the Operating Room of the same Hospital took a cookbook in "All the Best" to show someone. That was it! They went nuts and I can't supply them with enough catalogs. Those are only Catalog shows though.

Yes, I would say designate someone to be the "Host" and collect all the money, etc. It never hurts to try!

Joanne

There is a form on this site to attach to collection envelopes for this type of catalog show (cattie's left in break rooms, etc.). I will see if I can find it, I think I stored it on my computer.

Found itHere is the form

Attachments

• Catalog Show Folder Cover.doc
    19.5 KB · Views: 559
Some of my best shows have been hospital employees! I would rather just ask one person to be the host though. (if that one says no-ask someone else!) They know lots of people at work, plus each person has another circle of friends outside of work.

1. How can I find contact information for hospitals to schedule appointments?

To find contact information for hospitals, you can start by researching online or using a hospital directory. You can also reach out to your local Chamber of Commerce or networking groups to see if they have any connections to hospitals.

2. What is the best way to prepare for a hospital appointment?

To prepare for a hospital appointment, make sure you have a clear understanding of your product and its benefits for hospitals. Research the hospital's needs and pain points, and come up with a tailored pitch that addresses those specific concerns. It's also important to have all necessary materials and samples ready to showcase during the appointment.

3. How can I differentiate my product from competitors in the hospital market?

To differentiate your product from competitors in the hospital market, focus on the unique features and benefits that your product offers. Highlight any certifications, awards, or customer testimonials that set your product apart. You can also offer a free trial or demo to showcase the effectiveness of your product.

4. What are some common mistakes to avoid during a hospital appointment?

Some common mistakes to avoid during a hospital appointment include being unprepared, not listening to the hospital's needs, and being too pushy or aggressive. It's important to listen to the hospital's concerns and tailor your pitch accordingly. It's also important to be respectful of their time and not come across as too sales-focused.

5. How can I follow up after a hospital appointment?

After a hospital appointment, it's important to follow up in a timely manner. Send a personalized thank-you email or note, and include any additional information or materials that were discussed during the appointment. It's also helpful to schedule a follow-up call or meeting to discuss next steps and address any further questions or concerns from the hospital.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Bill Faber
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
jonna
Replies