• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How do I make a Banana Split Brownie Pizza?

In summary, the Banana Split Brownie Pizza requires a 15 oz. box of brownie mix, 8 oz. cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, a small can of crushed pineapple, 1 jar of fudge ice cream topping, and 1/2 cup whole pecans. The recipe calls for the brownie mix to be spread on a parchment paper-lined large round stone, baked at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes, and then tested with a cake tester. Afterwards, the cream cheese mixture is spread over the brownie,
kam
Staff member
I have a question regarding the Banana Split Brownie Pizza.

My host is requesting this recipe (a consultant made it for her at her last PC show MANY years ago).

I have found the recipe on Joyce's and also in the old Classics cookbook. But the recipes vary a little. (I think Joyce's version is what is in the files here on CS.)

The Classics cookbook calls for the crushed pineapple to be mixed in with the cream cheese/sugar before spreading on brownie. But Joyce's doesn't actually address the Pineapple. It just states to arrange the fruit and nuts on top of the cream cheese.

1. Have you made this and do you mix the pineapple into the cream cheese or sprinkle on top??

2. This will also be my VERY first dessert pizza.(!!) Does anyone have any tips for making the Brownie crust? I am so afraid it will run off the stone. Does one brand/type of brownie mix work better?

3. Oh, and the recipe calls for Chocolate Syrup to driizle on top. Will melted choc chips work just as well (I can show the micro cooker or prep bwol for melting)??

Any help is apprecited!! Thanks!

The recipe my director gave me has the crushed pineapple mixed in the cream cheese with the rest of the fruit on top. I always use syrup, it seems easier to me. Do you have the large bar pan? I have always made brownies in it, you have to find the box that's for a 13x9 pan. They will be thin but they come out really good, not hard and crunchy. With the round stone, you do have to put parchement paper down and it's supposed to make it not go off the edge but I never wanted to try it that way!

Very, very good recipe by the way! And easy.

This was the very first demo I ever did years ago!
Parchment paper keeps it from running off, I mis the pineapple into the cream cheese, and I always used the Hershey syrup.

This is one of my FAVES; it was made at my first show that I hosted.
If you're doing it on the round stone, like Carolyn said, make sure to use the parchment...makes a nice presentation. Does work in the lg bar though.
And yes, mix pineapple w/cream cheese. It is yum-o:)

This must be before my time, but sounds REALLY good, tried looking for the recipe but I can't find it. Can someone post? (cut and paste?)

This was one of my favorite recipes to offer. It's too bad I keep my selection down! It says the round stone but like I said earlier, I find a bigger box of brownies (usually says for 13x9 pan) and make it in the bar pan.

Banana Split Brownie Pizza
1 15 oz. box fudge brownie mix
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 small can crushed pineapple, drained
1 jar fudge ice cream topping
1/2 cup whole pecans
10-12 fresh strawberries
2 bananas
Mix brownie according to box instructions in Classic Batter Bowl. Spread on parchment paper on Large Round Stone. Bake at 350 F for 15-18 minutes. Test with Cake Tester for doneness. Cool completely. Mix cream cheese with sugar and drained pineapple using Classic Scraper. Spread over brownie with Large Spreader. Using Pizza Cutter, slice brownie into serving sized pieces. Slice fruit with Egg Slicer Plus and place on brownie. Microwave fudge topping for 1 minute and then drizzle over brownie using V-Shaped Cutter. Using Food Chopper, chop pecans and then sprinkle over brownie. Serve with Mini Serving Spatula

Thank you! I will try it in the Bar Pan! :)

I have done a gazillion brownie pizzas. I have only had one run off the stone and it was because the hosts oven was not level. Definetly use the large round and PArchment. I leave at least 2" of stone showing arround the edge and tend to spread it a little thicker in the middle.

HTH!

I've always spread the cream cheese & sugar mixture over the brownie and then just layered the fruit starting with the bananas, then strawberries, & lastly the drained pineapple.

WOW! Thanks everyone for the great tips!

I really want to make it on the round stone with handles (Jan show and I want to show off that stone) and I just discovered I bought the 19.5 oz box for the brownies. UGH! It seems as if all the boxes I looked at last night were that size - so I think that's why I thought that was the "normal" size. Shoot. I guess I could use the box I have and just use 3/4 of the batter.

I will mix the pineapple into te cream cheese!

Also, since it is a "Banana Split" Brownie Pizza- I am thinking I could add a little Cool Whip piped out of the EAD. How does this sound - or will it overwhelm it?

Thanks!

That is funny Kathleen, I have a host for next Friday that is requesting this recipe too. She had it years ago with another consultant too. Thanks for asking so I was able to get some tips too.

I made it one time for a show. I baked it in the Family SKillet to show cookware. I left it in there in too long and it sweated and stuck but it came out great at home when I turned it out immediately.

I spread the cream chesse and then the pineapples on top of it. I did pipe cool whip withthe EAD. It was very pretty and tasted great.

DH was having a poker party today and I had to "twist his arm" to let me make this for them (yeah right...).

It is GREAT! Delish!

I purchased too big of a box of brownie mix (19.5 oz instead of 15 oz) so I mixed up the brownie batter and only used 3/4 of it.

I used marachino (sp?) cherries instead of the strawberries (didn't want to pay $ for bad looking strawberries) and it tasted great. Just like a banana split.

Thanks for the help! Now I can't wait to make it for this Saturday's show!

Last edited:
climbercanoe3 said:
That is funny Kathleen, I have a host for next Friday that is requesting this recipe too. She had it years ago with another consultant too. Thanks for asking so I was able to get some tips too.

Yes, too strange! Apparently this is a really old recipe!

wadesgirl said:
Mix brownie according to box instructions in Classic Batter Bowl. Spread on parchment paper on Large Round Stone. Bake at 350 F for 15-18 minutes. Test with Cake Tester for doneness. Cool completely. Mix cream cheese with sugar and drained pineapple using Classic Scraper. Spread over brownie with Large Spreader. Using Pizza Cutter, slice brownie into serving sized pieces. Slice fruit with Egg Slicer Plus and place on brownie. Microwave fudge topping for 1 minute and then drizzle over brownie using V-Shaped Cutter. Using Food Chopper, chop pecans and then sprinkle over brownie. Serve with Mini Serving Spatula
How do you drizzle with V-shaped cutter? You microwave the fudge topping so I assume it's sticky.. Haven't seen that techique yet...

I did this recipe at a show about a year ago and it was fabulous!!! It went over really well.

This is actually a recipe that I offer quite often to my hosts - but I've changed it up a bit. (I never can seem to leave well enough alone!!) Anyway, here's my recipe:
Box of brownie mix (13x9 size) - and I cook it on the round stone w/ parchment
8 oz. cream cheese
8 oz. crushed pineapple
small box of white chocolate pudding (can be sugar free)
3/4 c. milk
2 tbsp. sugar
bananas
strawberries
whipped cream
nuts
chocolate syrup
I do mix up the sugar with the cream cheese first, then the pudding mix and milk. I add the drained, crushed pineapple last and then put it in the fridge to set up. This is usually a "second" recipe that I'm doing for the host, not the main one, so it's great to just bring out the mixture at the end. Anyway, spread it on top of the brownie - and BE SURE to NOT lift your scraper!@! If you do, it'll pull up the brownie and get it in with the mixture. It still tastes fine, just doesn't look as pretty. But when I do mess up on this part, I simply tell them that I'm not perfect and I'm still getting paid to do this!! Then I do the bananas and strawberries with the ESP, then slather on the whip cream (small container) and then almonds or pecans and then the syrup! It's rather heavenly!!!!! :D

Addie4TLC said:
How do you drizzle with V-shaped cutter? You microwave the fudge topping so I assume it's sticky.. Haven't seen that techique yet...
You just dip the v-shaped cutter into the jar as if it were a spoon. The fudge will run off the point in a narrower stream than from a spoon.

Thanks ann..... After all this time I have never figured that one out!!! You rock!

I never used the v-shaped cutter. Actually I don't even know where mine is at, after I cut my finger once while trying to get something out of my tool turn about tote, I put it away and don't remember where it was at! I usually just use the bamboo spoon in the same fashion

chefann said:
You just dip the v-shaped cutter into the jar as if it were a spoon. The fudge will run off the point in a narrower stream than from a spoon.
Okay! I can picture that, thanks Ann!

1. What is the recipe for Banana Split Brownie Pizza?

The recipe for Banana Split Brownie Pizza can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in our recipe book. It includes a brownie crust, cream cheese filling, and toppings such as bananas, strawberries, and chocolate sauce.

2. Can I use a different type of crust for this dessert?

Yes, you can use a pre-made cookie crust or a graham cracker crust instead of making the brownie crust from scratch. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

3. Can I make this dessert ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the brownie crust and cream cheese filling ahead of time and store them separately in the fridge. Assemble the pizza and add the toppings right before serving for the best results.

4. Can I use different toppings for this dessert?

Absolutely! While the traditional banana split toppings are recommended, you can get creative and use any toppings you like such as chopped nuts, caramel sauce, or even sprinkles.

5. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 8-10 servings, depending on how big you cut the slices. It's perfect for a small gathering or potluck dessert.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • Bren706
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Carissidy
  • cochef