• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Sincerely,Your fellow Pampered Chef consultant

In summary, Missy Kistemaker, an Advanced Director, shares her tips for making a successful baked potato bar. She suggests baking the potatoes for an hour at 400 degrees in a PC stoneware, and cooking bacon in the oven for 20-30 minutes with caution to avoid overheating. She also recommends using kitchen shears to cut green onions, a smooth-edge can opener for draining olives, and a cheese grater for cheddar cheese. Broccoli can be steamed in the microwave using a micro cooker, and chili can be prepared using cookware. Missy also suggests setting up the Simple Additions pieces beforehand, including a rectangular platter for potatoes, a large square platter for toppings, and various small
DebPC
Staff member
Advanced Director, Missy Kistemaker

BAKED POTATO BAR

12 LARGE BAKING POTATOES: At first, I was standing them up in the stone muffin pan & baking them at 400 when I got there. It wasn't long enough. Now, I ask them ahead of time if they have a piece (any) of PC stoneware, and ask them to get them started 1 hour before show time at 400. If they don't, I guess you could partially cook them in the micro when you arrive. (Bar board, any knife - to cut them open)
*Note: when the potatoes are done, I turn off the oven & leave them in there to stay warm until we are at the point of them coming up & eating).

1 PACKAGE BACON, THAWED: When I arrive, I lay out the bacon on the Bar Pan, and put it in the oven with the potatoes at 400. It takes anywhere from 20-30 minutes, depending on their oven. Be careful of baking with one stone underneath another; sometimes the bacon pan gets overheated & can burn. You may want to switch places ½ way through cooking time. (Use cooling rack here, as well). At potato bar, they can use Food Chopper/Cutting Board/Handy Scraper for bacon.

1 BUNCH GREEN ONIONS, CLEANED: Kitchen Shears work well for these - begin cutting at the green end! (or any knife, if they prefer).

1 CAN BLACK PITTED OLIVES, LEFT IN THE CAN: Use smooth-edge can opener to open in front of guests, drain in colander & bowl set. Egg Slicer plus to slice them.

1 CONTAINER SOUR CREAM: Before guests arrive, fill Easy Accent Decorator. (Use medium scoop to fill, show them).

1 STICK BUTTER OR MARGARINE: Fits perfectly in small boat of Simple Additions. Use any spreader - All Purpose, Small Spreader, etc.

1 BLOCK/BRICK CHEDDAR CHEESE: Keep in fridge - don't do anything with this until you are going through the products, so it stays hard enough to grate. I will usually toss it in the freezer right before I start my actual demo. Cheese Grater, Grate Container, Ultimate Slice & Grate - show all, let them use either one.

1 BUNCH FRESH BROCCOLI, CLEANED, STEMS REMOVED: Micro cookers: whatever fits into the small micro cooker, I use - add a little water & micro for 3 minutes to steam. Dump off water. I do this beforehand, then show them the micro cooker & dump it into a SA piece. (can chop with Food Chopper or use knives).

1 CAN PREPARED CHILI: Cookware!! (you must find a way to use cookware
always!) If you are not near the stove where guests can see/access, then get a portable electric single burner - it's worth it! Then you can use cookware anytime. Nylon tools, Can Opener, scrapers, spoon rest - all these products for one can of chili!

SALT & PEPPER MILL

OK, so before the show, you are doing the following:

Set up SA pieces - I'll tell you how in a minute -
Put bacon in Bar Pan & stick in oven
Steam broccoli in Micro cooker/drain water
Put out green onions in SA boat
Put out stick of butter
Fill EAD with sour cream

When bacon is done, lay paper towels on SA Small Square and layer bacon/paper towel/bacon/paper towels to absorb grease. Remove paper towels, leaving bacon on Small Square.

Guest Arrive:

Do introductions, hand out order forms, do your "opening" thing. Explain that this is "hands-on", audience participation! Start at beginning of potato bar & go through EACH product, explaining what it is/features & benefits/audience testimonials, etc. (I just go in order of the potato bar, so I don't miss anything).

Pull potatoes out of oven, have them get started! I'll quickly put a catalog & drawing slip at their place, then I usually stick around the table/counter, in case they want/need help using the products, have questions, etc.

When they sit back down, answer questions, explain "round-up", go through drawing slip questions, do drawing. Done.

How I set up the Simple Additions Potato Bar:
*(Note - if you don't have all of these SA pieces, don't fret - use whatever you have & come up with your own configuration!) Starting at the left: Rectangular Platter from Hospitality Set (for potatoes) Bar Board & knife for cutting open potatoes Large Square Platter from Essentials Set holds the following: (all toppings are left "whole" so they can cut & chop, etc). Left side: 2 small squares (one above the other) - cheese & bacon Right side: 2 small bowls: olives, broccoli Right side, underneath small bowls: 2 small boats from Hosp. Set (stick of butter in one, green onions laid in another). Cutting Board with chopper, Handy Scraper, Knife Shears next to green onions Egg Slicer next to olives Ultimate Slice & Grate, Deluxe Cheese Grater next to cheese To right of Large Platter display: EAD, Salt & Pepper Mill

, Napkin Caddy, Simple Additions Small Square with bacon.

Wow, Missy Kistemaker sounds like an advanced director who really knows her stuff when it comes to hosting a successful potato bar party! I love how she incorporates different Pampered Chef products into the setup and preparation of the potato bar. It's great that she offers tips for using cookware even if a stove isn't easily accessible, and I appreciate her reminder to use whatever Simple Additions pieces you have available to create your own configuration. Overall, it sounds like Missy's guests are in for a delicious and interactive experience at her parties. Thanks for sharing your expertise, Missy!

, Cookware with can of chili.

Dear Missy Kistemaker,Thank you for sharing your amazing Baked Potato Bar setup and tips with us. I have to say, I am blown away by your attention to detail and use of Pampered Chef products throughout the entire process. It's clear that you are not only a talented consultant, but also a master at utilizing our products in creative and practical ways.I love how you have thought through every step of the setup and made it easy for both yourself and the host to prepare beforehand. And your suggestion to ask the host to start the potatoes in stoneware an hour before the show is pure genius. That way, they are perfectly cooked and ready to be loaded up with all the delicious toppings.I also appreciate your reminder to always find a way to incorporate our cookware into the demonstration. It truly showcases the versatility of our products and helps customers see how they can use them in their own kitchens.Thank you again for sharing your Baked Potato Bar setup. I will definitely be using your tips and ideas in my own demonstrations. Keep up the great work, Advanced Director!

What is a Baked Potato Bar?

A Baked Potato Bar is a fun and interactive way to serve baked potatoes. It involves setting up a variety of toppings and fillings, allowing guests to customize their own baked potato to their liking.

What toppings and fillings can be included in a Baked Potato Bar?

The possibilities are endless! Some popular options include shredded cheese, bacon bits, sour cream, chives, chili, broccoli, and ranch dressing. You can also get creative with different types of cheese, meats, and veggies.

How do I prepare the potatoes for a Baked Potato Bar?

Start by washing and drying the potatoes. Then, use a fork to poke holes all around the potatoes to allow steam to escape while they bake. Rub the potatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt. Place them on a baking sheet and bake at 375 degrees for about an hour, or until they are soft and cooked through.

Can a Baked Potato Bar be made ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the toppings and fillings ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve. However, it is best to bake the potatoes fresh right before serving so they are hot and crispy.

What are some tips for setting up a Baked Potato Bar?

Make sure to have a variety of toppings and fillings to accommodate different tastes and dietary restrictions. Use small bowls or containers to hold the toppings and label them for easy identification. You can also offer different types of potatoes, such as sweet potatoes or russet potatoes, for added variety. And don't forget to have plenty of napkins and utensils available!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies