• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bookings or Sales: Which Would You Rather Have (And Why)?

In summary, the majority opinion is that bookings are more important than high sales. While high sales can lead to more free products for the host, bookings have the potential to generate more income and expand the consultant's business in the long run. Additionally, bookings can help promote the host's guest bookings and create a larger client list for potential future bookings. However, some do believe that high sales can also be beneficial for the consultant, as it can lead to more potential booking leads through increased exposure to new customers. Ultimately, both are important but in this discussion, bookings take priority.
WendyAebi
Would you rather a host be shooting for high sales or multiple bookings? No fair saying "both!"...for purposes of this discussion, I need you to choose *one*. Would you rather have a $200 show with 3 or 4 bookings or $800-900 in sales with no pre-booked booking going in?

Right now...I would have to say bookings, I've been at it since March and still my biggest challenge!

Kelly

WendyAebi said:
Would you rather a host be shooting for high sales or multiple bookings?
Since both is not an option, I'd like for the Host to shoot for high sales so that she gets lots for free. A $200 show just doesn't reap that much for him/her after the effort of cleaning the house, grocery shopping, etc. An $800-900 show, they're getting minimum $165 free (not to include their 1/2 and %'s).
My MAC calls can share the host's $165 success and the fun we had at the show. This will help to promote the host's guest bookings before we close out her show.

Last edited:
Bookings since that is my biggest challenge right now. My shows are usually decent, I would just like more of them.

I would have to go with bookings, since I am in my ss2.

Tracy

i agree COMPLETELY with Tracy

i would definitly have to say bookings you definityly cant geet any sales without any bookings :)

Hmmmm, tough one--
I'd have to say bookings. My reasoning is this: I may have a poor show with only $200 in sales, but if I leave with 4 bookings, who's to say one of those bookings isn't a $1000 show!

However, I might have said high sales if it meant high attendance. The bigger the client list, the more potential booking leads I have, even if they haven't booked from the show.

Definitely BOOKINGS! I had a show that I drove 70 miles to (one way) and it was $60. That was when you could have 5 orders OR $150 in sales. Well, I got 2 bookings at that show. One was a $400 show with one booking which was about $200. The other was a $600 show which had 2 bookings, one of which was $350 and the other over $1000. Those had a couple bookings too which ended up in the $300 range.

That $60 show gave me a ton of business and was well worth the trip!

SalesI would much rather have high sales. Somehow the bookings will find their way onto your calendar if you are working at doing so.

For me, a $200 show is NOT worth my time (unless it's a catalog show). I would much rather have a $800-900 show, with no bookings, with the hope that possibly I might be able to convert a show attendee to a booking prior to the show closing. Even if not, it's the customer service and follow-up that will help get a booking down the road.

SalesI love being able to help my hostess go on her shopping spree - she is the best advertisement I have for our products, hosting & recruiting. I don't do very well booking at shows, but have found that by providing excellent customer care (and lots of followup), the bookings come as do very loyal customers.

Esther

With RebeccaI'm with you on the bookings. I am not at a point with my business that a $200 show wouldn't be worth my time. It is disappointing, but if there are bookings it was not a total loss. It wasn't a loss anywayl because you still receive commission off of that $200 AND if there is a consultant sales promotion you are $200 closer than you were before.

Congratulations Beth on such a successful $60 show!! Goes to show, that you never know!

It would be awesome if every show was over $800 in sales, but we all know that doesn't ALWAYS happen.

Bookings!Since I HAVE to choose I would say bookings because it perpetuates your business and shares the opportunity with more people.

Me too. Bookings.

hmmm Hard one. Right now I have to say booking since a lot of my shows have been canceling.

DB

I would have to agree with the majority here. Bookings over sales hands down. A $200 show with 4 bookings at the very least will generate $800 more in commissionable sales. Most likely more with show averages being in the $400 range. And with the bookings off those four shows, your sales continue to increase. It is like that old shampoo commerical (I hope I am not showing my age!). 1 bookings leads to 2 bookings, that each lead to 2 bookings, and so on and so on.

High sales are great, but booking perpetuate your business.

What is the difference between bookings and sales?

Bookings refer to future parties or events that have been scheduled with a consultant, while sales refer to the actual amount of products sold at those parties or events.

Which is more important for a Pampered Chef consultant, bookings or sales?

Both bookings and sales are important for a consultant's success, but bookings are typically seen as more important because they lead to future sales and potential new customers.

Why should I focus on bookings instead of just trying to make sales?

Focusing on bookings allows for a consistent and steady stream of sales, rather than relying on one-time sales. Bookings also help to expand a consultant's customer base and can lead to repeat business.

Is it possible to have high sales without many bookings?

While it is possible to have high sales without many bookings, it is not sustainable long-term. Without future bookings, a consultant may struggle to maintain a consistent income and find new customers.

How can I increase both my bookings and sales as a Pampered Chef consultant?

To increase bookings, a consultant can offer incentives or rewards for hosts who book parties or events, reach out to potential hosts through social media or personal connections, and follow-up with past customers. To increase sales, a consultant can focus on showcasing the quality and versatility of the products, offer cooking tips and recipe ideas, and provide excellent customer service to encourage repeat business.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Ginger428
  • Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • NooraK