• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Special Gift Did My Sister Create From Our Mother's Dress?

In summary, the speaker shares about the tragic events that happened in their life this past summer, including the loss of their mother, job, and a string of family weddings. They recall a special moment of shopping with their mother for a dress, which ended up being the only one she would wear to all three weddings. After her passing, the speaker's sister surprises them with a thoughtful gift made from the dress, in the form of bears. Many others in the conversation share similar stories of sentimental items made from their loved ones' clothes.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I figured I had to share this here. So many of you were around this summer and prayed for me as I went through tragic things with my mom, losing my job and them losing my mom all with in three weeks in July.

Just a little back story - when my mom was diagnosed with cancer earlier last spring, we had to make weekly 4 hour round trips to the university hospital because of her insurance. I really had just begun to recharge my relationship with my mom in the last couple of years due to some past issues so this was nice time to spend supporting her and letting her know how much I loved her. It was usually my older sister, my mom and me on these trips (neither of my brothers live close).

This year was to be a big one in my family - my little brother was getting married in June, my sister in August and my niece in October. We knew mom needed one nice dress that she could wear to all three of them. On one of the trips we stopped at Dress Barn to find something for my sister for a get together and started looking at dresses for my mom. We ended up finding a really nice dress that would look great on her at all three events. She "test drove" it at my other niece's graduation at the end of May about two weeks before my brother's wedding - everybody gave her lots of compliments. Two weeks later she wore it to my brother's wedding (she wasn't originally invited to my brother's wedding because they had not been talking either due to the same events that happened several years ago, he mailed her an invite as a surprise about a month before the wedding). Within a month she was found unconscious on her couch, started to rebound and then made a turn for the worst. She never did make it to my sister's wedding or my niece's :(

So we had this dress and my sister and I both thought it would be nice to do something with it (I was thinking something like a small wall quilt, she was thinking maybe a decorative pillow). When we cleaned out my mom's house at the end of the summer, my sister took it and we never talked about it again. Last week for Christmas, my sister surprised me with this (ignore all the clutter on the counter!)

IMG_2295-1.jpg

She had a friend of hers make 2 girl bears and 2 boy bears (for my brothers). I will cherish this forever!

Wow. No words to express how cool this is. Wow

I so love this. What a great memory to have. Something you can keep forever:)

Love it! :D

So precious! I kept one of my mom's outfits too and made some Christmas ornaments for my sister and myself. Now Mama's always around at Christmas!

That is really cool.

That is so cool! Such a special gift to remember her by

What a wonderful gift to get! Very creative and thoughtful...definitely something to cherish

That's really sweet! What a nice way to use the material and give you all something to have to remember her by.

My mom had that done for me with my grandmothers clothes. She had them made into bears and I thought that was such a great idea!

What a special gift -- love it!

Sandi

I love it! That is such an awesome way to recycle material and keep your mom close to your heart forever.

I love that! What a great idea!

My mom had her mother's mink coat (this is when real fur was popular please don't hate) Well my mom knew she would never wear it, so she had it made into mink teddy bears. She got 4 out of the coat, 1 for me, my mom, my brother & her sister. I love it. I think that this is a wonderful idea to remember someone by.

How wonderful. Thank you for sharing your story.

Very cool!

I've been telling people that I got the best Christmas gift ever, but I have to admit mine is a distant second to yours, Wadesgirl. The Furry Guy made me a storage rack for my kitchen. He used the old PC stoneware rack for inspiration. He'll be making me a couple more soon. This one runs the full length of he shelf, about 4 feet.

Attachments

• My Organized Shelving Unit.jpg
    My Organized Shelving Unit.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 651
raebates said:
I've been telling people that I got the best Christmas gift ever, but I have to admit mine is a distant second to yours, Wadesgirl. The Furry Guy made me a storage rack for my kitchen. He used the old PC stoneware rack for inspiration. He'll be making me a couple more soon. This one runs the full length of he shelf, about 4 feet.

I would love a closer image of that thing! Looks very cool, and very useful!

raebates said:

I saw that on FB - it's pretty cool!

Bobbi, it's simply a bigger version of the old PC stoneware storage rack.

1. What is the "Best Christmas Present Ever!" from Pampered Chef?

The "Best Christmas Present Ever!" from Pampered Chef is a collection of our top-selling kitchen tools and gadgets that are perfect for cooking and baking during the holiday season. It includes a variety of items such as our Garlic Press, Mix 'N Chop, and Mini Measure-All Cup, all packaged in a festive gift box.

2. Can I customize the "Best Christmas Present Ever!"?

Unfortunately, the "Best Christmas Present Ever!" cannot be customized. However, it includes a great selection of our most popular products that are sure to be loved by any cook or baker.

3. Is the "Best Christmas Present Ever!" only available during the holiday season?

Yes, the "Best Christmas Present Ever!" is a limited edition holiday gift set and is only available for purchase during the holiday season. Be sure to get yours before they sell out!

4. Can I add a personalized message to the "Best Christmas Present Ever!"?

Yes, you can add a personalized message to the "Best Christmas Present Ever!" at no extra cost. Simply include your message in the "Notes" section at checkout and we will include a handwritten note in the gift box.

5. Is the "Best Christmas Present Ever!" available for international shipping?

Unfortunately, the "Best Christmas Present Ever!" is only available for shipping within the United States. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gingertannery
  • pampered.chris
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kcmckay
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies