• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can Salad Choppers Boost Your Kitchen Sales?

Instructions: 1. In amedium bowl, combine the artichoke hearts, olives, onion, jalapeno pepper, salt and pepper. 2. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, parsley, basil, thyme and feta cheese. Pour the mixture over the artichoke mixture and mix well
dannyzmom
Gold Member
We were talking recently about what products we're surprised to see back in the catalog and I believe one that came up was the Salad Chopper.

At my show Thursday night, I sold 8 of them! Eight Salad Choppers at $25 each = $200 in additional sales just because I let the guests use it!

I put some chunked tomatoes, chunked onion and a bunch of fresh cilantro in the Small Batter Bowl and passed it around the room so the guests could all take a few chops. Then I pressed some garlic into it with the Garlic Press, some fresh lime juice using the Citrus Press, gave it a quick stir with the Bamboo Spoon and served it with fresh chips. I usually serve it in the Simple Additions Small Bows & Caddy set (but I forgot to bring it the other night). I did this while the main recipe was in the oven cooking (so it helps to fill the time while the recipe is cooking while at the same time showing off some more products). While they were chopping I talked about all the other things you can do with the SC (chopped salads like at the restaurants and salad stations in the malls...chicken salad, guacamole, potato salad, egg salad, fruit salsa) and don't forget to mention its lifetime warranty!

I do this at a lot of my shows and sell a LOT of SCs. I have sold 84 of them since I started doing this during my demos. That's an additional $2,075.00 in commissionable sales. Cha-ching!!

This is a great idea...I'm gonna borrow it!

I have sold 118 of them & I truly believe it is The Best Tool we have come out with since I started in '05...I also make the Salsa at every show, I also sell alot of Citrus Presses as well!! :D

That's great that you sell so many. I use them occasionally at my shows and never sell very many. I used them the other night and nobody bought them. I think they're great, except the blades are so discolored.

JAE said:
That's great that you sell so many. I use them occasionally at my shows and never sell very many. I used them the other night and nobody bought them. I think they're great, except the blades are so discolored.

My blades are discolored too!! I have a hard time wanting to show things that don't look very new.

Most people look at them and me like we are crazy!! I haven't sold very many. I will have to try the demo mentioned above and see if that helps!!

I've done the salsa, too. It didn't help. I love the things. If men see them, they think they are cool, but the women don't want them.

JAE said:
I've done the salsa, too. It didn't help. I love the things. If men see them, they think they are cool, but the women don't want them.

I hand everyone the bowl & show them different ways of holding them & everyone seems to get a kick out of them. When it comes back to me I put it in a Dots SA Bowl & scoops & its gone in minutes & they ask for more...I tell them THEY have to make it...;)

I just checked. I've only ever sold 4 Salad Choppers since May of 2007!

That's what I do. Im going to focus on these more and see what happens. Thanks for starting the thread Carolyn. I like a challenge.

I've been using them to do the salsa interactively since last summer, when Heather (Heat123) got me addicted to the salsa!:thumbup:

I sell all kinds of them (can't tell you how many since my computer crashed and I lost a bunch of my info.:() but I also used them this summer making the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad, and also, when I am passing around the salsa, I give them other ideas - such as chopping up Chicken Salad, or Ham Salad.....throw all of your ingredients in a bowl and chop away!

Chefruthie uses them to chop chicken for the 15 minute DCB fajitas. She chops the chicken right in the DCB after cooking it.

I have sold the heck out of them...
I have sold 125 and they were my #1 seller the 1st season they came out.
Face it everyone has the food chopper- So this is a great alternative.
as far as discoloration, I have used our SS cleaner or bar keepers friend and it worked great to keep them shiny.
EVERY show I did a salad chopper recipe-
Either Fresh Salsa, Artichoke Salsa, or Apple berry salsa. I always bring those ingredients for the recipe as a gift for my host.
Here are those recipes-

Chunky Artichoke Salsa

Ingredients:
1 jar (6.5 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
1/4 cup pitted ripe olives
1/4 small red onion
3 medium plum tomatoes,
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil leaves
Salt and ground black pepper to taste

Directions:
Drain marinade from artichokes into Classic Batter Bowl. Using Salad chopper, chop artichokes, olives and red onion. and tomatoes .
Press garlic into batter bowl using Garlic Press. Add basil to vegetable mixture; mix gently. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Yield: 16 servings

Nutrients per serving: (2 tablespoons): Calories 17, Total Fat 1 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 80 mg, Fiber less than 1 g

©The Pampered Chef, Ltd. 2007

QUICK & EASY SALSA-

Place 1 small peeled onion, 1 peeled garlic clove, 1 whole jalapeno pepper (optional) & 1/4 cup cilantro leaves in classic Batter Bowl. Coarsley chop using salad chopper. Add 1 cup grape tomatoes & 1/4 tsp salt Chop till veggies are uniform in size. Squeeze 1/2 lime over salsa & stir.
Serve with chips, over chicken, fish even baked potatoes!
YUM

APPLE BERRY SALSA WITH CINN CHIPS

Serve this popular fruit salsa with Baked Cinnamon chips for a unique appetizer or refreshingly light dessert (pictured on p. 17)

2 Medium Granny Smith Apples
1 Pint (Approx. 1½ Cup) Strawberries, diced
1 Kiwi, peeled & diced
1 Small Orange
2 Tablespoons Packed Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Apple Jelly or apricot jam or strawberry

1. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Coarsely chop apple slices using Food Chopper. Dice strawberries kiwi using Chef?s Knife. OR, slice strawberries with Egg Slicer. Place fruit in Small Batter Bowl.

2. Zest orange using Lemon Zester/Scorer to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Juice orange Using Juicer to measure 2 tablespoons juice. Add orange zest, jucie, brown sugar and jelly to fruit mixture; mix gently. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

3. Spoon into serving bowl. Serve with Baked Cinnamon Chips.

BAKED TORTILLA CHIPS

8 (7-inch) flour tortillas
Cinnamon & sugar

Preheat oven to 400° F. Lightly spray tortillas with water. Combine sugar and cinnamon in Flour/Sugar Shaker; sprinkle over tortillas. Cut each tortilla into eight wedges; arrange half ot the tortilla wedges in a single layer on Large Round Stone. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and crisp.

Remove from baking stone; cool completely. Repeat with remaining tortilla wedges.

I forgot I've done the Apple/Berry Salsa with them several times too! In fact, I sold 4-5 of them at a show a couple weeks ago doing that recipe!:thumbup:

I use them at every show lately. I have been doing the Fast and Easy Chicken Fajitas show, and while the DCB is in the microwave, we use the sc to make salsa, and the mix & mash to make guac- I sell the dickens out of all of the tools because thye see how fun and easy it is to get the family involved in making dinner.

I just checked and I have only sold 22 of them...I think it is time for the salsa to make an appearance at my shows.............thanks Carolyn!

ChefBeckyD said:
I forgot I've done the Apple/Berry Salsa with them several times too! In fact, I sold 4-5 of them at a show a couple weeks ago doing that recipe!:thumbup:
I did this recipe at a show once and sold none. I'm not whining, I'm just trying to figure out what I could do differently.

On the other hand I've sold 18 Collapsible Serving Bowls. I sell at least one every time I take it to a show. I've only had 8 kitchen shows since the bowl was introduced. That's a good average for that bowl. I've never even used it, myself. It just shows well.

I have never sold a single pair!!! A 118 pairs Ginger thats awesome.

dannyzmom said:
We were talking recently about what products we're surprised to see back in the catalog and I believe one that came up was the Salad Chopper.

At my show Thursday night, I sold 8 of them! Eight Salad Choppers at $25 each = $200 in additional sales just because I let the guests use it!

I put some chunked tomatoes, chunked onion and a bunch of fresh cilantro in the Small Batter Bowl and passed it around the room so the guests could all take a few chops. Then I pressed some garlic into it with the Garlic Press, some fresh lime juice using the Citrus Press, gave it a quick stir with the Bamboo Spoon and served it with fresh chips. I usually serve it in the Simple Additions Small Bows & Caddy set (but I forgot to bring it the other night). I did this while the main recipe was in the oven cooking (so it helps to fill the time while the recipe is cooking while at the same time showing off some more products). While they were chopping I talked about all the other things you can do with the SC (chopped salads like at the restaurants and salad stations in the malls...chicken salad, guacamole, potato salad, egg salad, fruit salsa) and don't forget to mention its lifetime warranty!

I do this at a lot of my shows and sell a LOT of SCs. I have sold 84 of them since I started doing this during my demos. That's an additional $2,075.00 in commissionable sales. Cha-ching!!
Thanks for starting this thread. Excited to try it out at my next party. Sold a few but nothing close to you! Fantastic.

nancycookspc said:
Face it everyone has the food chopper- So this is a great alternative.

As far as discoloration, I have used our SS cleaner or bar keepers friend and it worked great to keep them shiny.

Thank you for the information! I generally don't care if my blades are discolored, as long as they do their job who cares right? But it would be nice to get them back to how they were before my next show.

dannyzmom said:

Thanks for reminding me of this demo, I used to do it at all shows and sold at least 1-2 pairs each show! Somehow maybe during a lull I forgot to do it and haven't since! I will do it at my next show! And see if I can start sellin those SC again! Good job!:chef:

ChefBeckyD said:
I've been using them to do the salsa interactively since last summer, when Heather (Heat123) got me addicted to the salsa!:thumbup:

I sell all kinds of them (can't tell you how many since my computer crashed and I lost a bunch of my info.:() but I also used them this summer making the Deluxe Cheeseburger Salad, and also, when I am passing around the salsa, I give them other ideas - such as chopping up Chicken Salad, or Ham Salad.....throw all of your ingredients in a bowl and chop away!

Chefruthie uses them to chop chicken for the 15 minute DCB fajitas. She chops the chicken right in the DCB after cooking it.

And it's still my FAVE salsa to date! My mom fell in love with the recipe and she makes it at every function! lol:chef:

ChefBeckyD said:

I just checked and I've sold 102 so far. I use them for chicken that I make in the DCB that I use in any of the rings also.

I've been doing the salsa like this for quite a while and it is very popular with my guests and hosts. We always make it with the DCB fajitas and with the Taco Ring. I use the Forged Cutlery Petite Paring Knife to slice the jalapeno lenthwise and the Core and more to scoop out the seeds from the jalapeno. I'm using the Salt in the Grinder now and just holding it over the bowl and twisting. Yummy stuff. Who knew such a simple recipe could show off so mny higher priced products :thumbup:.

Kristina21 said:
Thank you for the information! I generally don't care if my blades are discolored, as long as they do their job who cares right? But it would be nice to get them back to how they were before my next show.

Why do the blades discolor? So far mine have not.

I believe the discoloration comes from the acid in the lime juice & tomatoes

nancycookspc said:
I believe the discoloration comes from the acid in the lime juice & tomatoes

I think you're right. If you rinse them right away, they won't discolor.

I have also used the Salad Choppers doing the salsa recipe (gotta love the Fajitas). I am not sure of how many I have sold, but people definetely love them.

I also use it for chopping the chicken. Another use I found for it is chopping cooked broccoli (for ham and broccoli quiche, or broccoli soup).

Hope not a stupid question but I've never made the salsa yet (I know you are in shock!) but you just put the items in the bowl and pass the bowl and choppers around, they just sorta wack at the ingridents? not picking up anything? chopping, and mixing the stuff together, right?

cwinter474 said:
Hope not a stupid question but I've never made the salsa yet (I know you are in shock!) but you just put the items in the bowl and pass the bowl and choppers around, they just sorta wack at the ingridents? not picking up anything? chopping, and mixing the stuff together, right?

I roughly cut the onions & tomatoes, press the garlic, juice the lime, put in the cilantro & put the salad choppers open in the Batter Bowl & kind of start it off, someone is always curious enough & I hand it to her & say have fun, when she tries to give it back I tell her to give it to her friend, by then they all want to try it...

cwinter474 said:
I slice the onion in quarters, throw in the grape or cherry tomatoes, slice and de-seed the jalapeno, press garlic with garlic press, press the lime juice in, throw a huge handful of cilantro on top of it all and show them a couple different ways to hold the choppers and the batter bowl. Then I say "you're gonna have to work for your food at this show" and pass the bowl to the nearest person. I usually have to say to the first person "Okay, you have to pass it now" because they usually are having so much fun! By the time I get it back it is very nicely chopped and I give a couple of twists with the salt grinder. I serve this with Tostito's Touch of Lime tortilla chips. They go so well with this salsa.

I've sold 23.
I have been demoing the Caesar Chicken Salad Pizza at lots of shows and place the romaine lettuce in the small batter bowl, pass that around and lets the guests chop away at every show. I've sold quite a few this summer because of this demo. I'm definietly gonna try the salsa recipe for shows that I dont demo the pizza.

I tried making salsa the other day. I just guessed on the amounts and now realize I put in too much cilantro and onion. I've tried adding more tomatoes, but it's still too strong or missing something. Any ideas? Now that I've turned it into 3 cups worth of salsa, is there anything else I could make with this? I don't see us eating it fast enough before it goes bad. Any help would be great! :) TIA

Salad choppers r a big seller at my shows as well. i love it

1. What is a Salad Chopper?

A Salad Chopper is a kitchen tool designed to easily chop vegetables, fruits, and other ingredients for making salads or other dishes.

2. How can using a Salad Chopper boost my sales?

By demonstrating the versatility and usefulness of the Salad Chopper at your shows, you can entice guests to purchase the product, leading to increased sales.

3. What are some surprising uses for a Salad Chopper?

Aside from chopping ingredients for salads, a Salad Chopper can also be used to make salsas, chicken salad, guacamole, and other dishes.

4. What is the lifetime warranty for the Salad Chopper?

The Salad Chopper comes with a lifetime warranty, ensuring that it will be a long-lasting and valuable addition to your kitchen.

5. How much additional sales can I expect from using the Salad Chopper at my shows?

By demonstrating the Salad Chopper and its various uses, you can potentially sell multiple units at each show, leading to significant additional sales and commission for you as a consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmelody
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • leftymac