1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Book Club Ideas

1. Brookeskitchen

Brookeskitchen Novice Member

I am a member of a book club that meets once a month. Next month I will be hosting the club at my house and want to have some appetizers, finger foods, etc. available. I can't "sell" the PC products during the meeting of course, but I was wondering if any of you had some recipe ideas for me to make (with the Book Club theme in mind - the name of the book is Lovely Bones) that I might be able to display some of the PC products. If nothing else, I'm hoping it may prompt someone to ask me about the recipe or product.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Brooke
    Brand new consultant in SS1

2. cla519

cla519 Member

Make one of the rings. Or the Hot Broccoli dip is great too. or Cool veggie Pizza.

Feb 23, 2006
  3. sailortena

sailortena Member

Why not put out some catalogs and brochures within arms length somewhere near the food? Then book club members can still look at your "books" too.

Feb 24, 2006
  4. Brookeskitchen

Thanks

Thanks so much for the great ideas. I will probably do both.

Brooke

5. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

recipe copy

I might print a copy of the recipe and put my contact info at the bottom. I've gotten several people say things like, "I didn't know you sold PC." It's a great opportunity to talk about it.

Or you might use the Southwestern Seasoning Dip and have the container sitting right next to the dip so that people KNOW it's a PC product.

BEE

Feb 24, 2006
  6. speedychef

speedychef Veteran Member

How about a suggestion for your next book to be Doris's? I have read it twice and I LOVE it! Maybe because I know it started right here in my own backyard, or maybe because it truly is someone living the American Dream...ANYHOW...I think there might even be a discussion sheet under Consultant's Corner!

As for food...Appetizers and dips, and serve beverage(s) from the Quick-Stir Pitcher. Serve PC Coffee/Tea. Have fun!

Feb 24, 2006
  7. afshea

afshea Member

Have you read that book yet?

I can't think of a single Pampered Chef recipe that "matches" a theme of murder etc etc. A good book, but a bit dark. Make PC recipes...use the SA to display...but forget about a theme...unless you want to make a graveyard cake? See...now that's just bad...I'm sick and twisted!

Feb 24, 2006
  8. Brookeskitchen

Killer Kahlua Cake

:eek: It may be a little tacky, but I found the recipe for the killer kahlua cake on a Desparate Housewives theme party outline post...I might make that or maybe something less morbid. Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Brooke

9. ValerieHurtado

ValerieHurtado Novice Member

Have you tried the caprese mini sandwiches? They are so good! And the profiterole puffs are pretty easy to make too, and good finger food. When people ask you about the recipe's you can tell them how excited you are about the brand new Italiano Cucina shows!

Have something to add?