• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Bookings with the BOOK TO LOOK Incentive Box

Can't wait to try this!I had a jewelry party recently, and they did something similar. And it worked really well. I had 4 bookings from my party when I probably only would have had 1 or 2! I've been trying to figure out a good way to do this for PC. I like the envelopes so everyone is holding something. It's a lot harder to resist if it's in your had! :p

This is a wonderful idea!!! I too need to book a show and put it in action! ;)

book to lookThis is a great idea! I tried it at my show last week and got two February bookings. I used a black index card file box and put a sign on it saying "Mystery Prize Box" ..."You can look if you book"...The guests are just so curious that they want to see what is in there. Plus the cookware special, that helped too.
Thanks so much for sharing such a great idea!
Linda ;)

AFwife said:
So I started this BOOK TO LOOK idea to get bookings and it worked.

What it is, is a little box I made that says, BOOK to LOOK and inside are 4 little tiny file folders I made each with an insentive inside for booking. If they want to book a show, they get to pick one of the four file folders without peeking at the rest and inside they may find, a large batter bowl, or the measure all cup, etc...each one having something different inside.

I don't know about you, but curiosity always gets me which was the point of this idea, to get them wondering what was inside that box.

Well the show was only $400 I did get 3 bookings out of it because of my BOOK to LOOK box idea. :) The first lady to book said, the suspense is killing me I'm booking and quickly grabbed the box and pulled out a file folder. LOL

I'm so excited and wanted to share in case anyone was looking for new ways to get bookings.

:D

LindaLu said:
This is a great idea! I tried it at my show last week and got two February bookings. I used a black index card file box and put a sign on it saying "Mystery Prize Box" ..."You can look if you book"...The guests are just so curious that they want to see what is in there. Plus the cookware special, that helped too.
Thanks so much for sharing such a great idea!
Linda ;)

WOO HOO that is great. I'm so glad it worked for you too.

I have a show tomorrow and I can't wait to use it again.

Much success to you!

Sounds Great!:rolleyes: I've used Easter eggs around Easter time and gave each guest one with strict instructions "You look - you book" and someone always did, but it was hard to catch them because you couldn't tell if they had been opened. I like the individual envelopes idea, that way you KNOW they looked. About the box - Do you pass it around or just set it on a table within view? Thanks for the new ideas! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
minshriver said:
:rolleyes: I've used Easter eggs around Easter time and gave each guest one with strict instructions "You look - you book" and someone always did, but it was hard to catch them because you couldn't tell if they had been opened. I like the individual envelopes idea, that way you KNOW they looked. About the box - Do you pass it around or just set it on a table within view? Thanks for the new ideas! :D

If you wanted to do this again, you could wrap each of the filled eggs in a little tulle, and tie a bow around it. You'll notice more when you see someone who's opened the egg trying to put it back in the tulle and tie the bow around the top without anyone seeing them! lol

minshriver said:
:rolleyes: I've used Easter eggs around Easter time and gave each guest one with strict instructions "You look - you book" and someone always did, but it was hard to catch them because you couldn't tell if they had been opened. I like the individual envelopes idea, that way you KNOW they looked. About the box - Do you pass it around or just set it on a table within view? Thanks for the new ideas! :D

I place it on the coffee table in front of them, where they can see it. But I think I'll start passing it around. lol If it's in there hands they'll most likely look in it huh?

LOL

amya said:
I was telling my director about this idea and that I couldn't wait to try it, and she gave me this twist on the idea.

Put a picture of the "gift" in an envelope and put this envelope inside a catalog. Do this for each catalog you hand out at the show. On the outside of the envelope, write "Do Not Open." At the start of the show, tell everyone that there is a gift inside their envelope, but they can't open and find out what it is until they book a show with you at the end of the show. This way, the guests are sitting there with a sealed envelope in their hands the whole time. I know the curiosity would definitely get the best of me!

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!! I have 2 shows this weekend and I think I am going to do it this way!! I'll let you know how it works :D

My director told me about this and just recently I started doing it at the end of my show - I pass them out with the drawing slips. I cut out a picture from an old catalog and tape it onto an old PC invite from the prior season, etc. I don't even seal my envelopes so I can reuse them - if they open the flap all they can see is the PC invite and not the product. I make sure to include the product description and price on the card not just the picture. This way they know it's not a $2 product - I always say these are $5-$20 products - my last two shows I had 6 and 3 bookings doing this! :)

What about
minshriver said:

using Easter stickers and placing the sticker acros the split. If the sticker is torn, the eggs been opened.

I am doing the Book To Look idea for my last 2 Feb. shows, using some of the new spring products as the prizes. Really hoping their curiosity will get the best of them!

Let us know how it goes for ya. :D

Thanks for this Idea!I used it at my last show and got 5 bookings! Thank you so much!

WOO HOO that is great girl.

YIPPEE!

No takers :eek:( yet!I tried the box at my first Feb show and no one was interested to look. I did get a maybe for March so I encouraged her to look in the box and pick a prize anyways. I will try it the rest of the month and see if it works? Maybe I didnt' talk it up enough?

How I made it more appealingI had the all pick numbers at the beginning of the show but didn't tell them what the numbers were for until right after the door prize drawing. By then they really wanted to know what the numbers were for. Of course 5 out of 13 guests is pretty good too! They loved it!

? for Chelsea
chefchelsea said:
I had the all pick numbers at the beginning of the show but didn't tell them what the numbers were for until right after the door prize drawing. By then they really wanted to know what the numbers were for. Of course 5 out of 13 guests is pretty good too! They loved it!

when you say you had them pick #'s what exactly for? To see who gets to look from the box 1st person -13th person? Sorry I'm confused? :confused:

sorry, I had a main book to look book with a picture of 7 diff. products around $10 in value and had them covered with a number, then they drew the numbers, and they got to win the product under that number, but only if they booked that night, they didn't even get to look under the number unless they said yes, so some of them wanted to do one just to see what they would get.

Great idea!It is a great idea to offer products to your guests in hopes of getting a show booked. Sometimes it isn't so easy to book shows and this method really works.
The way to keep your cost low is to use your 40% off enhancement month to stock up on items that will be good gifts to guests who book and don't forget about sample packages. I don't usually use all of the items in the packages.
The guests don't know how much of a discount you get and to them it's FREE so that's all that matters. Remember to give it to them at their show and thank them for having the show. I think it's better than having to make them wait until their order comes in. I give thank you gifts to all my hosts, but when I am really desperate I offer better items to get shows! I just had a $700 catalog show because I offered the hostess the small bar pan that I got for 40% off ($8.70) last April for kit enhancement . STOCK UP!!
I use pretty small envelopes sealed and numbered. I lay them down on the front of my demonstration table and as I am explaining the host benefits, which most guests agree are very generous, I let them know that I am offering one more FREE bonus item for a limited time or for this month only to anyone who books a show! I let them know that they will receive this item at their show, and that I will help them to earn all the items on their wish list FREE, for half price or at a discount. I haven't had a problem booking shows this year, especially with the pan special this month, but if I do later on in the year, this is my plan for more bookings!!!
Debbie

Book to LookI do envelopes with incentives. Many times I am able to take either host benefits or at times piggy backed orders and get the guest item, and stock up.(Naughty I know) :)
I also have had great success in offering to provide the groceries. With everyone so busy they don't have time. I have had 3 people book just because I bought the groceries.
I am going to try the box to make it more appealing or the envelopes in the catalogue.

DebbieSAChef said:
It is a great idea to offer products to your guests in hopes of getting a show booked. Sometimes it isn't so easy to book shows and this method really works.
The way to keep your cost low is to use your 40% off enhancement month to stock up on items that will be good gifts to guests who book and don't forget about sample packages. I don't usually use all of the items in the packages.
The guests don't know how much of a discount you get and to them it's FREE so that's all that matters. Remember to give it to them at their show and thank them for having the show. I think it's better than having to make them wait until their order comes in. I give thank you gifts to all my hosts, but when I am really desperate I offer better items to get shows! I just had a $700 catalog show because I offered the hostess the small bar pan that I got for 40% off ($8.70) last April for kit enhancement . STOCK UP!!
I use pretty small envelopes sealed and numbered. I lay them down on the front of my demonstration table and as I am explaining the host benefits, which most guests agree are very generous, I let them know that I am offering one more FREE bonus item for a limited time or for this month only to anyone who books a show! I let them know that they will receive this item at their show, and that I will help them to earn all the items on their wish list FREE, for half price or at a discount. I haven't had a problem booking shows this year, especially with the pan special this month, but if I do later on in the year, this is my plan for more bookings!!!
Debbie

Debbie, I have found that alot of my guest who book, don't care when they get there free gift as long as they get it. :D

These British houses are so small, I don't have enough space for my PC stuff let alone extras for hostess gifts. HAHA

That's what I like about PC, you don't have to have supplies laying around.

I'm glad that works for you though.

Plus, when the 40% time comes around, I'm ordering for myself not to stock up for others. :D It's why I signed up afterall, to get all the products I love at a discount!

I've done this before just using envelopes with the product written on a slip of paper inside and the dates I want to fill written on the outside. I've had it work fairly well, too.

book to look ideai have done a similar thing in the past. instead of file folders i have used plastic easter eggs. if you don't have a box then use some simple additions or a batter bowl or the large bowl from the 4pc colander and bowl set or the stainless steel bowls.

i have taken old catalogs and cut out pictures of the products. make it nice and easy for yourself.

i may have to start doing this again for the spring/summer season.

great idea!

Thanks for the idea. I've made up some cards that I printed on postcard stock like for invitations that I mail (I print them with address, date/time, information on them).

I've attached them here if you'd like to see what I've done. If you have an extra something...like a cutting board a crinkle cutter, stone...this would be a perfect use for it!

Attachments

• Booking Cards.doc
    175.5 KB · Views: 954
It helped!!!I just wanted to say thanks for the idea. I had a show tonight and I used the idea. I bought 3 little gift bags at the dollar store and pasted 3 pictures from the catalog (a measure all cup, batter bowl and a cookbook) on 3 cards and put them in the gift bags. I told them that if they book a show with me, I will let them pick out a bag and that's the item I will purchase at their show for them. It will give them credit as well. The girl that booked said...."I gotta find out what is in those bags!" She picked the measure all one and was happy with that! Thank goodness for this site! I will keep using that idea. Thanks! :)

That's great!

I love this site too. :D

book to lookI have done something similar but I go by the seasons. For instance this time of year I will get plastic easter eggs and put 1 product in each egg and put the eggs in a basket. For anyone booking they can choose an egg and get the product inside (at their own show of course). I have also done it with Santa candy cups and halloween cup. Or even just a sealed envelope because yes, the suspense is killing them! hahaha

~Melanie
Future Director, RI

Melanie said:
I have done something similar but I go by the seasons. For instance this time of year I will get plastic easter eggs and put 1 product in each egg and put the eggs in a basket. For anyone booking they can choose an egg and get the product inside (at their own show of course). I have also done it with Santa candy cups and halloween cup. Or even just a sealed envelope because yes, the suspense is killing them! hahaha

~Melanie
Future Director, RI

Funny you said that cause I just bought a bag of Easter eggs this weekend to do the same thing.

Book to Look can be done in anyway. It works! I have every weekend but this coming one, March 4th and 5th, booked till May 6th. :D

I went to a Partylite party where the consultant did a similar thing. She passed out envelopes to every guest that said "Book to Look" on the front. When they brought their order up, they had to turn in their envelope. If it was open, then she scheduled their show and wrote the product on the order form for future reference. Didn't pay attention to how many bookings she got, but it is a great idea. If you do it this way, it will not take up much space and if it is in their hands, I think the curiouslity factor goes up. Just make sure that you use security envelopes so that they cannot see through them!

Jennifer

Along the same idea as BOOK to LOOK......With Spring and Easter coming up soon, I do something similar. I purchase a bunch of those hollow plastic colorful Easter Eggs (mine were after Easter last year so SUPER cheap) and I type or hand write a product (under $10) and put them in a pretty basket on some Easter Grass. You could plant grass seed if you wanted to be really fancy. Then, at my Mystery hostess show, Preview Show and any Cooking Shows, I let everyone pick one and hold onto it. I tell them that they can look inside and earn that gift from me if they book a show with me. I order the gift off from their show so that way I know they've had the show and I am not out any $$. Works great!
Mom of 3 (actually 5 now--adopted 2!)

Book to Look SpinI am currently creating my own version of the Book to Look. I want to get something into everyone's hands while at the show, but I also want it to focus on the traditional host benefits, too.

Here's what I have done - each guest will get one in their lap-board (I created 50 cent lap-boards for each guest out of 3-ring binder covers) along with their catalog and order form:

6X9 manilla envelope - on outside I have printed "Book to Look - Your FREE product is inside this envelope!" I have also added the Host Rewards chart that I cut off the inside of the back page of my old season catalogs. I just added that chart to the front of the envelope so that I can talk about our Host Rewards AND their extra bonus for booking today.

On the inside of the envelope, I have placed a smaller white envelope. Inside that envelope is a picture of a product along with the description that I have cut from my old catalogs. This is what they get free for booking at the show.

My thought is: each person will have one in hand - suspense. It focuses on our outstanding Host Rewards as well. And, it will be obvious who is opening their envelope since one envelope is inside another.

Will be trying this out at my first show in a couple weeks (I am just getting back on my feet after having a c-section).

That sounds great. Let us know how it works out. If the guests ask about them or if you introduce them to the things in their lap board.

I'd love to hear.

Thanks,
Linda

I always go through the lap board first thing after my intro and thanks to my hosts and guests. I'll point out the Book to Look Envelope at the beginning and sprinkle reminders throughout my show.

Lap Boards & Book to LookWhat fabulous ideas you gals have! How exactly do you make the lap boards? Are you just cutting up 3-hole binders? How do you finish off the cut side? Thanks for all your creative ideas!!!!

Robinh said:
What fabulous ideas you gals have! How exactly do you make the lap boards? Are you just cutting up 3-hole binders? How do you finish off the cut side? Thanks for all your creative ideas!!!!

I made my own lapboards also. I used an Xacto knife and was very careful to stay in the center of the seaming, so that there was not an open edge. If you cut carefully, the seam on the edge of the lapboard will still be sealed.

I also added the clear Pampered Chef labels on the outside of the lapboard to kind of personalize them.

Shari, thanks for that. I see what you mean... I am going to make some this weekend! Thanks again!

You're welcome.

it does work!My bookings had been dropping off..so I used this Book to Look idea at my show last night and got 2 bookings. Everyone was in suspense over the little bags. But I like the idea of putting one in each of the lapboards, so I may revamp it and try that.
This site has so many helpful tips! It has helped my business so much!
Thank you all! :)

Book to LookI do the same thing with the lap boards, use a 3 ring binder, but I get the more expensive ones with the clear cover on the front and back. Then I can put different flyers in the clear cover to advertise whatever I want.
host special for the month I am booking
guest special for the current month
opportunity bonus (if there is one)
Mother's Day Flyer
"Ad" for an open house or a special events like HWC!
Just some ideas to make the lap boards more marketable for you. Then when I talk about these things I have everyone look at their boards and tell us what their particular board says about whatever. Kind of having them do my work for me.

Envelopes Vs. FoldersEnvelopes are soooo inexpensive, I think that's what I'll do, and decorate them :) I love the idea of making your own box! I have some great kitchen stickers from scrapping that I think I'll use!

Thanks for the idea! IT's amazing what we can forget sometimes!

I use the clear view binders for my lap boards as well...I love it and so do my guests. I used to put the host special in the boards with everything else but stopped doing so when I had some people who weren't paying attention try to order it (granted I did turn one into a show), it's an easy fix but I figured it was better to pass around the host special. I also put the guest special in the clear view part of the binder, then in the pocket I put the catalog, order form, opportunity brochure, fundraiser flyer, bridal flyer and I go through the boards after my intro and before the demo and refer to them throughout the show.

Dollar General!Make sure you are going to a store like Dollar General for your supplies. I got my clear pocket 3-ring binders there for $1 each.....that means 50 cents per lap board. That is the cheapest price I have seen. I also got 16 6X9 manilla envelopes for the Book to Look for $2. I put the host benefits and the upcoming host special in the clear pocket on the back and put the current guest special, order form, catalog in the front.

I have been so motivated to work my business more since I have joined this site! Three days now....my hubby is amazed with my enthusiasm!! THANK YOU!

Lap Boards vs. FoldersI've been using folders for the last 3 businesses I've done. Are the lap boards better do you think? I can usually get 8 folders for a dollar at the dollar general.....

I LOVE the book to look box! But I think I'll put envelopes in mine, just 4, and say the 1st 4 tobook will get the bonus gifts....

book to lookI am thinking of using this idea, but have decided that I am going to put a $ amount for example I have broken up the amounts pretty much like on the host reward page in the catalog, so if the show is $150-$200 I am offering $5 off their show, $300-$500 10.00; $600-700 $15; $800-900 $25; $1000 $40. That way I feel more in control of how much money I am willing to give for the gift. My friend who is not with PC said she like this idea and she is a tough customer.

Susan A.
Moore, OK :rolleyes:

katie323 said:
I've been using folders for the last 3 businesses I've done. Are the lap boards better do you think? I can usually get 8 folders for a dollar at the dollar general.....

I LOVE the book to look box! But I think I'll put envelopes in mine, just 4, and say the 1st 4 tobook will get the bonus gifts....

Yes, my customers love the lap pads only because it offers them a relatively hard surface to write on. For 50 cents a piece, it is worth it!

leasetraining said:
Yes, my customers love the lap pads only because it offers them a relatively hard surface to write on. For 50 cents a piece, it is worth it!

I bought a bunch of the Italiana folders (you know the 3 folder thing we got with our change-over pack, that described the 3 parts; appetizers, main dishes & desserts). I will cut them into 3 separate folders - a catalog and order form fit perfectly - and the drawing slip goes in nicely. It's a nice cardboard surface that advertizes the theme.

:)

book to look
AFwife said:
So I started this BOOK TO LOOK idea to get bookings and it worked.

What it is, is a little box I made that says, BOOK to LOOK and inside are 4 little tiny file folders I made each with an insentive inside for booking. If they want to book a show, they get to pick one of the four file folders without peeking at the rest and inside they may find, a large batter bowl, or the measure all cup, etc...each one having something different inside.

I don't know about you, but curiosity always gets me which was the point of this idea, to get them wondering what was inside that box.

Well the show was only $400 I did get 3 bookings out of it because of my BOOK to LOOK box idea. :) The first lady to book said, the suspense is killing me I'm booking and quickly grabbed the box and pulled out a file folder. LOL

I'm so excited and wanted to share in case anyone was looking for new ways to get bookings.

:D

I love this idea. When I get back up and running I will use this. I think that I will use this when I try toget my business up and running again. Man am I having such a hard time going again.

Kay

Great Ideas!:) Awesome Ideas! I too make lapboards. At one of my cluster meetings, someone suggested using the trifold boards we get with the celebrations shows on them. I cut them into three seperate pieces, sometimes I need to reinforce the edges with some clear packing tape, but they work so well! everyone gets a different show idea and you can order them from supply order for a small fee ?$1.00?.
Another way that I used a type of the Look to Book idea was at change of season my first year as a consultant. I put a mini-catalog in several envelopes and wrote "TOP SECRET" on the front. Then, at the end of the show, I put in a fourth request for bookings and said, "the new season will be starting soon and if you want to be the first to see the new products, book a show with me tonight and you can open that top secret envelope!" I got 5 bookings (it was a BIG show)! I never thought to do it again this year, but maybe this fall!
What an excellent site! Thanks for everyone's great, helpful ideas!
Mom of three (plus two equals FIVE!)

Last edited:
leasetraining said:
I am currently creating my own version of the Book to Look. I want to get something into everyone's hands while at the show, but I also want it to focus on the traditional host benefits, too.

Here's what I have done - each guest will get one in their lap-board (I created 50 cent lap-boards for each guest out of 3-ring binder covers) along with their catalog and order form:

6X9 manilla envelope - on outside I have printed "Book to Look - Your FREE product is inside this envelope!" I have also added the Host Rewards chart that I cut off the inside of the back page of my old season catalogs. I just added that chart to the front of the envelope so that I can talk about our Host Rewards AND their extra bonus for booking today.

On the inside of the envelope, I have placed a smaller white envelope. Inside that envelope is a picture of a product along with the description that I have cut from my old catalogs. This is what they get free for booking at the show.

My thought is: each person will have one in hand - suspense. It focuses on our outstanding Host Rewards as well. And, it will be obvious who is opening their envelope since one envelope is inside another.

Will be trying this out at my first show in a couple weeks (I am just getting back on my feet after having a c-section).

Really great spin on this! Let us know how it goes!!!! Good luck!

leasetraining said:
I always go through the lap board first thing after my intro and thanks to my hosts and guests. I'll point out the Book to Look Envelope at the beginning and sprinkle reminders throughout my show.

Where do you position the book to look items.... and where do you put the 5-min (career opportunity bag)?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mommyhugz1978
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
rbergwrightchef
  • heat123
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ihavethetools
  • jenniferlynne