• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Getting Back in Shape with Bootcamp: My Journey

In summary, the conversation is about a person's journey to get back into shape and their participation in a bootcamp program. They discuss their workout routine, including going to the gym and working with a trainer, and their efforts to watch what they eat. They also mention the difficulty of the bootcamp program and how it is helping them reach their fitness goals. The conversation ends with an update on their progress, including weight loss and learning the importance of eating enough while exercising.
chefcharity
So, I am trying deperately to get back into shape. I go to the gym at least 3 times a week, work with a trainer at least 1 of those days and I try to watch what I eat. I know, I know... diet and excerise must go hand in hand. Anyhow! My gym was setting up a bootcamp so I signed up. It is 1 hour twice a week. that is ON TOP of my normal schedule. UGH!! I am tired!! We had our 2nd night of camp tonight and it is tough! I'll tell you, the people on biggest loser - they rock! I am in reasonably good shape (about 40 pounds overweight but strong!) and it is kicking my butt! I couldn't imagine being hundreds of pounds overweight and doing this! Have you ever tried to do push-ups for 2 1/2 minutes straight? Tough! And that was just one of the excerises! Jumping jacks for 2 1/2 minutes straight... *sigh* OK, I"m done. It will all be worth it in the end.

Thanks for listening to me ramble on!

Wahoo for you. I wish I had your determination.

LOL I did 30 minutes on the Wii Fit yesterday and have been audibly wincing everytime I moved today! (so sore)....i cannot imagine doing what you are doing- hats off to you!

I did boot camp last summer and LOVED it! Good for you! Keep at it!

i have heard about Bootcamp and soooo wish my local Y would have one, but they don't....and i really don't want to drive an hour to the nearest bootcamp location. Good luck and keep us updated!

Thanks guys! So, far I have went from 37% body fat in December of '08 to 23% now! I am hoping this next 6 weeks will really knock me a lot closer to my goal! I appreciate the support. :)

Check your local gym for classes by Les Mills. It is not bootcamp but some of the classes like bodypump, bodyjam are awesome. My gym offers a great program, for extra cost, but it is Parisi Total Body Conditioning. Now I have been through Army boot camp(years ago and before my 3 boys) and these sessions kick my ass

Good luck! I started a workout program in May that has a 10 week intensive body shaping work out to start with. It's 6 days a week for 45 minutes (feel lucky you only go twice). I signed up for a whole year when I was done and continue to do great when I can actually go (shows, being sick, etc!).

Update....
well, first.. Boot camp is SOOOO not 'happy fun day camp'! LOL!! It is good. I love that feeling at the end that I have accomplished something. I have actually upped my regular workouts and I'm in the gym about 6 days a week plus the 2 hours of B.C. a week. I have changed my diet and am eating very clean. In fact, I'm even taking a salad to Thanksgiving dinner so that I can have a little of the other stuff but not gorge myself on it! I know my limits and it is a slippery slope for me when I start to cheat.
Anyhow, I have lost 6 pounds so far. We are 2 1/2 weeks into BC. Clothes are starting to fit better AND I'm getting into shirts and jeans that did not fit a month ago!

I have to tell you, I really fought the combo of excerise and diet. For years, I have done one or the other but never both at the same time. It is amazing what happens when you do it the way they say!

I am pumped!! Thanks for letting me share my updates on here! :)

Boot camp is over and I had great results! I lost a total of 7 pounds and 7 inches in 6 weeks. Not bad. We'll be doing another one in April and May, so by Disney I'll be looking great!

One very interesting thing I learned through this process is that when excerising you want to make sure you are eating enough. We all think..diet, got to eat less, got to eat less. Not the case. With the schedule I have and my Lean body mass I actually have to eat.... 2000 calories a day!! That is a lot when you think you should be 'dieting'. If you don't eat enough, the weight you loose is actually muscle not fat. Your body hordes the fat thinking you are starving. I thought it was interesting.

Anyhow, that is the bootcamp update for the session. :)

1. What is the "Getting Back in Shape with Bootcamp" program all about?

The "Getting Back in Shape with Bootcamp" program is a comprehensive fitness program designed to help individuals of all fitness levels get back in shape and improve their overall health and wellness. It combines high-intensity interval training, strength training, and nutritional guidance to help participants achieve their fitness goals.

2. How long is the program and how often do I need to attend bootcamp classes?

The program is 12 weeks long and includes 3 bootcamp classes per week. Classes are typically held on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, but we also offer some weekend classes for those with busy schedules. We recommend attending all 3 classes each week for optimal results.

3. Do I need to have prior fitness experience to participate in bootcamp?

No, the bootcamp program is suitable for individuals of all fitness levels. Our certified instructors will modify exercises to meet your individual needs and abilities. We also provide options for beginners and advanced participants, so everyone can get a challenging workout.

4. What should I bring to bootcamp classes?

We recommend bringing a water bottle, towel, and comfortable workout clothes and shoes. We provide all the necessary equipment, but you are welcome to bring your own yoga mat or resistance bands if desired. It's also a good idea to bring a positive attitude and willingness to push yourself during the workouts!

5. Will I see results from participating in the bootcamp program?

Yes, if you follow the program consistently and make healthy lifestyle choices, you can expect to see significant improvements in your fitness level and overall health. Our program is designed to challenge and push you, but also provide the support and guidance you need to reach your goals. Your hard work and dedication will pay off in the form of increased strength, endurance, and confidence!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ughubug
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heat123
  • lockhartkitchen