• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Belly Cast to Preserve Pregnancy Memories?

In summary, Jennifer thinks the do-it-yourself pregnancy belly cast kit is crazy and would never do it. She thinks it's cute but thinks it would be too big and that people would see too much of her naked body. She likes maternity portraits done fully clothed but would rather have them done sooner. She doesn't think there is any need for post-birth pictures or video and would rather not have them preserved. She agrees that some pictures are cute and that post-birth pictures can be used for weight gain and to remind DH of what he had to go through to be with his children.
hperschnick said:
My Dr last time was convinced that my due date was set in stone. We fought the morning I went into labor because she wanted to induce and I told her the baby knew when it was done cooking. It was not pretty. I changed Drs this time and we discussed it in detail. Schedling would be more convenient but all 3 of my sisters girls were in the NICU and it is so hard to see them in there. I can be patient and let nature take it's course! We don't even know what we are having either! We are completely winging it but it's fun!

Good for you!!
With my seccond I wanted to try for a VBAC. But the hospital where we were moving did not do them. The OB there wanted to schedule me a week before my due date. I just knew it was not what I wanted or what was right for the baby. I went to another doc at another Hospital. I was so glad I followed my instincts because DS ended up comming 2 weeks late. Ended up with another c-section but at least I went into labor on my own! I was determind to make sure he was done cookin! LOL

If I had gone with a scheduled C-section he may have ended up in the NicU.

I cheer anyone who stands up for their medical rights and goes with their gut!

Medically speaking - you are your own best advocate! I encourage all my preggo friends to make a birth plan and insist that hospital staff abide by it. While there are some things that must be done a certain way either due to the law or safety of the staff/other patients, there are sooo many things that can be changed based on the wishes of the patient.

<h2>1. What is a pregnancy belly cast?</h2><p>A pregnancy belly cast is a 3D replica of your pregnant belly, created by applying strips of plaster or other material to your belly and allowing it to harden. This creates a lasting memento of your pregnancy that you can decorate and display.</p><h2>2. How do I make a pregnancy belly cast?</h2><p>Our Easy Do-it-Yourself Pregnancy Belly Cast Kit includes all the materials and instructions you need to make a belly cast at home. Simply mix the plaster, apply it to your belly, and allow it to dry. Then, remove the cast and decorate it as desired.</p><h2>3. How long does it take to make a pregnancy belly cast?</h2><p>The process of making a belly cast typically takes about 30 minutes, not including the drying time. The cast will need to dry for at least 24 hours before it can be removed and decorated.</p><h2>4. Can I do a pregnancy belly cast by myself, or do I need help?</h2><p>While it is possible to make a belly cast by yourself, it may be easier and more comfortable to have someone help you. This will also ensure that the cast is applied evenly and smoothly.</p><h2>5. What materials can I use to decorate my pregnancy belly cast?</h2><p>You can use a variety of materials to decorate your belly cast, such as paint, glitter, fabric, or even photos. The possibilities are endless, so get creative and make your belly cast truly unique to your pregnancy journey.</p>

Related to Belly Cast to Preserve Pregnancy Memories?

1. What is a pregnancy belly cast?

A pregnancy belly cast is a 3D replica of your pregnant belly, created by applying strips of plaster or other material to your belly and allowing it to harden. This creates a lasting memento of your pregnancy that you can decorate and display.

2. How do I make a pregnancy belly cast?

Our Easy Do-it-Yourself Pregnancy Belly Cast Kit includes all the materials and instructions you need to make a belly cast at home. Simply mix the plaster, apply it to your belly, and allow it to dry. Then, remove the cast and decorate it as desired.

3. How long does it take to make a pregnancy belly cast?

The process of making a belly cast typically takes about 30 minutes, not including the drying time. The cast will need to dry for at least 24 hours before it can be removed and decorated.

4. Can I do a pregnancy belly cast by myself, or do I need help?

While it is possible to make a belly cast by yourself, it may be easier and more comfortable to have someone help you. This will also ensure that the cast is applied evenly and smoothly.

5. What materials can I use to decorate my pregnancy belly cast?

You can use a variety of materials to decorate your belly cast, such as paint, glitter, fabric, or even photos. The possibilities are endless, so get creative and make your belly cast truly unique to your pregnancy journey.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebbieSAChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
heather223
Replies
Views
katie0128
  • emiscookin
  • General Chat
Replies