• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bakers: Freezing CuPampered Chefakes?

In summary, a mother is planning her daughter's first birthday party with a cupcake theme. She wants to have plenty of real cupcakes for the guests to enjoy and also plans to give each family a box of 4-6 cupcakes to take home. She is wondering if she can bake the cupcakes now and freeze them until the week of the party. She also has a Wilton cupcake cake pan and is undecided whether to use it for her daughter's cake or to serve it to guests. She is considering using a jumbo muffin tin for her daughter's own cake and is looking for tips on how to decorate it. Other parents suggest freezing cupcakes and cakes is fine as long as they are properly wrapped and thawed in the fridge
PCMelissa
Gold Member
So my daughter's First Birthday is June 28th. I am doing a Cup Cake theme. Her invite will say "Our Lil' Cupcake is turning 1"

I want to have TONS of real cupcakes there...I want people to walk into her party and say "Holy Cupcakes". I also plan to get boxes that hold 4-6 cupcakes for each family to take home with them.

I am wondering, if I can start baking the cupcakes now, and freeze them until the week of the party to start decorating since I want to do so many. Has anyone froze cupcakes before and how did they taste after they were defrosted? TIA.

Also, I got the Wilton cupcake cake pan, and I am baking a cake in that. But I am undecided if that will be the cake for her to eat, or if I want to serve that for people (which will probably mean making more than one) If it is not for her (which it would be a big cake...)I was thinking of doing a cupcake in a jumbo muffin tin for her baby cake. Where could I get a jumbo muffin pan? I am not even sure if they exist.

THANKS!! :)

I love my Wilton cupcake pan it is so much fun to decorate

Teresa Lynn said:
I love my Wilton cupcake pan it is so much fun to decorate

Oh, I would also LOVE tips on how to decorate it!!!

Thanks!

Wilton has some cute cupcake ideas on their website:
http://www.cupcakefun.com/

I made a cake in one of our prep bowls last week for a 1 yr old to have his own cake. What I did then is, I put it in a cupcake liner and decorated it like a big cupcake. The prep bowl cake is a little bit bigger than a traditional cupcake and it fits perfectly in the liner. You might try that. It looked so cute because I put the icing drooping down over (KWIM?) and I just put a big "1" on the top. The little one loved it! Hope that helps!

I just froze a batch of cupcakes last week. SInce its just me and my daughter, 24 cupcakes will either get all eaten by me or thrown out!! I think they are just fine after being frozen. I usually take them from the freezer and pop them in the fridge the night before, and let them defrost that way. They still taste great.
Good Luck with the party. I had so much fun planning my DD's first birthday.

My mom freezes almost any baked item and it comes out just fine. I've frozen cupcakes no worries... even frosted they should be just fine. Heck, folks freeze their top wedding cake layer all the time and eat it on their anniversary so why not for a short amount of time? You'll just want to make sure they're in a good freezer container to minimize any crystallization and freezer burn.

Melissa, the Michael's flyer in today's paper (sale starts tomorrow) has a BUNCH of Wilton stuff on sale, including their cupcake tower, and a cake pan set that makes a GIANT cupcake. :)I agree with the freezing - you're not freezing stuff forever. Wrap them well against freezer burn and thaw them in the fridge and they should be fine.

I freeze cupcakes quite often. I take them out one at a time, frost it while frozen, and pack it in DH's lunch. Of course, I'm not decorating them - but I think that is a great idea - and an great timesaver for you at party time!

I decorate cakes all the time. Just frost the cupcakes--decorate if you want. Then place them in the freezer (you can just place them in the muffin tin) then let them freeze until the icing is set hard. After they are frozen, then take them out of the pan and wrap them or place them in freezer bags. When you are ready to use them, simply take them out of the wrapper and let them defrost. If you do it this way you won't end up with frosting stuck all over the wrapper. We always freeze leftover birthday cake this way, but we usually end up just eating partially frozen because it tastes sooo yummy that way! Linda

I'm taking a cake decorating class and our instructor just told us this week to always frost the cake/cupcake first, then freeze. The icing keeps the cake/cupcake from drying out.

I don't use the EAD or the decorator bottles I ike the plastic disposable wilton bags
I make icing from wiltons meringue powder and tint it with the wilton paste colors and just have fun
I use the edible glitters and the oversized wilton sprinkles from Michaels
I have made several for cake walks, silent auctions, auctions and bake sales one at an auction sold for $75 it truly is a unique pan

1. Can I freeze baked goods made with Pampered Chef products?

Yes, you can freeze baked goods made with Pampered Chef products. Our products are designed to withstand freezing temperatures without affecting their quality or performance.

2. How long can I freeze baked goods with Pampered Chef products?

Baked goods made with Pampered Chef products can be frozen for up to 3 months. After that, the quality may start to decline.

3. Can I freeze baked goods in a Pampered Chef stoneware pan?

Yes, you can freeze baked goods in a Pampered Chef stoneware pan. Our stoneware is freezer-safe and will not crack or break under freezing temperatures.

4. How should I thaw frozen baked goods made with Pampered Chef products?

The best way to thaw frozen baked goods is to let them sit at room temperature for a few hours. You can also thaw them in the fridge overnight for a slower thawing process.

5. Can I bake frozen baked goods directly in a Pampered Chef stoneware pan?

Yes, you can bake frozen baked goods directly in a Pampered Chef stoneware pan. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly, as frozen baked goods may take longer to bake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
candiejayne
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • krahema
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies