• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Make a Banana Choc Chip Micro Cake Using Super Ripe Bananas?

In summary, the conversation revolves around using ripe bananas in a 321 cake recipe and adding chocolate chips to it. There are also discussions about freezing bananas and using them in banana bread recipes. One person shares their grandmother's recipe for banana bread and others express interest in trying it. The final comment is about waiting for the recipe to be shared.
SusanBP0129
I have bananas that are super ripe and was wondering if I could do the 321 cake and add mashed bananas & chocolate chips to it..... ???
Anyone have a recipe like this??

OMG if you make this I am coming over to EAT it!!!!

Please, please let us all know if this works for you. It sounds so yummy!:eek:

SusanBP0129 said:
I have bananas that are super ripe and was wondering if I could do the 321 cake and add mashed bananas & chocolate chips to it..... ???
Anyone have a recipe like this??

I can't see why not!! Let us know how it turns out!

PS: My grandma makes the best banana bread from wayyy overripe bananas! (and then frozen until she has enough/needs them)

jenniferknapp said:
I can't see why not!! Let us know how it turns out!

PS: My grandma makes the best banana bread from wayyy overripe bananas! (and then frozen until she has enough/needs them)

Would you share her recipe? My 5yo is a nut for banana bread.

You might want to cook it for an additional minute - check it for doneness at the usual time and if it still seems too wet cook for 1-2 more minutes. I've found when I add bananas to foods I cook in the oven it frequently needs an additional 10 minutes.

Okay....I mixed yellow cake mix, 2 mashed bananas, 3 eggs and 2 cups of sour cream. Then I added some chocolate chips. I just flipped it out....looks okay.....
I will tell you how it is after I try it.... Here goes! :D

We are waiting with baited breath.

SusanBP0129 said:
Okay....I mixed yellow cake mix, 2 mashed bananas, 3 eggs and 2 cups of sour cream. Then I added some chocolate chips. I just flipped it out....looks okay.....
I will tell you how it is after I try it.... Here goes! :D

OK Sue, how is it?

JK's grandmothers' recipe
dannyzmom said:
Would you share her recipe? My 5yo is a nut for banana bread.

JK: I'd love to see her recipe too! I love a good banana bread. Thanks.

Yum! Can't wait to hear how it is. It sounds like it could be a lot like "Peanutty Chocolate Banana Bread" from More Stoneware Sensations...I just made that last week and it's yummy! On this one, you sprinkle chocolate chips and chopped peanuts on it. You probably can't do that as well with the fluted pan because they'd all fall off. I bet it tastes the same though.:D

Okay....I tried it....it's not frosted yet, but it's pretty good for a micro cake!!!
I would call it successful! :D

I will get a copy of my gram's banana bread as soon as possible ;)

Great!!Can't wait!
When you freeze bananas, do you peel them first???

jenniferknapp said:

SusanBP0129 said:
Can't wait!
When you freeze bananas, do you peel them first???

No. Freeze them in the peel. To use them, thaw them out and cut an end off. Squeeze the (very mushy) banana into your measuring cup or bowl. Do this slowly and carefully or the peel will split on the side and ooze banana all over your hand...:eek:

Robin

Thanks!Thank you Robin! :)

priscilla said:
No. Freeze them in the peel. To use them, thaw them out and cut an end off. Squeeze the (very mushy) banana into your measuring cup or bowl. Do this slowly and carefully or the peel will split on the side and ooze banana all over your hand...:eek:

Robin

jenniferknapp said:

Thanks. I'll be waiting patiently, can't speak for the others here!;)

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Banana Choc Chip Micro Cake?

The ingredients you will need are 1 ripe banana, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, 4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder, a pinch of salt, and 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips.

2. Can I use a different type of flour for this recipe?

Yes, you can use any type of flour you prefer such as whole wheat flour or gluten-free flour. However, the texture and taste may be slightly different.

3. How long does it take to cook the Banana Choc Chip Micro Cake in the microwave?

The cooking time will vary depending on the wattage of your microwave, but it typically takes about 2-3 minutes. It's best to keep an eye on the cake and check for doneness with a toothpick inserted in the center.

4. Can I substitute the chocolate chips with another type of chocolate?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer such as chopped chocolate bars or chocolate chunks. You can also omit the chocolate chips altogether if you prefer.

5. Can I make this recipe in a regular oven instead of a microwave?

Yes, you can bake the Banana Choc Chip Micro Cake in a regular oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Mitzyz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Chef Kearns
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
DebbieSAChef
  • pampermejolene