• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Breaking Down to Buy the Pots and Pans...

In summary, the conversation is about the best pan set to purchase from Pampered Chef. The participants discuss their personal preferences and experiences with different sets, including the Professional and Executive lines. They also mention the option of earning points through Pan-O-Rama to get a desired set or pieces. The consensus is to go for the Executive set, as it is highly recommended and the Professional line will be discontinued in 2008. There is also a suggestion to host a show or make guest orders to earn points and get the host special or half-price items.
chefkristin
Gold Member
I think I really need to break down and buy a good pan set. I have the crappy Farberware ones. I want good ones. I do have the Family Skillet, One of the larger pots (not sure which one it is-:eek: ), the Grill Pan. I think they are all the Professional line. Does anyone have an opinion on which set I should focus on? I love the new Stainless Steel (Beautiful) but I really like Non-Stick.

Get the Executive, it's the best! Try to earn it during Pan-O-Rama!

pamperedlinda said:
Get the Executive, it's the best! Try to earn it during Pan-O-Rama!
I thought about that! Except I have this problem with PATIENCE!!!

I have a mixture of Professional and Executive. I really like the non-stick! I am going to earn the large skillet and lid in the SS, but that's the only SS one I am interested in.

I would get the Executive if I were you!!

If you want to use them at shows, too, I'd go ahead and get the Executive, because the fall catalog is the last book for the Professional. The Exec and Prof have the same (or practically) open stock pieces, so it's just a matter of picking one.

As far as which SET you should get, that depends on which one includes the pieces you'll use more day-to-day. I've got both professional sets, and I use most of it regularly.

(BTW- if I were you, I'd order my cookware in August using Mom's name, so that I got points for Pan-o-Rama.)

I LOVE my Executive ones. They are great and are the best I have ever used. I think Stainless is pretty but I do not like cooking in them. I thought I would and my mom bought me a good set before I starting in PC. I just gave them back to her this weekend when cleaning out my cabinet for her to use! HA! Of course, ours may be really awesome but don't know yet. I do not see anything beating our Executive set.

If you have a lot of the Professional already, it may be easier for you to complete that set. And I am sure they are great too, but just cannot say from personal experience on them. You may want to think about that the Professional Line will be discontinued in 2008 too. And whether are not you would rather have a current line to use at shows. Of course, I am sure we will all constantly be dealing with change though after we complete different sets we want.

chefann said:
If you want to use them at shows, too, I'd go ahead and get the Executive, because the fall catalog is the last book for the Professional. The Exec and Prof have the same (or practically) open stock pieces, so it's just a matter of picking one.

As far as which SET you should get, that depends on which one includes the pieces you'll use more day-to-day. I've got both professional sets, and I use most of it regularly.

(BTW- if I were you, I'd order my cookware in August using Mom's name, so that I got points for Pan-o-Rama.)
LOL!! THanks for the tip Ann!!!:p

You will want 1 or 2 SS pans for browning meats, and they are also better for carmelizing onions. One other feature that I really like w/ the SS is that it can be put under a broiler.
That said - I agree w/ those who said Executive! Get the Executive! Earn a couple pieces of SS - and if you can't wait, then use the points from purchasing your Executive set to help earn those SS pieces!;)

I did earn the SS small 8". Thanks to everone for your input. I think I am leaning towards the Executiveas I won't be able to show of the Professional for much longer-Good point to all who mentioned!

I don't have any yet, but this is my plan... (other then stainless & exec 8" saute pans)Buy the 7 pc executive, grill pan, and double burner griddle & possibly the stockpot in september... (the 5pc doesn't seem necessary to me...) and then the stainless 10" saute (maybe) and 12" covered skillet....well actually i am going to try to earn those in panorama!

Host a show in early Sept if you can't wait to earn them. A little patience can really pay off! Plus you woul dget points to add to your collection.

Actually, that's a good plan. By ordering a couple of pieces as guest orders, you'll have enough in sales to get the host special (get a set!) and maybe even a half-price item (get another set!).

chefann said:
Actually, that's a good plan. By ordering a couple of pieces as guest orders, you'll have enough in sales to get the host special (get a set!) and maybe even a half-price item (get another set!).

I really wish we could get the booking benefits, because then we could get 2 sets/pieces at 60% off...

Oh, and just a note for anyone that wasn't at conference....the stainless pots & pans are very heavy! If this could be a problem for you, I would get the saute pan to get a feel for the weight... I wouldn't want my "everyday" pots and pans to be THIS heavy...

jenniferknapp said:
Oh, and just a note for anyone that wasn't at conference....the stainless pots & pans are very heavy! If this could be a problem for you, I would get the saute pan to get a feel for the weight... I wouldn't want my "everyday" pots and pans to be THIS heavy...
Too heavy to carry for shows! That is why earning the small pan is imperative if you are able. It will at least let your guest get an idea and then make there own decision.

Heavy pans=good cookware

DebbieJ said:
Heavy pans=good cookware
Heavy Pans=Broken Back!! LOL!!!

I know they are wonderful pieces!!!

Booking Benefit
jenniferknapp said:
I really wish we could get the booking benefits, because then we could get 2 sets/pieces at 60% off...

Jennifer - this is a way around this. ;-) Have "mom" host a show in August and then you can place an order under her show. Then when setup things in P3 that you're booking a show off her show. For your show, place an order as "mom" and then you get two sets at 60% off! YEAH!! Plus, you still get all the points for pan-o-rams if I'm not mistaken.

Executive, Executive, Executive!!! Jumping here!! I have SS from other companies--and I LOVE, LOVE my try-me pan from our Executive line!! There are a few dishes I'd make in the SS. But for every day cooking and cleaning--it's EXEC all the way!:)Cath
/kitchenCPR

Related to Breaking Down to Buy the Pots and Pans...

What are the benefits of investing in high-quality pots and pans?

Investing in high-quality pots and pans can greatly improve your cooking experience. These types of cookware are often more durable and have better heat distribution, resulting in more evenly cooked meals. They also tend to last longer, saving you money in the long run.

What materials should I look for in pots and pans?

Some of the most common materials for pots and pans include stainless steel, non-stick, cast iron, and ceramic. Each material has its own benefits and it ultimately depends on your personal cooking preferences. Stainless steel is a great all-purpose option, while non-stick is ideal for cooking delicate foods. Cast iron is known for its durability and heat retention, while ceramic is great for slow cooking and even heat distribution.

How do I care for my pots and pans to make them last longer?

To prolong the life of your pots and pans, it is important to properly care for them. Avoid using metal utensils on non-stick surfaces, as this can cause scratches and damage. Always hand wash your cookware and avoid using harsh cleaning agents. If your pots and pans are dishwasher safe, be sure to follow the manufacturer's instructions.

What is the difference between a saucepan and a stockpot?

A saucepan is a smaller, more shallow pot used for cooking sauces, soups, and other liquid-based dishes. A stockpot, on the other hand, is larger and deeper, making it ideal for cooking large batches of soup, stock, or pasta. The size and shape of the pot will ultimately depend on the type of cooking you do most frequently.

Is it worth investing in a complete set of pots and pans?

Investing in a complete set of pots and pans can be a great option for those who are just starting out in the kitchen or looking to replace their current cookware. It often offers a better value compared to purchasing individual pieces, and you can ensure that all your cookware is made with the same materials and quality. However, if you already have a few high-quality pieces, it may be more beneficial to purchase additional pieces separately.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • lindy0116
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Zsu
  • CooknSteph