• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Blind Copying Emails: A How-To Guide

In summary, to Blind Copy an email, you need to go to the TO button, and under the "To:" and "CC:" boxes, you should see a "BCC:". Hit the "Send/Receive" button instead of closing the program, and it should send the email.
StacieB
Gold Member
Was wondering how you Blind Copy an email so others do not see addresses? Thanks in advance!!:)

I answered in the shoutbox -
StacieB, what email program are you using? In outlook, click the TO button. A window with a BCC button will show up.

BCC stands for "blind carbon copy".

Beneath your "To:" and "CC:" boxes there should be one that says "BCC:". Some of the free email services hide the boxes unless you opt to show them (i.e. Hotmail).

HTH

Thanks so much!!

Ok I found where to do this, but now all I get is an error and it goes to my Outbox in Outlook? Any suggestions?

What's the error message say?

It says the server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.

I put my name in t he To Spot and then BCC the addresses? Is that right?

Send a test message to yourself with your name in the BCC box, so you can see if it is working.

It should auto-fill the FROM with your email addy.

that worked, it seems I have to close out and then reopen and it sends it!

Wierd!! I hope my people are not getting multiple emails!!

Just hit the Send/Receive button instead of closing the program and relaunching.

It has sent them all now so who knows what happened!!

I wanted to get new blinds, too, but the brand name was so expensive that I went and bought a blind copy for a lot less.

Have you got the joke thread indexed?

No, I just remembered that I had posted that joke when that thread first started. I LOVE :love: that joke.

That is an old favorite of mine, too. My mother used to tell that joke when I was a kid. (A little different version of it.)I thought maybe you were preparing for a trip upriver. ;)

Related to Blind Copying Emails: A How-To Guide

What is blind copying in email and when should I use it?

Blind copying, or BCC, is a feature in email that allows you to send a copy of an email to someone without the other recipients knowing. This can be useful when you want to keep someone in the loop without them being directly involved in the conversation. It can also be used to protect the privacy of your recipients by not sharing their email addresses with others.

How do I blind copy someone on an email?

To blind copy someone on an email, simply add their email address in the BCC field instead of the To or CC fields. This will send them a copy of the email without the other recipients seeing their address.

Is it considered rude to blind copy someone on an email?

Blind copying someone on an email is not considered rude as long as it is used appropriately. It can be a helpful tool for managing group emails or protecting privacy. However, it is important to use BCC ethically and avoid using it to secretly copy someone into a conversation.

Can I blind copy multiple people on the same email?

Yes, you can blind copy multiple people on the same email. Simply separate their email addresses with a comma in the BCC field. This is a useful way to send a mass email without sharing everyone's email addresses with each other.

Are there any drawbacks to using blind copy in email?

One potential drawback of using blind copy in email is that it can make it difficult for recipients to see who else is included in the conversation. This can make it challenging to gauge the tone or context of an email. It is also important to note that some email providers may flag emails with a large number of BCC recipients as spam.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becky0216
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cwinter474
  • RMDave
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies