• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Booking While at Someone Elses Party

In summary, if you are hosting a party, it is a good idea to bring flyers to hand out, but be sure to talk to the consulant beforehand. Bringing other promotional materials (such as books or order forms) is also a good idea.
TerraOB83
Gold Member
Im going to a jewelry party tomorrow for my aunt and I wanted to take a few flyers that I had printed since I still dont have my kit I dont want to take away from her party but do you think it would be ok if I handed them out while either they order or getting ready to leave. I dont want her to think im rude and trying to take away from her party but I would also like to get more bookings. Also what else should I take with me other than the flyers? TIA
Terra

Last edited:
I would suggest you talk to the consulant before you start handing out flyers at her event. I know I would not like for a jewerly consultant to start passin gout flyers at my show!

yeah I was going to do that sorry had my little one in my lap while i was trying to type :) but i mean if she says that shes fine with it I guess I should have double checked my question before I posted :)

I had a show where the hostesses sister had just had a baby and was starting her direct sales business. She didn't hand out flyers but she brought her Body Shop at Home tote bag with her. Of course she got asked about it and it just came up in conversations. These were mostly family members of hers so once she started talking about not being able to have any shows yet because of her new baby I knew I wasn't going to have good results with bookings ;).

I don't think you will hurt her sales but possibly her bookings. Maybe talk with your aunt about hosting a show for you in the future. I would keep it low key as a professional courtesy but if it comes up in conversations then go for it! If these are mostly people you know as well, maybe call them after the show and let them know you thought they had so much fun at the show and you wanted to let them know about your new business.

I would have a couple of books and order forms just in case. Maybe an invitation to an open house if you are doing one.

Good luck getting those bookings!

Thanks I will I guess im just excited to get started lol she is going to do a show so maybe I will wait until then b/c I wouldnt her to lose bookings Thanks for all the advice whats an open house?

Always remember what goes around comes around and how will you feel if you are at a cooking show and someone promotes (even discreetly) their new business.

thats what I thought but wasnt sure since I have never sold anything before thats why i was asking :)

Something happen to me last night along the same line. I was a a party and a friend of mine asked it I had any dates open in Feb. Of couse I was thinking double points. I told her that I would call her.But I didn't want to get my calander out. The consultant that was their was happy to see I didn't push my PC and I encouged others to book with her for her items she did get to bookings. I have the feeling that were all in it for the same reason, and maybe she'llhelp me out if she(Passion Partyconsultant) can. She later asked me that night if I wanted infor for a Bridal Show.

I def dont want to push it on people and thats why i wasnt sure if it would be ok to give anything out or even talk about it a lot of people that are coming are family but there are a few others that i wanted to talk to or maybe print out a buisness card

I personally woul dnot do this. I had a "fellow consultant" try to get booking from my PC show that I was hosting and announcing that I was going to start selling from. And yes she knew! She tried to get my cousin to book with her at my show! Different situation, but I would not try to get bookings at another show.

I hosted a tupperware show and had my guest ask me about a PC show and I contacted her later b/c I did not want to hurt the TW person's feelings.

ty all i feel kinda stupid now for posting this i guess i should have just used my common sense, i hope you all dont think im flakey lol im not really just having one of those off days what are some good ways to promote I guess I jsut dont know where to start other than a few family members and close friends, the lady who did my show said to call when I actually got my kit but I have a hard time talking to new people I havent worked in a few years and just dont know where to start.

Don't feel stupid!!!

If they ask you about it, just tell them you will call them later b/c you do not want to interfer with the party. They will completely understand I am sure.

I would really really really NOT do that.
I had had consultants for other companies (I am not naming names) start selling their wares and trying to book shows during my demos and MAN it pissed me off. I hated it being done to me and will not do it to anyone else.

I wonder how they would feel if someone did it to them? I know everyone thinks wow, another target of people but there are right and wrong ways.

I bring my PC bag with me (non catalog one) when I go to other parties. If someone asks me about it, I ask for their info and tell them I don't want to take business away from the consultant that is here doing their thing. I set up a later day/time to contact them about PC.

cmdtrgd said:
I bring my PC bag with me (non catalog one) when I go to other parties. If someone asks me about it, I ask for their info and tell them I don't want to take business away from the consultant that is here doing their thing. I set up a later day/time to contact them about PC.

That's exactly how I handle it.

That's what I would do too Kate. Indirectly advertise quietly and get their info to call them later. I think it shows them respect for others.

thank you all for the advice I guess I should have worded my 1st post differently I thought of the flyers b/c I dont have anything that really says pampered chef on it and wasnt sure how to go about it but now I know :) thanks

Is she a good friendI mean depending on how well you know this lady, I once had a great friend throw a Mary Kay party and after it was over and she got through her talking and makeover stuff, she collected orders and told people they could hold a show and told them the benefits.
With those that were not interested she motioned to me and told them that I sell PC. Some ladies wanted a catalog and I gave them one.
But I knew this friend really well. There is no competiition between us and she knows how it is when you need bookings.
She might just say yes if you ask her because she doesn't want to be mean or sound rude but I would just discreetly advertise.
Offer to bring a PC recipe for others to sample and be sure to bring recipe cards with your info on them. But that's it. Don't talk about your business or anything and certainly not while the show isn't even started or over yet. After you start to mingle she will know who is interested in booking and who is not.
Debbie

Sounds like you know most of these people - send them the info via postal service...

1. How do I go about booking my own party while attending someone else's?

To book your own party while at someone else's, simply approach the consultant and express your interest in hosting your own party. They will provide you with a few available dates and help you choose the best one for your schedule. You can also ask the host of the current party to share their experience with Pampered Chef and how it has benefited them.

2. Can I earn any rewards or discounts by booking while at someone else's party?

Yes, you can earn host rewards and discounts by booking your own party while at someone else's. The consultant will provide you with information on the available rewards and discounts and how you can qualify for them. It's a great way to save money and get some free products.

3. Do I need to invite the same guests to my party as the one I am attending?

No, you do not need to invite the same guests to your party as the one you are attending. You can invite your own friends, family, and acquaintances to make your party unique and fun. However, if there are guests at the current party who are interested in attending yours, you are welcome to invite them as well.

4. What if I change my mind about hosting a party after booking at someone else's?

If you change your mind about hosting a party after booking at someone else's, you can simply let the consultant know and they will cancel your booking. There is no pressure to follow through with hosting a party, and you can always book one at a later time if you change your mind.

5. Is there a minimum number of guests I need to have at my party?

No, there is no minimum number of guests required for a Pampered Chef party. You can have as few or as many guests as you like. The more guests you have, the more rewards and discounts you can earn, but the decision is entirely up to you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• megara2688
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • goddessred
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies