• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Banana Creme Brownie Substitutes

:gasp:...the time he graduates from school. Absolutely...some of us more than others. Im sitting here making labels for my son's school folders and notebooks (we were instructed to and what to label them). I'm adding clip art to them. He's going to have a fit when he sees this! Sighhh...if I had a girl, she'd be loving it. LOL..:blushing: Social Studies as a little globe, math has a cartoon of a kid at the chalkboard doing a math prob, Science has a solar system cartoonish thingy...etc...:ooh my god that's so cute. i can't believe my son
Denarella
To me, there is NO dessert in this world than those containing chocolate and bananas. To my dismay, my boyfriend would rather eat brussel sprouts. Has anyone ever tried this dessert with strawberries and keeping everything else the same? Can you tell me if you think this is a good/bad idea? I think I may try it....D

Crap....and secondly I cannot find my square baker. What other stonewear can I use instead? I have the oval, round one (Im new, bear with me, is that the deep dish?)

If I were you I would try it. I have never tried it but I bet it is yummy...once you try it please let the rest of us know how it is.

Square 11 cups
DDish 8 cups
Oval 7 cups

What do I DO??

I apologize for being a nudge...me and bo are having a chocolate urge and I wanted to start making something since its almost 8 pm. Should I just use the deep dish baker (thats the round one?:blushing: ) or something else?

I also am not fond of chocolate and bananas, but can't wait to hear ant feed back you might give :) or maybe I will just try them myself bc they sound yummy ;)

Brownies are in the oven....strawberries are sliced....Cant wait!

sounds good to me :)
send some my way lol

Just put it in the frige....brownies in ddb, layer of strawberries, V. pudding mixed with cool whip over strawberries, strawberry circle on top and then I melted choc chips in the micro cooker and put in plastic baggie and drizzled over all of it....(im)patiently waiting for it to chill.....:cry:

It HAS to be...chocolate mixed with ANYTHING is delicious! :angel: :balloon: :angel:

pamperedlinda said:
Sounds delicious!

Looks NOTHING like YOUR works of art though....Beautiful job, Linda....your hired for my son's bday in February!:)

My son's b'day is in Feb too! The 19th. Sorry though, NJ is a bit far to deliver a cake. And, they are so not works of art....they are total rip-offs of someone elses creations!

February 9th!

Rip off or not, you have the creativity and the patience....absolutely stunning....

Well....how did your dessert turn out?

BTW... strawberries + chocolate = YUM-O!

KellyTheChef said:
Well....how did your dessert turn out?

BTW... strawberries + chocolate = YUM-O!

LOL...havent tasted it yet! It was still to warm last night at 9:30 p.m. so tonight's the night!:D

Denarella said:
LOL...havent tasted it yet! It was still to warm last night at 9:30 p.m. so tonight's the night!:D
Huh?

You have something like that sitting in your frig right now and you haven't eaten any of it!?!?!? :eek:

You are way stronger than I am!! LOL

KellyTheChef said:
Huh?

You have something like that sitting in your frig right now and you haven't eaten any of it!?!?!? :eek:

You are way stronger than I am!! LOL

Its only because of fear. I am a PC consultant who sucks at cooking...you're forgetting...:yuck: ;) :blushing:

hey, i'm not too far away... come bring me some. i'll make you some raspberry streusel squares. (one of my favs)

ginamkiely said:
hey, i'm not too far away... come bring me some. i'll make you some raspberry streusel squares. (one of my favs)

Forgot about those! And I was at the grocery store TWICE in the last twenty four hours! :mad:

it's ok, there's always tomorrow.

ginamkiely said:

Im on vacation this week b/c my son starts school this week (all half days). Im guaranteed to be at the store at least every other day....

ginamkiely said:

Whats worse is that I have EVERYTHING except the jam....sighhhhh:eek: :(

Denarella said:
Whats worse is that I have EVERYTHING except the jam....sighhhhh:eek: :(

damn, that's the BEST part. want me to send you some with your cd? lol

ginamkiely said:
damn, that's the BEST part. want me to send you some with your cd? lol

Dork...:p You definitely have issues

Denarella said:
Dork...:p You definitely have issues

you have NO idea. lol don't we all though??

ginamkiely said:
you have NO idea. lol don't we all though??

Absolutely...some of us more than others. Im sitting here making labels for my son's school folders and notebooks (we were instructed to and what to label them). I'm adding clip art to them. He's going to have a fit when he sees this! Sighhh...if I had a girl, she'd be loving it. LOL..:blushing: Social Studies as a little globe, math has a cartoon of a kid at the chalkboard doing a math prob, Science has a solar system cartoonish thingy...etc...:eek:

oh my god that's so cute. i can't believe my son starts pre-k in 2 weeks from today... i'm going to have to be seriously medicated to watch him leave me the first day. lol.

p.s. your son is going to kill you by the way. lol. it's it funny how girls love all that stuff and boys think we're nerds. lol

ginamkiely said:
oh my god that's so cute. i can't believe my son starts pre-k in 2 weeks from today... i'm going to have to be seriously medicated to watch him leave me the first day. lol.

p.s. your son is going to kill you by the way. lol. it's it funny how girls love all that stuff and boys think we're nerds. lol

He HATES to stand out. You know what? Im not even going to show him. When he goes to school on Wednesday and takes them out of his bookbag to throw in his desk it will be a surprise. He can mumble about me under his breath then!:D

I grew up with one sister who was 14 months younger so that's all I know. He has NO idea how I hold back on a daily basis! LOL! He'll have to suck it up and deal!;)

Denarella said:
He HATES to stand out. You know what? Im not even going to show him. When he goes to school on Wednesday and takes them out of his bookbag to throw in his desk it will be a surprise. He can mumble about me under his breath then!:D

I grew up with one sister who was 14 months younger so that's all I know. He has NO idea how I hold back on a daily basis! LOL! He'll have to suck it up and deal!;)

he should be grateful that you're not sending him to school with a Braatz backpack. lol. folders are nothing. lol

ginamkiely said:

G...if I dont have the EAD yet (its REALLY ticking me off), do you think I could use the cookie press?

Denarella said:
G...if I dont have the EAD yet (its REALLY ticking me off), do you think I could use the cookie press?
i don't know how that would work but i guess you could try it. i don't remember what all the discs look like but maybe if there is one that's just a line you could try it. someone else might have a better answer for you, give it a few minutes. lol

1. Can I substitute the bananas in the Banana Creme Brownie recipe with another fruit?

Yes, you can definitely experiment with different fruits in this recipe. Strawberries would make a delicious substitute for bananas, as they also pair well with chocolate.

2. Will using strawberries change the overall taste of the dessert?

Yes, using strawberries instead of bananas will definitely change the taste of the dessert. Strawberries have a slightly different flavor profile than bananas, so the end result may be slightly different. However, it will still be a delicious and unique twist on the original recipe.

3. Has anyone tried making this dessert with strawberries before?

I am sure there are many people who have tried making this dessert with strawberries. In fact, there are many variations of this recipe online that include different fruits such as strawberries, raspberries, and even peaches. It's always fun to experiment and see what works best for your taste preferences.

4. Do you think using strawberries instead of bananas is a good idea?

Yes, I think using strawberries in this recipe is a great idea! It adds a fresh and fruity twist to the classic combination of chocolate and bananas. Plus, it's a great option for those who may not be big fans of bananas.

5. I am thinking of trying this dessert with strawberries, do you have any tips for making it turn out well?

Absolutely! One tip would be to make sure the strawberries are ripe and sweet, as this will enhance the overall flavor of the dessert. You could also try adding a bit of lemon juice or zest to the strawberry mixture to give it a tangy kick. And as always, make sure to follow the recipe instructions carefully for the best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • akrebecca
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
akrebecca
Replies