• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Big Fundraiser This Weekend......

In summary, Becky is looking for advice on how to keep her customers excited about her upcoming fundraising show. She is concerned that if they book too far in advance, they may lose interest. She suggests using postcards, catalog shows, and donating money to the organization at the time the show is actually held to keep them interested.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Here is the background:

I am part of a multi-vendor fundraiser this Saturday. There will be me, a Creative Memories consultant, Silpada, Tastefully Simple, Tupperware, and Discovery Toys. It is for the West Mich. Downs Syndrome Association. It has had local newspaper advertising, plus flyers in store windows, and each of us inviting our customer base.
Last year (I wasn't a participant) with 5 vendors each contributing 10% of sales, and one $20 auction item, they were able to raise over $1000! I was contacted to participate this year, because last year, people kept asking why there wasn't a PC table!:thumbup:
I'm excited about the potential for sales, and have my display and set up figured out.
My biggest concern is bookings. I have one open date between now and Dec 14th, and now have 8 bookings for Jan. I am concerned that if people want to book, and I have to give them a Feb. date, that is too far out to keep them excited and looking forward to their show.
What I am looking for is advice on how to keep people in the loop for future bookings. How do I keep people looking forward to having a show, when it is booked 3 months out?

Way to go Becky with your shows! I am not even booked for Dec yet!

I would offer Feb, but also try catalog shows. You still want the fundraiser to get the benefit of the booking, so that is what I would do. Encourage the catalog show so the fundraiser can get the $$.

Perhaps make a flyer that says Host a catalog show and the fundraiser will get $3 for it!

Sounds like a great opportunity for you, Becky!My SD has advocated (for years) a postcard system for her January/February hosts to keep them excited over the holidays. She sends postcards every 2 weeks or so with a couple of tips and a recipe, plus a personal note about being excited to meet their friends and share tips with them.

vwpamperedchef said:
Way to go Becky with your shows! I am not even booked for Dec yet!

I would offer Feb, but also try catalog shows. You still want the fundraiser to get the benefit of the booking, so that is what I would do. Encourage the catalog show so the fundraiser can get the $$.

Perhaps make a flyer that says Host a catalog show and the fundraiser will get $3 for it!

Good idea! I don't usually promote catalog shows too much - but this may be a case when I need to.....

chefann said:
Sounds like a great opportunity for you, Becky!

My SD has advocated (for years) a postcard system for her January/February hosts to keep them excited over the holidays. She sends postcards every 2 weeks or so with a couple of tips and a recipe, plus a personal note about being excited to meet their friends and share tips with them.

Do you have those postcards???

I have the series of January host letters to send during the holidays - but those are so "January specific" I don't think I would want to use them for Feb.

If she's distributed them at meetings, they were hard copies. So no electronic versions. Sorry. Any sort of card with a fun holiday recipe and a tip would work. Heck, send them the holiday card from Merrill with a note. It's got the Molten Chocolate Mini Cake recipe on it. That would keep me excited about my show! Ooohh--- and for February shows, you can put things on there like "I LOVE to help people find time in the kitchen." and relate it to Valentine's Day. :)

chefann said:
If she's distributed them at meetings, they were hard copies. So no electronic versions. Sorry.

Any sort of card with a fun holiday recipe and a tip would work. Heck, send them the holiday card from Merrill with a note. It's got the Molten Chocolate Mini Cake recipe on it. That would keep me excited about my show!

Ooohh--- and for February shows, you can put things on there like "I LOVE to help people find time in the kitchen." and relate it to Valentine's Day. :)

Ohhh, you just gave me a good idea!!! I could use Vista Print - and print up free notecards(usually 10 free at a time) with a recipe on them, and use those! Since I get those emails several times a week, I have plenty of time to get a series of 3-4 notecards printed up!!!

Thanks for the mini brainstorming session!

What if you offered to donate another $3 or $5 to the organization at the time the show is actually held if they keep the original date (or at least have it w/in the same month they originally booked). That doesn't seem like much, but PC only offeres $3, right? That might keep them on track.

1. How does the Pampered Chef fundraiser work?

The Pampered Chef fundraiser is a great way for organizations to raise money by selling our high-quality kitchen products. We provide everything you need to run a successful fundraiser, including order forms, catalogs, and online ordering options.

2. What percentage of the sales goes towards the fundraiser?

For each sale made, 15-20% of the total purchase price will go towards the fundraiser. This can add up quickly and help your organization reach its fundraising goals.

3. How long does the fundraiser last?

The length of the fundraiser is up to you and your organization. Most fundraisers last anywhere from 1-2 weeks, but it ultimately depends on how much time and effort your group can put into promoting and selling our products.

4. Are there any incentives for top sellers?

Yes, we offer incentives for top sellers to help motivate and reward individuals who go above and beyond in their fundraising efforts. These incentives can include free products or discounts on future purchases.

5. Can we customize the products for our organization?

Yes, we offer the option to customize certain products with your organization's logo or name. This can be a great way to promote your cause and create a sense of unity among your supporters.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chozengirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
Replies
Views
katem51
  • Laura Kavanaugh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies