• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Biggest Loser Finale: Rulon's Absence & Deni's Victory Steal the Show

In summary, Rulon was not at the finale. He was disqualified from the at home challenge because he quit, and he is in trouble with NBC because he cheated.
Becca_in_MD
Gold Member
Where was Rulon? I couldn't pay 100% attention. I realized it was Justin but no Rulon. Did they say where Rulon was or did they just pretend he was never on the show?

Good for Deni winning the at-home challenge. Wow!

I assume because he quit they didn't invite him back. Just my thoughts....

Yep..because he quit, he was disqualified from attending the finale...it wouldn't really be fair for him to win the at home prize when he quit the show I guess.

I wondered the same thing; but figured it had to be because he quit.

I went to the BL FB page. People mentioned that one of the twins, Dan or Don, quit as well and came back. Most were guessing Rulon wasn't there b/c he quit and thus was eliminated from the at-home challenge, but one or two people think it was b/c he got caught breaking the rules on campus - having food in his room, leaving campus to go eat, sneaking in a disposable cell phone. Someone else posted that he has lost over 100 lbs. and is working toward getting back into competitive wrestling. It would be nice if BL would say something, esp. since he was the "celebrity" on the show.

Oh boy, the people on FB were very negative about Anna K. being the new trainer. I don't understand her credentials.

Which trainer is leaving?

Jillian is leaving and they're not bringing back Brett and Cara. Jillian is working to adopt a baby from Africa and has a contract to appear on The Doctors. I read one statement from her that really has turned me off of her. I am a huge fan of and proponent for adoption, whatever your reasons for adoption so it's not the fact that she's adopting that appalled me. She said about having a baby naturally "I just can't do that to my body." Um, hello!?! If anyone can bounce back from a pregnancy it's her. This comment combined with the intro I read to one of her diet books about how screwed up she was with her own nutrition during the first couple of seasons of BL makes me think she has really screwing body image issues still. I love Bob. If I was on that show, I would want to train with him.

Jillian. I just saw that. jinkies!

Becca_in_MD said:
Jillian is leaving and they're not bringing back Brett and Cara. Jillian is working to adopt a baby from Africa and has a contract to appear on The Doctors. I read one statement from her that really has turned me off of her. I am a huge fan of and proponent for adoption, whatever your reasons for adoption so it's not the fact that she's adopting that appalled me. She said about having a baby naturally "I just can't do that to my body." Um, hello!?! If anyone can bounce back from a pregnancy it's her. This comment combined with the intro I read to one of her diet books about how screwed up she was with her own nutrition during the first couple of seasons of BL makes me think she has really screwing body image issues still. I love Bob. If I was on that show, I would want to train with him.

I read that too, and was offended. I wouldn't ever listen to any advice from her after that, because it proves that she has a poor body image...and also that she's most likely a narcissist.

Jillian suffers from endometriosis and cannot have children the natural way. It's not an 'ego body' issue at all. As for Rulon, what I've read is that he cheated...and regularly. He would sneak off campus to eat, to make phone calls home and sneak food and a cell phone (track phone) back to his room to make calls home. When he was caught he was told he was disqualified from the competition. He was given the option to quit or be 'outed' on national television. He opted for quitting and forfeiting his chances for any monetary winnings. He will also be facing contractual lawsuits from NBC for violation of his contract for cheating and for disclosing information before airing of episodes. So, yes.. he's in a bit of trouble!That said, I'm SO excited that Olivia won! I was hoping she'd bust out in song, but they took the finale right up to the last second!

It would've been nice if they didn't just blow pass Rulon. I do understand that he wouldn't win and all that, but an update would've been nice. Is it just me, or did they not do a marathon this year???!

Has Anna ever been a personal trainer? As a professional athelete she has alot of knowledge, but teaching and guiding someone else is a different kind of challenge.

Chef Kearns said:
It would've been nice if they didn't just blow pass Rulon. I do understand that he wouldn't win and all that, but an update would've been nice. Is it just me, or did they not do a marathon this year???!

Has Anna ever been a personal trainer? As a professional athelete she has alot of knowledge, but teaching and guiding someone else is a different kind of challenge.

And I would think having some understanding of where they are coming from too! For me, having someone who probably never had an ounce of fat on them (a professional athlete as long as she has been, hardly likely), will have much experience to understand things from the perspective of someone 400 lbs, or severely overweight. We shall see. Bob has always been my favorite though.

ChefBeckyD said:
I read that too, and was offended. I wouldn't ever listen to any advice from her after that, because it proves that she has a poor body image...and also that she's most likely a narcissist.

I disagree that her comment is narcissistic. People choose to birth children or not for many reasons and if I had that rockin' body that I worked so hard for, and I was not someone that "HAD" to have a baby naturally, I would prob feel the same and I am by no mean a narcissist in fact, I refuse to let anyone take my picture for YEARS because of poor body image. To me, it simply means that her body, not just looks, is of top priority to her and she can achieve the same results by adopting. Best of both worlds. I have had the same thoughts and I do not have anywhere near her figure, I am two of her, BUT I too have severe PCOS and going off of Birth Control wrecks havoc on my system and poses several other health and body issues. Did she infer that "body" meant "looks"? It will take a lot of convincing for me to EVER come off of Birth Control before menopause just because of the side effects and what I have to live with to. Therefore that means I will prob choose not to have children birthing them myself by choice of "not doing that to my body".

I do think she prob doesn't want to risk changing her figure but to each their own. If ya got it, flaunt it! She prob doesnt even know what a stretch mark is! I personally would never choose her as my trainer as I always have loved Bob and cannot stand people who scream at others (as she does) BUT my best friend is a die hard fan of hers and by following her book and DVDs she has lost 120lbs, kept it off for 2 yrs and is running a marathon in the fall. Diff strokes for diff folks!

I think the show is going to go down hill without her though....it was not a good show (IMO) the year they had Kim Lyons.

Melissa78 said:
I disagree that her comment is narcissistic. People choose to birth children or not for many reasons and if I had that rockin' body that I worked so hard for, and I was not someone that "HAD" to have a baby naturally, I would prob feel the same and I am by no mean a narcissist ....

...I do think she prob doesn't want to risk changing her figure but to each their own. If ya got it, flaunt it! She prob doesnt even know what a stretch mark is!

World English Dictionary
narcissism or narcism (ˈnɑːsɪˌsɪzəm, ˈnɑːˌsɪzəm)

— n
1. an exceptional interest in or admiration for oneself, esp one's physical appearance

I would think that not wanting to have a baby because it might ruin your figure would fit this description.

ChefBeckyD said:
World English Dictionary

— n
1. an exceptional interest in or admiration for oneself, esp one's physical appearance

I would think that not wanting to have a baby because it might ruin your figure would fit this description.

Assuming that was the reasoning though.

And yes, I think the year that Jillian was gone wasn't so hot. I didn't like Kim either, and obviously many didn't, since they brought her back (or did she just take a break?) Anyway. I didn't watch it much this season either..wasn't crazy about the other two new trainers. But it will be Bob and Anna now?

I must say, Olivia and Hanna looked amazing! Can't say their dresses were anything so nice to look at though. ;)

If Jillian has endo or any other infertility issue, then that's different than it just being a body image issue. I don't need to know her personal business. But the statement that was quoted did not make any reference to natural birth not being an option for her. If she meant she couldn't put her body through hormone treatments, IVF, etc., then that's understandable. The way she was quoted had it come across as sort of flippant, implying she didn't want to gain any weight, deal with stretch marks, big boobs, etc. I've been down the infertility road and don't question anyone's decisions on which way to go. That's part of why I think adoption is so great.

Isn't it great that we're debating her method of having a child rather than the fact that - scandal, scandal - a single professional woman with more than enough means to support a child wants to have a child by herself?

I believe Jillian did have a weight problem earlier in her life. One season she even had her mom come on b/c she's a therapist. That's where Jillian gets her "into the head" stuff and has an understanding of what it's like to be overweight. Anna K. was never a top-notch tennis player, despite the promo to the contrary when they announced her. Contestants are going to be bending over backwards to get to be with Bob. I think the show is going to lose a lot of viewers with her on board. The year Kim was on was yucky. I remember Kim not liking the game play at all. Not surprised she didn't last. I have workout DVDs from that season with her on them. I bet Brett and Cara were on a trial run to replace Jillian. Some people have commented that it looked like Cara had a pooch on the finale so they think she's PG.

I'm surprised they haven't tried bringing back one of the former contestants who are still successful. So many of them seem to have become personal trainers. They are just as much celebrities as anyone else they bring on (if not more so)- if that's a job requirement anyway. ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
World English Dictionary

— n

Thanks for the 5th grade vocabulary lesson just in case I forgot the definition of the word. I didn't, but thanks anyhow! :D No point in debating something we both feel so polar opposite about. :yuck:

I'll remember to remind myself of how narcissistic I must be with my not-so-hot body when I think to myself that I too "wouldn't want to do that to my body" when I think of birthing a child they measure in inches and pounds out a hole measured in 'centimeters'. :rolleyes:

esavvymom said:
I'm surprised they haven't tried bringing back one of the former contestants who are still successful. So many of them seem to have become personal trainers. They are just as much celebrities as anyone else they bring on (if not more so)- if that's a job requirement anyway. ;)

Now, that's a great idea Bobbi!! The former constestants are like rock stars to the new ones (and almost eveyone else). They learned from Jillian and are being successful at keeping it off. I would like to see that happen, too.

Actually, Jillian's comment was taken out of context and she (either on her website or her facebook page) corrected and explained what she said. She said that for her personally she didn't feel that she could do that to her body after everything she has had to go through to get into the shape she is in. She specifically said that she didn't have any problem with women who chose to become pregnant but that for her, it wasn't a choice she was comfortable with. As for her health, she did say that she had trouble with the nutritional aspect of her training at the beginning because her hormones were completely screwed up. The point of her saying that was to let anyone reading her book know that she is speaking from experience.

I am going to miss having Jillian on there and I actually liked both of the new trainers they had this season as well.

As for the twin that quit - did he actually quit or did he gain weight so he could be voted off? I don't think he actually quit. I think there was only one person who went that route this year.

I saw Jillian on The Doctors. She said that comment was out of context. The issues she has have nothing to do with how her body looks, but with the toll it might take on her health if she were even able to get pregnant.

Melissa78 said:
I'll remember to remind myself of how narcissistic I must be with my not-so-hot body when I think to myself that I too "wouldn't want to do that to my body" when I think of birthing a child they measure in inches and pounds out a hole measured in 'centimeters'. :rolleyes:
That is too funny!!! Nothing selfish about not wanting to go through that or other people who do not want to have children at all. I'm the one who almost passed out in birthing class when they showed the video of a head crowning. Seriously, head between my knees about to faint. Sorry you're having to deal with PCOS. I thought I had that but it was something else wrong with my ovary, which had to be removed. Ain't no fun dealing with the unpredictable nature of your life when all systems are not working according to manufacturer's instructions.Thanks to everyone for clearing up how Jillian was misquoted.

Related to Biggest Loser Finale: Rulon's Absence & Deni's Victory Steal the Show

1. What is the Biggest Loser Finale?

The Biggest Loser Finale is the final episode of the popular weight loss reality show, where the contestants who have been working hard to lose weight throughout the season come together one last time to reveal their final results and compete for the title of "Biggest Loser".

2. When does the Biggest Loser Finale air?

The Biggest Loser Finale usually airs in the spring, typically around May or June. However, the exact air date may vary from season to season, so it's best to check your local listings or the show's website for the most up-to-date information.

3. How are the winners of the Biggest Loser Finale determined?

The winners of the Biggest Loser Finale are determined by a combination of factors, including the contestants' overall weight loss percentage and their performance in various physical and mental challenges throughout the season. The contestant who has lost the most weight and shown the most improvement overall is typically crowned the "Biggest Loser".

4. Is there a cash prize for the winners of the Biggest Loser Finale?

Yes, there is a cash prize for the winners of the Biggest Loser Finale. In most seasons, the grand prize is $250,000 for the "Biggest Loser" and $100,000 for the runner-up. However, the exact prize amounts may vary from season to season.

5. Can I attend the Biggest Loser Finale in person?

Unfortunately, the Biggest Loser Finale is not open to the general public and attendance is by invitation only. The show is typically filmed in a closed studio with only family and friends of the contestants in attendance. However, you can watch the finale on TV or online to see the results and celebrations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
cookingwith_tara
  • susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies