• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Pampered Chef Business: Tips for Booking Shows and Fundraisers"

In summary, Tammy was unable to get booked for shows after joining the Pamperd Chef family in May. She has only submitted 1 fundraiser and that was only because her recruiter split it with her. She is planning on having another show next month to advertise their new fall products, but so far no luck. She wears her PC logo and carries her bag, but still has not gotten any response from potential customers. She is offering something special if someone hosts a show for her, but she is still looking for ways to make more money.
ReneesKitchen
Hi, I joined The Pamperd Chef family in May of this year!! I've tried my hardest to get shows booked and have had NO luck! Since I joined I've only submitted 1 fundraiser and that's only because my recruiter split it 50/50 with me, we did the fundraiser together. I had a Grand Opening but didn't give myself enough time to advertise so my Director and recruiter are the only ones that showed up. I am planning on having another one next month to advertise our new fall products. I was aiming towards submitting 2 shows for this month. So far no luck! I wear my PC logo and carry my bag. I pass out catalogs and leave business cards. I've got in touch with my family and friends and I've had NO LUCK!!! I am now offering something special if someone hosts a show for me. I'm open to any and all suggestions as to what can help me get A SHOW! I hope someone can help me and thank you in advance!

Are you finding out "Why" people are saying no? You may be able to turn some of them arround. It's about them not you.
Have they seen a recent catalog?
If money were not an option what would they like to have?

Well I've had a good amount of people say that they wanted to hold a show but when I get in touch with them to schedule a date they don't reply. I don't want to be too pushy or on top of them about it all of the time. So I don't know what to do. I've also tried given them a few dates to choose from but still haven't got a response from any of them.

Are you sending them emails to pick a date or calling them? You have to pick up the phone and call. It is much easier for someone to ignore an email or they simply just forget to respond back to it. Get them on the phone and you will get the dates

Renee, I feel your pain. At my grandopening I had 5 guests, my daughter and 4 of her friends! I have handed out catalogs to several people who say "I love Pampered Chef!" but haven't ordered anything. I was at the pharmacy a few days ago and the clerk noticed my Pampered Chef shirt. Which shocks me because I was wearing the tea green shirt and the logo is written in the same color as the shirt! On the website its written in white, but okay. So I handed her a catalog and an hour later someone from the pharmacy called me to see if they could get more catalogs and order forms! Come to find out that another consultant had been there and promised to bring back a catalog but she never did, so they decided to do a catalog show amongst themselves and I'm going to pick up the orders on Monday! I'm hoping it will at least qualify, I don't know how many people are ordering. I always keep a catalog in my purse, I went and bought a bigger purse just to fit a catalog! And I have a folder in my trunk of my car with catalogs, order forms, guest specials, host specials, recruiting info, cooking show flyers, catalog show flyers, fundraiser flyer letters (in case I drive by a car wash I can hand them a flyer) so I feel like I'm prepared but I just can't seem to get started. I do have a booking for August, (another thread) my insurance agent so its a start, but I'd like to start making money NOW!
Good thing I have a day job!
Good luck to you and you are not alone, sorry I have no advice, I just wanted you to know there are others in the same boat with you. Thats why I'm on CS, to get as much information and tips and help as I possibly can!

Tammy

I'm so sorry you're having a hard time getting going. It stinks when friends and family can't even help. Would they not even do a catalog show? Maybe you can do a Mystery Host show, so they don't feel too much pressure. If all they need to do is come up with $100 in orders, maybe it'll be easier? Maybe not, but it's worth a shot. :) Or would you consider pampering a business? That works for some. You could do a search and type those phrases in and then you can read all about how others have done those 2 types of shows. People here are great at sharing their ideas. I've learned so much since I've started. Good luck! :)

Have your recruiter and director helped at all in giving you ideas? Are they supportive? (I know they are some because they showed up at your open house). Did you have 4 shows booked when you signed?How are you approaching potential hosts?Is it, "You wouldn't want to have a Pampered Chef show would you?"Or is it, "Hey Jodi, did you know I just started doing Pampered Chef and I'm so excited to get going. I joined Pampered Chef because they have great products and have the best benefits for their hosts. Would you like to have some friends over some night? I'd be glad to show you a fun new recipe and help you get some free products."

Your family and friends, even if they don't do a show for you, wouldn't at least give you some referrals of people you don't know who might do a cooking show?

How about bridal fairs in your area? Craft fairs? Farmer's Markets? You could set up booths at those and offer a drawing for a Season's Best cookbook for filling out a customer slip, or even up to $20 off at their show if they book with you today, etc.

I wasn't able to qualify in my first 30 or 60 days. I had the fundraiser and three other shows booked but they all fell through.

The way that I am aproaching people is "Hi, I just started my business with The Pampered chef, they offer hosts great incentives and I was wondering if you would like to host a cooking show."

1 of the 4 shows I had booked to qualify was a family member and the other 2were friends and then the fundraiser I did.

I'm glad that there are others out there like me. I just feel like I can't get myself going. I always keep catalogs, order forms and business cards with me. I always carry my calendar ready to book a show.

I attended conference and got a lot of great information, I had to Fed Ex one of my bags home because it was too much to take on the plane and I haven't got it yet, it has all of my notes!

I am going to give the pampering a business a try. I just have to decide how I'm going to go about doing it. I'm having another Grand Opening next month and I'm also going to have a Halloween party in October. I've got a page full of ideas just don't know how to go about doing them. Silly huh!

THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE REPLIES SO FAR!!

ReneesKitchen said:
Well I've had a good amount of people say that they wanted to hold a show but when I get in touch with them to schedule a date they don't reply. I don't want to be too pushy or on top of them about it all of the time. So I don't know what to do. I've also tried given them a few dates to choose from but still haven't got a response from any of them.

OK, I need to get up some phone courage myself, but one tip I have for this is something I got from Julie Weiss. Call them every week, two weeks, whatever you are comfortable with. If you have left several messages and they are not returning them, then tell them that you understand they are busy, but that you are going to keep calling until they tell you not to. That gets them off the hook by giving them the option to tell you to stop calling you. Then, if you still hear nothing, you can always taper your calls down to once a month or every other month.

The other thing I think I read about here is giving them a date. Say, I know you are really busy, and I would still love to book a show with you. But if I don't hear from you by next Friday, I am going to assume you are too busy right now, and give you a call in a couple of months.

I would love to hear some of the scripts other folks use, and how they work for you, since, as I mentioned, I need some help with phone courage, and don't have enough experience with either of the above methods to know how they will work.

1. How can I book more shows and fundraisers for my Pampered Chef business?

There are several strategies you can use to boost your bookings and grow your business. One effective method is to reach out to your existing customers and offer them incentives or discounts for hosting a show or fundraiser. You can also tap into your network of friends and family and ask for referrals. Utilizing social media and creating eye-catching graphics or videos can also help attract new customers and generate interest in booking a show with you.

2. What are some creative ideas for hosting successful shows and fundraisers?

Think outside the box and offer unique themes or experiences for your shows and fundraisers. For example, you could host a cooking class using Pampered Chef products or create a party package for a special occasion like a bridal shower or birthday party. Another idea is to team up with other local businesses or non-profit organizations to co-host events and cross-promote each other's products or services.

3. How can I effectively communicate the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef show or fundraiser?

Be sure to highlight the perks and rewards for hosting a show or fundraiser with Pampered Chef. This could include earning free products, discounts, or even a percentage of the sales as a fundraiser donation. You should also emphasize the convenience of hosting a show in the comfort of their own home and the fun and interactive experience of trying out new products and recipes with friends and family.

4. What are some tips for following up with potential hosts and securing bookings?

Following up is crucial in securing bookings for your Pampered Chef business. It's important to be persistent but also respectful of your potential host's time. Consider offering a limited-time incentive or special offer to encourage them to book a show with you. You can also utilize email or social media to stay in touch and remind them of the benefits of hosting a show. And don't forget to thank them for considering you as their Pampered Chef consultant!

5. How can I ensure a successful and profitable show or fundraiser?

Preparation is key to a successful show or fundraiser. Be sure to communicate with your host beforehand and discuss their preferences and any special requests. Prepare your product demonstrations and have all necessary materials and supplies ready. During the event, engage with your guests and make it a fun and interactive experience. And don't forget to follow up with potential leads and bookings after the show to continue growing your business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lacar602
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
marystell1
  • PCCHeather0506
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
jennpamperedchef
  • raebates