• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Because I Lack at a Stay-At-Home Mom...

In summary, Paula struggles with planning dinners because she lacks discipline in other areas of her life. She has found some help from websites and a cookbook, but is still struggling with it. She recommends trying a new recipe once a week and making a grocery list that is based off of the menu.
raebates said:
You've been following me, have you?

I have days like that too! The e-mail really hit home! No wonder I get nothing done when the kids are around!

On the milk issue, we have a second refridgerator, mainly for the milk. It also gives extra freezer and other fridge space, but mainly, it's for the milk. Our family of 5 milk drinkers (baby Asa is still at the boob) goes through 8-10 gallons a week, and I can't go to the store for just milk...which gets expensive!

I don't think anyone has mentioned this site yet. http://www.savingdinner.com/

They have a sample menu that you can download. My husband I aren't using this right now, but we enjoyed it when we did. You get a Menu + Shopping List for a week.

The recipes are fairly simple and we got to try some new foods.

If you're on a budget, they have a menu program to stretch your dollar. They also provide different programs for different food issues (vegetarian, carbo counters, etc.)

These days we just spend a few minutes before we go grocery shopping and write down a list of main dishes we want to have in the following week (taking into consideration if I'll be working or we won't be home). As the week progresses, I decide in the morning (in case something is going into the crockpot or needs to thaw) which thing of the list we'll be having and plan accordingly.

I find that having the "what are we going to have?" question answered makes it 100% times easier to make dinner.

<h2>1. How can I improve my meal planning as a stay-at-home mom?</h2><p>As a Pampered Chef consultant, I understand the pressure to cook dinner regularly. One tip is to set aside a specific time each week to plan your meals and create a shopping list. This will save you time and reduce stress during the week. You can also try using meal planning websites or apps, such as dinewithoutwhine.com, to help with ideas and organization.</p><h2>2. How can I stick to my meal plan each week?</h2><p>Sticking to a meal plan can be challenging, but it's important to stay disciplined. One way to do this is by involving your family in the meal planning process. Ask for their input and let them help with meal prep. This will not only make it more enjoyable, but it will also hold you accountable to your plan.</p><h2>3. Can you recommend any helpful resources for meal planning?</h2><p>Dinewithoutwhine.com is a great resource for family-friendly meal planning and shopping lists. You can also check out cookbooks or blogs for inspiration and new recipe ideas. Additionally, consider joining a meal planning group or forum for support and ideas from other moms.</p><h2>4. As a Pampered Chef consultant, do you have any tips for making meal planning easier?</h2><p>One tip is to utilize kitchen tools and appliances to make meal prep faster and more efficient. For example, using a food chopper or slow cooker can save time and make cooking more enjoyable. Also, consider prepping some meals in advance, such as chopping vegetables or marinating meat, to make weeknight cooking easier.</p><h2>5. Is it normal to struggle with meal planning as a stay-at-home mom?</h2><p>Absolutely! Being a stay-at-home mom can be overwhelming and it's common to struggle with meal planning. Remember to be kind to yourself and don't compare yourself to others. Every family is different and what works for one may not work for another. Find a system that works for you and your family and stick with it.</p>

Related to Because I Lack at a Stay-At-Home Mom...

1. How can I improve my meal planning as a stay-at-home mom?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I understand the pressure to cook dinner regularly. One tip is to set aside a specific time each week to plan your meals and create a shopping list. This will save you time and reduce stress during the week. You can also try using meal planning websites or apps, such as dinewithoutwhine.com, to help with ideas and organization.

2. How can I stick to my meal plan each week?

Sticking to a meal plan can be challenging, but it's important to stay disciplined. One way to do this is by involving your family in the meal planning process. Ask for their input and let them help with meal prep. This will not only make it more enjoyable, but it will also hold you accountable to your plan.

3. Can you recommend any helpful resources for meal planning?

Dinewithoutwhine.com is a great resource for family-friendly meal planning and shopping lists. You can also check out cookbooks or blogs for inspiration and new recipe ideas. Additionally, consider joining a meal planning group or forum for support and ideas from other moms.

4. As a Pampered Chef consultant, do you have any tips for making meal planning easier?

One tip is to utilize kitchen tools and appliances to make meal prep faster and more efficient. For example, using a food chopper or slow cooker can save time and make cooking more enjoyable. Also, consider prepping some meals in advance, such as chopping vegetables or marinating meat, to make weeknight cooking easier.

5. Is it normal to struggle with meal planning as a stay-at-home mom?

Absolutely! Being a stay-at-home mom can be overwhelming and it's common to struggle with meal planning. Remember to be kind to yourself and don't compare yourself to others. Every family is different and what works for one may not work for another. Find a system that works for you and your family and stick with it.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
heather223
  • ShelbyMichalek
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
quiverfull7