• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You a Fan of So You Think You Can Dance?

In summary, the show is addicting, couples who enjoy it as much as the author do include husband and wife, Shane Sparks was in town for the auditions, Canadian "So you think you can dance?" is not as good as the U.S. version, favorite couple this season is Twitch and Kherrington, and the author could live without Mary.
elizabethfox
Gold Member
I am addicted to this show. Are there any fellow cheffers who enjoy it as much as I do??

My husband and I are watching it this season. We find it quite entertaining!

Love it, love it, love it!!! My DH and I use it as our twice a week "date" in the summer :). We don't watch Idol, not much into the singing I guess, but love to watch the dancers! Now we can't dance our way out of a paper bag, but oh well....Do you have a favorite this season? My DH likes Twitch alot but neither of us have declared a "favorite" so far.

My favorite couples are Kherrington and Twitch & Katee and Joshua. They seem to be the two couples who nail their routines every single week.

And I am not a Idol fan either.

During the summer the hubby and I don't watch a lot of TV because we are usually out working or enjoying the nice weather, but I WILL NOT miss "So you think you can dance?" when it is on!! :)

I love it too. We are having "So you think you can dance Canada" beginning this summer. I hope it's better than "Canadian Idol".Shane Sparks was in town for the auditions, which was neat. He sees so nice on the show. But w/o Mary & Nigel, I don't think the Cdn version will be as good.

I love the show. Last night was great I DVRed it. To show my husband he likes watching the non ballroom dancing ones

I love watching it when I can get to the TV. I did see it last night. The dancers this year are totally awesome. How in the world can they pick just one!!!??? They are all talented beyond belief. And to think I can just do the chicken dance:p

I can't wait to see who is voted off tonight.

Me! Me! Me!

I LOVE this show!

Last season was the first time I had watched it, and I am totally hooked!

I didn't see last night's yet (DVR'd it....) but I can't wait!

My DH had a hard time getting to watch it in the beginning of the first season. Now, I am the one who reminds him that it is on. We have a season pass on Tivo, so we don't miss it.

Twitch and Kherington are my fav's.:love:

peichef said:
But w/o Mary & Nigel, I don't think the Cdn version will be as good.

I could probably live without so much Mary :p

pkd09 said:
I love watching it when I can get to the TV. I did see it last night. The dancers this year are totally awesome. How in the world can they pick just one!!!??? They are all talented beyond belief. And to think I can just do the chicken dance:p

I agree about the talent! They are all so good!

elizabethfox said:
I can't wait to see who is voted off tonight.

Me either! I'm thinking maybe Chris or Thayne for the guys and then I'm having a harder time for the girls, but maybe Jessica or Kourtni for the girls... It has to be tough for the judges though.

I think Chris & Comfort, Chelsea & Thayne, and Jessica & Will will be in the bottom 3 tonight.

And yeah....Mary needs to tone it down a bit....she is a little too loud.

Last edited:
LOVE THIS SHOW.....my faves are Kherrington and Twitch! I am so hooked on this show.

elizabethfox said:
I think Chris & Comfort, Kourtni & Thayne, and Jessica & Will will be in the bottom 3 tonight.

These are the couples I picked too.

I just don't think they are as good as the others...with being able to pull off any style of dance on short notice. They are really good in their own styles of dance, but not good enough to win I don't think.

I was SO bummed out when they let Marquis go last week. He was our hometown guy! He had so much talent and potential and Nigel and the gang said he did too many "tricks" during his solo. So many dancers on that show do "tricks" which brings excitement and gets people wanting to watch the show more and more.

Sorry...I'll get off my soapbox now!

LOL...Marquis wasn't one of my favorites, but I didn't think he should have been the one booted last week.

I can't say that Chris and Chelsea leaving last night was a big surprise. She's just so darn cute tho.....I really thought it would be Comfort or Jessica to go first tho.

I've never considered myself to be a fan of dancing, but I'm amazed at how talented these dancers are... and how moving some of these routines are.

I loved the one the other night that Chelsie and Mark did as the hubby/boyfriend and wife/girlfriend......wow.

We've never watched it but in Dec. we traveled to Austin for the weekend and my daughters dance team took a 2 day workshop with the choreographers for the Pulse convention. the girls enjoyed the classes & working with them in small groups Our team was selected to be the opening act that night for the evening performance (there were thousands of girls from all over the US so we were very proud & the girls were very nervous) but, they were so rude. IF this had been a contest we might have taken it a little easier but we were the entertainment

I've never watched Idol either and know that is the "purpose" is to critique but come on... our girls never missed a beat and they were even told by other dancers during the weekend how great it was. the judges (choreographers who I guess are also the judges on the show) comments really broke our girl's spirit it took them a LONG time to get back in the groove when we got to competitions because those comments were still in their minds.

itsjustCarla said:
I can't say that Chris and Chelsea leaving last night was a big surprise. She's just so darn cute tho.....I really thought it would be Comfort or Jessica to go first tho.
I was shocked that Chelsea was voted off. I thought Comfort or Jessica should have been one of the girls leaving last night.

NONE of Jessica's dances have been good. She was always being told how she needs to step it up, and then they let her though and boot Chelsea??

And the way they did it was mean I thought. Usually they talk to each girl and tell them what they need to work on and tell them what they do well and most of the time compliment them. Last night they had Chelsea step forward and Nigel was like.."Chelsea you are going home." That was it! I was shocked.:eek:

And the way they did it was mean I thought. Usually they talk to each girl and tell them what they need to work on and tell them what they do well and most of the time compliment them. Last night they had Chelsea step forward and Nigel was like.."Chelsea you are going home." That was it! I was shocked.:eek:

I was surpised how they let Chelsea go, also. However, I think they were running out of time, so they made it quick.

Right but it wasn't like that with the guys....they kind of talked with the guys and told one they were safe before going on to tell the other two which one was leaving and which one was safe....

I don't know...I just felt they were very short with her...and it made it worse to see how shocked she was too...I am sure when she stepped forward she had no clue they were going to immediately tell her she was leaving, without so much as a compliment or piece of encouragement.

Soooooooooo........anyone still keeping up with this one?? I absolutely love this show!!!

I love it too. I missed the results show last night. (I had a show)

Our family loves this show, too. One of the few times we sit in front of the t.v. during the week. (House is the other favorite.) I wasn't surprised at who they had to boot last night. I agreed with Nigel. Two girls should have gone last night, since Thayne was really very good. But ya' gotta have the couple deal going.

My favorite is Katee!

My faves are Katee & Joshua and Twitch & Kerrington.

love, love, love the show. don't have a fave yet, though. I have about 6 :)

I wish they had let two girls go instead of Thayne. I like him. My DH thinks Will is going to win. My fav's are Kherington and Twitch. It is going to be interesting next week when they not only choose their dance style, but their partner.

DH and I might go to the tour, because it is kicking off here in Tacoma, WA.:thumbup:

What did you all think of the song that was performed last night? DH and I just stared at each other when we listened to the words. I had never heard the song before, because I listed to country music.

Last edited:
I was sad to see Thayne first partner go. It was shocking. Thayne and Comfort never connected like Thayne and Chelsea. It is shame that they had to let go of Thayne. It was time for Comfort to leave the show. She is a good dancer, but her skills were not on par with her competitors. When do they break up to singles dancing? I LOVE seeing all of the couples dances. I have a hard time erasing the show after I watch it. Some of the dances are just so beautiful or fun or WOW! Like the Bollywood dance! AMAZING! Or Kherrington and Twitch's watlz (they were in white).

I think the song was inappropriate. I'm glad I dvr it because I could fast forward it while watching with my kids. Some of the dance moves are a little too suggestive too, but that is true art not trashy music.

I am not fan of that song that was performed last night, either! This is a show that MANY FAMILIES tune into with their kids....just another way that society is trying (once again) to desensitize the rest of us to their vile behavior. OK...I am off my soapbox now, too!

I was glad to see Comfort go last night...and I agreed with the judges. Thayne is better than Jessica, but I guess they have to stick to the "show" and vote off boy/girl each week. Jessica really struggles with her self-confidence, and when she steps out of the way of that...she is really good! Something about Thayne bugs me, though...even though he is a terrific dancer.

I don't have a real favorite right now...I like too many of them! Maybe once they get down a few more weeks, I will see who I really like. Joshua is a cutie, and I love his personality! But...I also really like Will, Twitch, Kherrington, Katee and Chelsie. They have a strong group of dancers this year!

This show is one of my FAVORITES!

Katee/Joshua and Twitch/Kherington are my faves. I was absolutely SHOCKED when I tuned in and saw Twitch and Kherington in the bottom 3. OMG....I wanted to cry.

It was definately time for Comfort to go. I do believe Jessica is next. After that.......it is going to be EXTREMELY HARD to want to boot anyone off.

The Indian dance that Katee and Joshua did the other night was AMAZING.

I love almost every dance routine that Mia Michaels (sp?) choreographs--she is sooo talented, but they have some awesome choreographers this year. Wow.

itsjustCarla said:
Katee/Joshua and Twitch/Kherington are my faves. I was absolutely SHOCKED when I tuned in and saw Twitch and Kherington in the bottom 3. OMG....I wanted to cry.

It was definately time for Comfort to go. I do believe Jessica is next. After that.......it is going to be EXTREMELY HARD to want to boot anyone off.

The Indian dance that Katee and Joshua did the other night was AMAZING.

I love almost every dance routine that Mia Michaels (sp?) choreographs--she is sooo talented, but they have some awesome choreographers this year. Wow.

Yeah....all that! And what about the costumes?

Jessica is out and Comfort is backI just read that Jessica has had to quit the competition due to doctor's orders. So, this bring's back Comfort.

It will be interesting to see how they address this issue tomorrow night.:)

Re: Jessica is out and Comfort is back
pamperedpals said:
I just read that Jessica has had to quit the competition due to doctor's orders. So, this bring's back Comfort.

It will be interesting to see how they address this issue tomorrow night.:)

Hmmmmmm....guess we will see, huh? Did they say what was up with Jessica?

Wow....didn't see that coming. Although I have to admit I like Comfort a lot better than Jessica.

Re: Jessica is out and Comfort is back
KellyTheChef said:
Did they say what was up with Jessica?

This is all the news report said:

An injury forced King to leave the dance show, the network said. The nature of the ailment was not disclosed, but Fox said the top 10 contestant was quitting on her doctor's advice.

"Her full recovery is paramount and will only come with rest," series executive producer and judge Nigel Lythgoe said, adding that King had given her blessing to semifinalist Fedoke's return.

Wow! I liked Jessica and Will together. I thought the judges give Jess too hard a time. Will is an amazing dancer! Amazing. Comfort will not be able to keep up with him. I have never watched the show before this season so I don't know how it all works after they get to the top ten. I like Comfort, but she sounded like she was ready to go, too. I wonder how it will work for the tour?

Chef Kearns said:
Wow! I liked Jessica and Will together. I thought the judges give Jess too hard a time. Will is an amazing dancer! Amazing. Comfort will not be able to keep up with him. I have never watched the show before this season so I don't know how it all works after they get to the top ten. I like Comfort, but she sounded like she was ready to go, too. I wonder how it will work for the tour?

This week they start picking their partner's out of a hat, just like the type of dance they are to perform. Should be very iteresting.

What the heck happened????? WHY is Kherington gone?!?!?!!? I am so sad :(

I was slightly shocked that Kherington left tonight, and not Comfort... but I was NOT surprised to see both of them in the bottom two. It's getting harder each week, but really those are the two who are not keeping up as well. It also seemed to me that once her and Twitch weren't dancing together, that she did not transition well. (She is still a FABULOUS dancer...I will never forget that bed number that her and Twitch did...it gave me GOOSEBUMPS it was so good!)

On the other hand, I was VERY surprised that Gev went before Mark. Gev has been soooooooooooo much more fun to watch! But, again...I picked those two to be in the bottom two tonight as well. The other guys have just been blowing them away each week.

If Katee keeps it up, she will be the last girl standing.... (Chelsie and Courtney are behind her) and I have a hard time with picking the top guys!
I think maybe Will and Joshua will be the last guys at the end. Will is probably better...but there is just *something* about Joshua that is out of this world!

Josh is out of this world. I am voting that Katee wins, but I really like Courtney as well. She is so cute and I loved it when she was partnered with Gev.

pmpdRRT said:
Josh is out of this world. I am voting that Katee wins, but I really like Courtney as well. She is so cute and I loved it when she was partnered with Gev.

Courtney and Gev seem made for each other!

I love this show and am freaking out that it's about to end. I was really happy to hear last night that the winner will get a role in a movie to start their career. The top 6 were out of this world and I'd be happy to see any of them win. I have to admit I really did like Chelsie a lot though. But I think my fav is Josh. I love his strength. That dance he did with Katee the other night when she kept leaping into his arms and the disco number...unbelievable! This show makes me smile and cry!!!

All of the pieces have been AMAZING lately! This summer has just had some sick dances! I personally don't want Katee to win because of her attitude during Vegas and the picking of the top 20. I just can't get that out of my head, no matter how amazing her dancing has been. I totally want to go see it when they are touring here in the cities - now to just find someone who wants to go with me...

cookingwithhart said:
I have to admit I really did like Chelsie a lot though.

i was moving last night & didnt get to see it :cry::cry:
did chelsie get kicked off???? shes my favorite!!!!
she wasnt ever even in the bottom 2!

GourmetGirl said:
I personally don't want Katee to win because of her attitude during Vegas and the picking of the top 20. I just can't get that out of my head, no matter how amazing her dancing has been.

i agree. i couldnt believe they took her anyway. if i had been a judge in vegas i would have told her to go home and taken her friend instead.

I'm glad they kept Katee. She's great! She is a cutie and when she danced Bollywood style she looked incredible. I was SO surprised when Will went home. I was like WHAT?!

I think Josh will end up winning. Twitch wasn't that great this week, but I'm not surprised that it down to him and Josh. Katee and Josh should be the top 2! This is my first season watching the show and I won't miss it again. It is great!

I was first a Kherington and Twitch fan, but now she's gone...and Twitch? I like him, but he's really not impressing me all that much anymore. I'm fallin' for Joshua. Wow...is he amazing, or what?? I really like Katee, but I absolutely LOVE watching the expressions on Courtney's face when she dances. She's so cute.

I think last night it was pretty obvious that Nigel's favorite is Katee and she may be the "best" dancer, but my favorite is Joshua. He dances with such heart and enthusiasm. He made me smile when he danced. I voted until I got too tired to vote anymore. But I'd be happy with any of them as the winner. They all did a great job! I wish I could move like they do. It's such a joy to watch!
But hey, I can cook pretty good, so I have some talent!

<h2>1. What is So You Think You Can Dance?</h2><p>So You Think You Can Dance is a reality TV show where dancers from various genres compete for the title of America's Favorite Dancer. They are judged by a panel of experts and are eliminated each week based on their performances.</p><h2>2. When does the show air?</h2><p>The show typically airs during the summer months on FOX. The exact air date varies each year, so be sure to check your local listings for the most up-to-date information.</p><h2>3. How long has the show been on air?</h2><p>So You Think You Can Dance first premiered in 2005 and has since aired 16 seasons. It has become a popular and long-running show for dance enthusiasts and fans of reality TV.</p><h2>4. Can anyone audition for the show?</h2><p>Yes, anyone who meets the eligibility requirements can audition for the show. These requirements include being between the ages of 18 and 30, and having a legal right to work in the United States.</p><h2>5. Are there any Pampered Chef consultants who are fans of the show?</h2><p>Yes, there are many Pampered Chef consultants who are also fans of So You Think You Can Dance. It's a great way to connect with other consultants and customers who share a common interest in the show!</p>

1. What is So You Think You Can Dance?

So You Think You Can Dance is a reality TV show where dancers from various genres compete for the title of America's Favorite Dancer. They are judged by a panel of experts and are eliminated each week based on their performances.

2. When does the show air?

The show typically airs during the summer months on FOX. The exact air date varies each year, so be sure to check your local listings for the most up-to-date information.

3. How long has the show been on air?

So You Think You Can Dance first premiered in 2005 and has since aired 16 seasons. It has become a popular and long-running show for dance enthusiasts and fans of reality TV.

4. Can anyone audition for the show?

Yes, anyone who meets the eligibility requirements can audition for the show. These requirements include being between the ages of 18 and 30, and having a legal right to work in the United States.

5. Are there any Pampered Chef consultants who are fans of the show?

Yes, there are many Pampered Chef consultants who are also fans of So You Think You Can Dance. It's a great way to connect with other consultants and customers who share a common interest in the show!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KellyTheChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef Endora
  • lisaterwilliger
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lisaterwilliger
Replies