• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Fundraiser Success: Tips for Hosting and Promoting Your HWC Event

In summary, ClaudiaClaudia sent Dave an email asking for tips on how to do and advertise a HWC fundraiser. Dave sent her a copy of the email he is sending out to his mailing list. Cloudy shared a summary of the content with a different person. Bringbackfamilymeals is trying Dave's wording for her own HWC fundraiser.
cloudyade
Hey there,
I was wondering if you could give me some tips on how to best do and advertise my own HWC Fundraiser.
I have never done a Fundraiser before, so I though I could make a flyer that states that I am trying to raise money for the American Cancer Society with a link to my PWS and so on. And share this with all my customers and ask them to pass this on.
Any other way you would recommend to get this out there? Special organizations I should contact? Or where to hang up flyers?

Thanks
Claudia

Claudia, give me your email address and I'll send you a copy of the email I'm sending out to my mailing list.

[email protected]

Thank you so much!!

You will love Dave's set up. He did a great job on it!

One thing I have done was gone to the small businesses. Make sure you subtly repeat several times that cash donations are tax-deductible! I have two where I left two catalogs & several order forms with each business and they are matching the total of the orders they collect with a cash donation. If they ask for a receipt, tell them ACS will mail them a thank you letter and tax receipt after they receive their donation. Their cancelled check also serves as a receipt. I encourage checks because I just don't like handling their cash while I am out.....and it's easy for mishaps to happen with cash.

OK. How do we make sure that happens because I can not find anything that says we can anywhere? Especially since our names, not contributors names, appear on all the forms. Even the cash donation form.

Thank you for your kind words, John.

pampered1224 said:
OK. How do we make sure that happens because I can not find anything that says we can anywhere? Especially since our names, not contributors names, appear on all the forms. Even the cash donation form.

When they donate by check, the system that processes the donation records the donor info from the check and generates a "thank you" letter. If it is a cash donation, you can't ensure that. Plus, like I said, their cancelled check also serves as a receipt.

They can also call for a receipt if they don't receive one. They will send a receipt for donations $25 or over. If you live close to an ACS office, you can also ask them for receipts if you want to ensure your customers get a receipt. You could also make a copy of the donation form with the check and give that to them. I did that last year for Relay when I ran out of receipts.

Thank you!!! This is a great tool to have!

If people order from my fundraiser do they still get the 2 shopping bags for free if their order totals $60?

Dave is there anyway I can get this information as well?? I would love to do a HWC Fundraiser on top of my May show's. My email address is [email protected]. Thank you!

Cloudy - NO! There are stipulations for these. Guests who order via option #2 from your website will not get them. Do this: Set up one fundraiser on your personal website. Then tell everyone to order via option #1. They should be able to key in your name or what ever you call the organization whether it be Help Whip cancer or HWC. Then you can be sure they will get them. HTH!

Hi Dave Apparently you are a popular guy, can you please send me a copy of your e-mail also. I would really appreciate it.
Thanks, Amber

Akiefat said:
Hi Dave Apparently you are a popular guy, can you please send me a copy of your e-mail also. I would really appreciate it.
Thanks, Amber

Me too!! :D [email protected]

Akiefat said:
Thanks, Amber

I'd be happy to send you my Help Whip Cancer email, but I don't have your email address. :mad:

Hey Dave, could I please have a copy too, [email protected]. I am hoping it will work for me in Canada? :)

Dave, thank you so very much for sending so quickly, it's great wording and I am definitely going to try this for my own HWC fundraiser :)

donnathepamperedchef said:
Dave, thank you so very much for sending so quickly, it's great wording and I am definitely going to try this for my own HWC fundraiser :)

Good luck. Keep me in the loop how it works for you.

Thanks Dave!! I have already edited the email (with my info on it of course ;)) and have sent it to all my family and friends!! LET'S HELP WHIP CANCER EVERYONE!!

emiscookin said:
Thanks Dave!! I have already edited the email (with my info on it of course ;)) and have sent it to all my family and friends!! LET'S HELP WHIP CANCER EVERYONE!!

Good luck!

Thank you so much Dave!

Dave,

Could you email me your email letter that you use.
[email protected]

Thank you,

Dave, another request for your email letter. thank you for sending this to [email protected]

I would love to get your e-mail letter too! Thanks Dave!

BandMom508 ([email protected])

Dave, I've seen some of the stuff you've created & I'm impressed. Could you, at your convenience, send me a copy of your email? I have a friend who contacted me today about a fundraiser & wants something to mail out.

Thank you so much.

Mary Rutledge
[email protected]

HI Dave,
Please send me your HWC email. Thanks so much
Mary Kutish
[email protected]

One more to add to the list, Dave. Could you send me your HWC email too? [email protected]

1. What is an HWC Fundraiser?

An HWC Fundraiser is a type of fundraiser hosted by Pampered Chef consultants that supports the American Cancer Society. It involves hosting a cooking show or virtual party where a percentage of the sales goes towards the charity.

2. How can I best do my own HWC Fundraiser?

To host a successful HWC Fundraiser, we recommend setting a fundraising goal, choosing a date and location for your event, and promoting it to your network. You can also offer incentives or prizes to encourage more sales and donations.

3. How do I advertise my HWC Fundraiser?

You can advertise your HWC Fundraiser by creating a flyer or social media post that includes the details of your event, such as the date, location, and fundraising goal. Be sure to share it with your customers, friends, and family, and ask them to spread the word. You can also promote it through your Pampered Chef Personal Website (PWS) and on any relevant community or organization pages.

4. Are there any special organizations I should contact?

You can reach out to local businesses, schools, or community organizations to see if they would be interested in supporting your HWC Fundraiser. You can also contact the American Cancer Society to see if they have any resources or suggestions for promoting your event.

5. Where can I hang up flyers for my HWC Fundraiser?

You can hang up flyers for your HWC Fundraiser in places with high foot traffic, such as community centers, grocery stores, or local businesses. Be sure to get permission from the owner or manager before hanging up any flyers. You can also ask friends and family to hang up flyers in their workplaces or other public spaces.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tys1031
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jj16