• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Bookings: Tips for Reaching Your Goals and Planning for the Future

In summary, the conversation is about the author's concern about not being active and their recruiter retiring. The author is looking for advice on how to proceed. They are concerned about not having enough bookings and are hoping for guidance from their recruiter. They are also looking for advice on how to promote their referral program.
milkangel
i am now soooooo desperat for bookings:cry:. i am in a rut:cry:. Have one show this month and 3 home shows in march but i really want to go to D World next year with my kids and with PC. but i know it will take a lot of work but i am so willing to do that above every thing else. what can i do. My recruiter is finally hanging up her apron. Right now i do not know what that will do for me. i am somewhat afrade that i will go inactive at some point but i do not want to. what can i do? we are going to a big town tomarrow and i will cary my tote bag and goal is 8 contacts and 8 bookings. so any thing else. how is every one doing this yerar?

Do some out of the box calls on your past shows... customer care calls can bring up new opportunities! If you recruiter is retiring, perhaps you can touch base with her upline and look to her for some new inspiration.

Talk to your recruiter - who is going to take care of her customers after she is gone? She could pass them on to you so none of those customers will be orphaned and you will build your customer base. Call each one and introduce yourself.

we have the same upline. i already did talk to the upline.

So who is going to take care of her customers? Maybe she can pass you a couple instead of giving them all to the Upline. Hopefully she will be willing to help you get some bookings before she departs...

Host your own open house. Do it as a mystery host show. You can do a drawing for the host benefits. That way you can get in front of a bunch of people and get some bookings.

i did that before and it has never worked good enought besides i wnat to wait to do one after my new kitchen and office room get done and everyone thatn will want to come and see it.

Ask everyone and don't be afraid of no. I think it's great that you have a goal of 8 bookings but I don't think it is realistic with 8 contacts. A lot of the training that I have done in the past teaches you to work for your no's because every no gets you closer to a yes.

I agree with contacting all of your past customers by doing out of the box calls. Customer service is a great tool in our business and it leads to new business all the time. And maybe offer a gift for referrals that result in a booking within the next six weeks - something small, like the small batter bowl or something, that they will get when the show is actually held.

Hope all goes well.

You could review the 118 ways to get business - there must be SOMETHING you can use from there to get a start. :)

I think promoting your referral program is a fabulous way to get new customers!

If I may make a suggestion... view the customer care calls as you trying to help your customers, by making sure they are 1) happy and 2) getting the level of service they deserve. I don't look for CC as booking or sales calls. If I wind up with a booking then that's great, but I make the calls for the good feeling I get by helping someone out. I know I have spent a RIDICULOUS amount at other DS shows and I NEVER have received a thank you. Its like I was only special when I gave them the huge order. I offer to send recipes... "I know you bought the ___ and I just came across a delicious new recipe. Can I email it to you?" It really takes the pressure off.

Didn't you just do a bunch of fairs? How did they go? Have you done all your follow up.
AJPratt's advice is spot on!

I know you said you have held open houses before. I have to ask this...did you make a list of your guests, call them to ask if they could come, send a postcard or mini-catalog and then follow up with a reminder call the day before your show.

It's what we ask our hosts to do, so we should do it ourselves. Over the last 10 years I have had many pathetic open house shows of my own because I only did one or two of the steps...or worse and only used evites.

Almost always I find that hosts and consultants that have a poor turnout do not do what is needed for a successful show by making the very personal contact of saying "I've been thinking of you, I would love to see you, you'll love what I have to offer and I hope you come."

I submitted 15 shows in Nov, 11 in Dec and only 4 in Jan. We were hit with an ice storm that declared KY a natural disaster. I couldn't connect with hosts, maybe's or my team for almost a week. The other day we had a freak windstorm and everyone went back into panic mode. From Jan 28th to today I did not book a show because no one would commit to a date.

Tuesday I learned a line that changed everything. Amy Neal from HO taught this at our regional meeting (not sure exact words). When you bring up PC or are asked about it ask the person "Don't you love it?" "When was your last show?" You can respond to a "Never" with "Oh, I'm sorry that you've been paying full price for all of your products!" "You should look at our catalog. My hosts get $200 in free products for having their friends over to learn a quick, easy and very inexpensive recipe at our cooking classes. Do you think that is something your friends and family might like?

Respond with "any date" "you should take a look at my catalog..."

In the carpool line today someone I haven't really connected with in 8 years asked if I was still doing PC? I did have my tote on my shoulder(have had it for 2 months, but usually would have replied "Yes, business is great..." I tried my new line and she said she might do a book show, I explained the Feb special and how I had an extra bonus for Feb hosts, but here is one of each season's books. I actually remembered to get her email so I could email her both OOF. When I left her she was considering a Feb cooking show.

This morning I called 2 women from January that said maybe. One booked for the 25th. The other one left a message on my answering machine saying she is excited and would I call her back? Unfortunately, I missed connecting with her because of my party tonight. I plan on catching her tomorrow.

I did a multi vendor event tonight. Sales were less than $100, but I left with 5 strong leads for Feb and March. I also am going to the Tastefully Simple rep's show next Sat and she is coming to mine next week, also. I will be doing every step that I ask my hosts to do. I won't take it for granted that I am their only consultant, and they are addicted to these products as much as I am. I'll make it personal, reconnect and make them feel appreciated.

So, to answer your question...Yes, it has been difficult, but I know we have great products, a valuable service and now a low pressure way to create the desire to have a show.

I hope my mistakes over the years help you get some shows now. Good luck, Elaine

Last edited:
Wow, Elaine! That was wonderful. Simply wonderful! Thanks for sharing your experiences and great ideas.

Chefgirl2 said:
Tuesday I learned a line that changed everything. Amy Neal from HO taught this at our regional meeting (not sure exact words). When you bring up PC or are asked about it ask the person "Don't you love it?" "When was your last show?" You can respond to a "Never" with "Oh, I'm sorry that you've been paying full price for all of your products!" "You should look at our catalog. My hosts get $200 in free products for having their friends over to learn a quick, easy and very inexpensive recipe at our cooking classes. Do you think that is something your friends and family might like?

Respond with "any date" "you should take a look at my catalog..."

That is GREAT! Thanks for sharing that line. Amy Neal is coming to Raleigh in under 2 weeks...I am not sure if I can find a babysitter (I homeschool- so have a 5 & 7 yr old)...but I need to!

My 'advice', even though I'm still working on this area myself. I hate picking up the phone, but yesterday, I did call a customer (who asked me to call after she got my Outlet newsletter- her computer was down, etc...so she asked me to call her directly). I did, and we talked- I answered her questions, helped her out, etc. She ended up going on my website last night (her computer is working again), and ordered $150 (w/shipping, etc)!!

I also have been looking for ways to get more involved in social settings. I've made several contacts at my Weight Watchers group lately, and just the last week, I went to two events at church and both times made 2-3 contacts that are good leads...at least for orders. No shows booked yet, but it's given me a chance to expand my very small circle of contacts and hopefully will lead to shows.

Related to Boost Your Bookings: Tips for Reaching Your Goals and Planning for the Future

What is "soDesperate for Bookings"?

"soDesperate for Bookings" is a phrase used by Pampered Chef consultants to describe a situation where they are struggling to find hosts to book cooking demonstrations and parties. It is often used in a humorous or lighthearted manner as a way to bond with other consultants who may be experiencing the same challenge.

Why is it important to book parties and cooking demonstrations?

Booking parties and cooking demonstrations is crucial for the success of a Pampered Chef consultant. These events not only provide a platform to showcase our products, but also allow us to connect with potential customers and build relationships. Additionally, booking parties can lead to future bookings and sales, helping to grow our business.

What can I do if I am "soDesperate for Bookings"?

If you are struggling to find bookings, there are a few things you can do. First, reach out to friends and family and ask if they would be interested in hosting a party or demonstration. You can also utilize social media to promote your business and ask for bookings. Another option is to offer incentives or special deals to entice people to host parties. Don't be afraid to get creative and think outside the box.

How can I prevent being "soDesperate for Bookings" in the future?

The key to avoiding the "soDesperate for Bookings" situation in the future is to always be proactive in booking parties and demonstrations. Set goals for yourself and consistently reach out to potential hosts. You can also ask for referrals from past hosts or offer incentives for repeat bookings. Building a strong customer base and maintaining relationships with past hosts can also help prevent future booking challenges.

What resources are available to help me with bookings?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources to help consultants with bookings. The consultant website has a section dedicated to booking tips and strategies, as well as customizable templates for invitations and follow-up messages. You can also connect with other consultants through social media groups to share tips and support each other. Additionally, your upline and the Pampered Chef home office are always available to provide guidance and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • Crisab62
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefrebecca
  • caitynsmom