• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Black Friday Shopping: My Haul and Deals After a Full Day of Retail Therapy

In summary, the person spent a full day shopping and found some good deals. They did not get any great deals, but did get some clothes and other items.
nicki25
Silver Member
I just got home from a full day of shopping. We left at 3:45am this morning and got home at 7:30pm tonight. Got a lot of shopping done and lots of great deals. Did anyone else get anything good????

Girl, you are brave or nuts!! :) ha ha~ just joking:)
I never go out on black friday, I didn't even get out of my PJ's today.
The hassle and crowds aren't worth it to save some money, I know that is the wrong thinking, but I hate crowds and the holidays tend to bring out the worst in people when it should be bringing out the holiday spirit.
anyhoo... what kind fo deals did you get?? do tell......

oh yeah! I went out a 3:00am and got almost everything listed in the ads and a LOT more for so much less than I was planning!! I am so beyond THRILLED!

I went out around 9:00 after I dropped my dog at the vet. The prospect of shelling out $600 for her (teeth cleaning and one tooth pulled) really sobered me up. I did score some clothes for DS and confirmed a show date with a host who works at Target.

I have $10 Kohls cash so I'll probably venture out to the mall tomorrow. I'm happy for those of you who went, shopped and conquered...and had FUN!

I got a good night's sleep and then went to work! My nieces came down tonight and we went to see Twilight and did a little Christmas shopping.

I missed out on my basically free camera. I got to Staples 20 minutes before they opened, but missed the last camera certificate by a few seconds. I was able to go across the street and get one at Wal-Mart for only $30 out-of-pocket, though, so I was pleased.Got lots of other good deals. Since I was 85% done with my shopping, I didn't have a lot to get. And, since I woke at 2 a.m. and never got back to sleep, I was a little less inclined to just wander stores like I have in the past. I was home at about 4:30--quite a bit earlier than usual. Since I left the house at 5:15, though, I consider 11:15 of Black Friday shopping to be giving it a good effort.

Scott and I went and scored on alot of little deals not one big one....We could not believe the people out...something is supposed to be wrong with our economy? People's carts were loaded...

I was out of the house at 5am. got to my first store at 6 as it opened. Got the DVD players I wanted and a key gift for DD.

Went to walmart missed out on jeand for DH and a V-smile pocket for DS (our big model has gone flakey!)

Otherwise I got some good deals and now think I am completely done!

I just need to go thru and sort everything. I will probably hold some things back for birthdays and such. I got some jeans I know will n ot fit DD & DS for a while but they were a good deal!

I went out, but since it was more for the adventure, and I had no list of items to get, I don't know that I got any 'great' deals. However, my daughter got a couple of pairs of cute jeans (after 3 different tries at 3 different Pac Sun's - long story), and some cute, and modest!, shirts. Our friend got the very last TV on special at a Wal-Mart, and my sister did some shopping - though, I'm not sure hers was necessarily for Christmas presents, either.

Most important, we had a lot of fun - and got home safely.

Wow sounds like everyone got some great deals. I refuse to shop at Walmart, but I am a Target girl, love Target, but wont hit Target for another week or so. I wont hit any stores this weekend. I also do alot of online shopping :) I hate crowds and obnoxious people :)

merego said:
Wow sounds like everyone got some great deals. I refuse to shop at Walmart, but I am a Target girl, love Target, but wont hit Target for another week or so. I wont hit any stores this weekend. I also do alot of online shopping :) I hate crowds and obnoxious people :)

I'm with you there girlfriend!

pamperedlinda said:
I'm with you there girlfriend!

People think I'm a snob, but I HATE Walmart, I would pay $20 more dollars somewhere else before going to Walmart.

Last edited:
I didn't get any great deals. Course I didn't go out until 4pm either! LOL! I just had to go pick up a layaway and get the norm for my son, socks and undies and some outfits. I am done with him except for the stocking stuffers.:thumbup:

I got a new Sony Bravia TV online through Circuit City. It was a great price. Picked it up yesterday & didn't have to mess with waiting in line to get one.

We left my house at 4 am & was back by 10. We would have stayed longer but the people I went with had to get back. It's an annual thing - we get together on Thursday and make our plan. ha ha ha

I stood in line at Target yesterday for 1 1/2 hours just to check out. Got a Kodak EasyShare digi frame for the IL's for $60. I did get one of those stick vacs from Taget. It was $10 and they went like hotcakes. The ladies behind me & I made friends. They didn't have a cart when they got in line, so I put their stuff under my cart. :) It was a fun day over all. I got most of my shopping done. I only have a two gift cards to pick up & two small gifts.

The only time it was crazy was at Wal-Mart. The lady checking out two in front of us had over 50 dvd's that she was price matching. The bad thing was that she didn't know which dvd was in which ad & had to stand there to go through all of the ads to find each dvd. Then after it was all said & done, she made the cashier go through the receipt with her to make sure everything rang up correctly. :yuck:

1. What time do stores open on Black Friday?

Most stores open at midnight on Black Friday, but some may open as early as 6pm on Thanksgiving Day. It's best to check with your local stores for their specific opening times.

2. What are some popular items to look for on Black Friday?

Electronics, clothing, and home goods are typically the most popular items to look for on Black Friday. However, many stores offer deals on a variety of products, so it's worth checking out all departments.

3. How can I prepare for a long day of Black Friday shopping?

Make a list of the stores you want to visit and the items you want to buy. Plan your route ahead of time to save time and energy. Also, wear comfortable shoes and bring snacks and water to stay energized throughout the day.

4. Are there any online deals on Black Friday?

Yes, many retailers offer online deals on Black Friday as well. Some may even offer exclusive online deals that are not available in stores. It's a good idea to check online before heading out to the stores.

5. How can I stay organized and keep track of my purchases on Black Friday?

Consider using a shopping app or making a spreadsheet to keep track of your purchases and budget. It's also helpful to keep all your receipts in one place so you can easily return or exchange items if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperedCaniac
Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Sales