• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are theme shows a fun way to spice up your Pampered Chef parties?

but it usually just becomes something that we all know about us. We are all different and our shows reflect that.
TinasKitchen
I told my director that I was doing the Price is Right theme for one of my past hosts (same people have been to 3 other shows). I wanted to change it up for them.
She told me that she wouldnt even want to know what its about and that I should be doing the shows and showcasing my personality and not try to be Bob Barker. And that shows should be KISS.. keep it simple sweetie .
She was very nice about it but I could tell it irked her.

Have any of you found that a theme show (Price is Right, Desperate Housewives) every now and then helps you to liven the show up and allows you to have fun? Or do you just do regular shows and make a theme out of it by what food you are cooking?

I haven't had a lot of success with theme shows, but I know lots of consultants have. I've done Desperate Housewives (a total flop), a Luau (only one person showed up) and a chocolate show, which was a very good show. I would just do whatever works for you. My Director is the same way. She has been with the company for over 21 years (only two people have been in it longer than her) and she is not much on change at all. She's not a big fan of this website either, but I don't care. I do what works best for me.

I have just started in July, but I have done a couple of theme shows: Ice Cream Social, Amazing Race Couples Show, and Mexican Fiesta. I think they're great fun, and I can tell people are more excited to be there and are more likely to book if it's going to be fun.

I have 21 shows, mostly cooking, but a couple of catalog shows, in September and October, so I think it's working for me!

Jennifer, who is your director? My director and cluster are in Indiana. I know we do not have the same director, but I am meeting quite a few, and I was wondering if I knew her.

mrssyvo said:
Jennifer, who is your director? My director and cluster are in Indiana. I know we do not have the same director, but I am meeting quite a few, and I was wondering if I knew her.

I sent you a private message.

I agree with Jennifer - do what works for you.

I have had a lot of success with theme shows and know others who don't. It really depends on your personality and that of the hosts. :)

Jennifer - Just wondering - why doesn't your director like this site? I LOVE it!! I have gotten so many wonderful ideas!!!

Last edited:
I'm going to do my own P is R show w/ my friends to test it out and hopefully have some more sales. If all goes well I will do it at my show the following week. If it does not do well and it seems dumb then I will just be myself instead of Bob Barker lol

I thought a theme show would help me relax a little more. My director told me I had a great personality and I should let it show and be myself. Well its hard when you feel that you arent yourself and the one liners dont flow b/c you know they are rehearsed!

I'll give it a shot and see how it goes!

Thanks again

Some directors don't like this site because some people spend too much time on here rather than working their business. I always say that I you should touch your business everyday, and this doesn't count.

SusanBP0129 said:
Jennifer - Just wondering - why doesn't your director like this site? I LOVE it!! I have gotten so many wonderful ideas!!!

Well, last time I had talked to her she hadn't even vistited here yet. I told her about it over a year ago. She's just not much of a computer person at all.

Plus, she is very anti fairs, booths, things like that. She is a nice enough person, she is just one of those that think everybody should run their business like she does.

I'm not Anti-theme show at all - but they just haven't worked for me......not even the Celebrations Shows.....maybe it depends on your personality? Oh wait - there is one Theme Show that works for me - but I do it so much I don't think of it as a Theme Show anymore - and that is the Dip & Sip show....But I definitely think you should do what makes you comfortable, and what makes your hosts and guests happy!

My director encourages us to do theme shows. We even try to come up with new theme show ideas at our monthly meeting. We also do alot of fairs etc. I have gotten great leads from fairs. I booked four cooking show and 3 catty shows all from fair leads. I am also planning on doing, pretty much, a no cooking cooking show. I will do the Molten lava chocolate cake as a demo near the end of the show, have the garlic pull apart bread ready when guests arrive. I will spend the rest of the time with intros, passing around new products and playing games. I am going to do it basically like a open house. I am going to invite the guests to shop at my kitchen store, ask questions and mostly have a great time. I will discuss hostess rewards, monthly specials and offer the opportunity. But I want it to be very casual, relaxing and no stress tactics. I think people get tired of the same old, same old. I am going to give it a try anyway. I also think I will use the price is right idea. It's a great way to "showcase" the product without having to stand there and say I love this item because.... You can even ask if anyone already has the item and ask how they use it and if they love it!

I can see both sides. I think it is best to keep it simple for your sanity if people don't know any different. BUT in your case, where the same people are on their third or fourth show, I think it is perfectly acceptable to change things up to boost attendance and fun which both boost sales. Also, just to let you know...I have done the same show with the same exact group of women (an office) at least 10 times this past season, and sales never dropped. Fun is important, but remember to change the products you will be using for each recipe with this group to sell them on different things.

Showing different products is very important especially when you have the same guests/groups frequently. If they see something new that is exciting and you're excited about it they tend to buy it!!!!!!

and if you give this "same crowd" some different ideas you might end up with a recruit. I have recruiting this way twice now, back in the days...... and if I hadn't gone inactive the last time, I'd have 3 more under me...ugh....life......

oh well, movin on...........

Tina - I think the reason that theme shows work for me is that "fits" my personality. When I started out, I did the "demo" shows and tried doing the cooking shows PC gave us but I felt stiff and uncomfortable and I think it showed and was reflected in my sales. Last year, (my first year) my total sales were a little over $5000. I had doubled that this year by the end of June. Some of that is due to me working my business more but I think I'm working it more because I'm enjoying doing my shows more.

Do what feels right for you! Your director is there for guidance, just like our parents were when we were growing up. Sometimes we should follow in their foot steps and sometimes not following in them works out better! Best of Luck!

Theme shows haven't worked well for me, but I figure that's just because they don't fit my style. I do change things up so that people who come to several of my shows aren't just seeing "reruns."I'm sad to hear that some directors discourage their consultants from doing things the way they enjoy doing them, with theme shows and such (provided they are still following TPC rules, of course). As for this website, my director is the one who told me about it. She's great! And, she encourages me to do whatever works for me.

I have had one "'theme" work best for me so far ... my Oh! Margarita! theme. It's where I make margaritas, a mexican dish (Southwest Salsa Pizza is the favorite) and a dessert. I've done five or six of these.

My first repeat host at the end of the month is having a Murder Mystery party. For that, I am going to take info I have seen on here and totally rewrite it, to suit the new product line and ad some more fun, iteractive plot stuff. I am going to use props and use silly music and get the guests totally involved. I think it will be really fun! And I know my host is totally looking forward to it.

You ladies are so correct! Most of these women are older, meaning they arent really in the kitchen that much. What products do you suggest I show to that kind of crowd?

I started my biz with the intention of offering or highlighting mainly Theme shows, as most people around here have been to the "traditional" cooking show before 100 times! Most like the idea of offering a theme and I'd say 90% have done a theme since I started 10 months ago! They are fun and mix things up and it's something new for thier guests to experience! I love them but to each her-his own!

If you like the idea of theme shows stick with it. I think we all do things that other consultants wouldn't do (theme shows, fairs, etc) I offer theme shows but haven't had a whole lot of takers. I think it is a fun way to show your customer base that you can "spice things up" for them.

TinasKitchen said:
You ladies are so correct! Most of these women are older, meaning they arent really in the kitchen that much. What products do you suggest I show to that kind of crowd?

I would hit on products that are great for re-heating or cooking for 1 or 2 people. When looking at stoneware, hit the mini-bakers or small oval bakers and the small or medium bar pan. You might also mention the mini loaf pan which is great for baking those Christmas gifts for the neighbors and such! Talk up the micro cookers & rice cookers as they are great for empty nesters. Here are some other suggestion:

Chillzanne Bowls - small one is great for 1 or 2 but the big one is great for keeping a head of lettuce in the refrigerator. As long as you don't break it up and rinse off the entire head, it will keep for up to 2 weeks -- just take what you need. That will save money on buying the bag lettuce which goes bad quicker.

Quick Stir Pitchers - Great for Ice Tea & lemonade, etc.

Prep Bowl Sets - great for storing leftovers or portion control.

Those are the things that jump out at me first. Even if the crowd isn't a bunch of cookers, always point out that our products make great birthday, holiday & wedding gifts. Who wouldn't want one of our New Traditions pieces for a wedding gift ... and at 20% off they're even saving money!!!!! Good luck!

Like BBauman, I offer theme shows but don't have too many takers. I'm actually thinking about changing up my folder to have less theme shows, as I've noticed when I flip though I can get bored easily. My murder mystery shows have been a great hit, and lots of people are intrigued by it, so I'll keep that one, but otherwise it's just about offering a recipe that's different.

Do what works for YOU, it's your business, NOT your directors!

Unfortunately the person I was doing this for cancelled on me. Thank God I called her and she said Ohhh I meant to call you, I cant do it. I'm pretty bummed b/c I counted on that show. Thats 3 cancellations for me this month :(

Thank you for your help and suggestions!

TinasKitchen said:
Thank God I called her and she said Ohhh I meant to call you, I cant do it. I'm pretty bummed b/c I counted on that show. Thats 3 cancellations for me this month :(
You should be calling each and every host at least 3 times...more if you don't know them that well. This will make it easier for sales and bookings and harder for them to cancel on a "friend". Did you at least reschedule?

I had called her 2x and she said she'd call me back.. didnt have time to talk. This time she blurted it out that I'm not having my show. I'm looking for a job (offered PC, turned down) and I dont have time right now for the show. She even asked a neighbor to take over the show for her and she said no.

I was so p.o'd b/c she could've told me this weeks ago when I spoke to her quickly. Instead she told a past host and never told me she was cancelling.

I should've tried to get her to reschedule but I was so mad at the moment that I just said ok well thank you anyway.

Right now I'm feeling this business is not for me. Too many phone calls to make and I dont like to hound people. I call them, they say they will call back, they dont, I call again and I feel they get annoyed. I only have a few hours when I get home to spend w/ my daughter (I work full time) and then its after 9pm and I dont call anyone then. I try to call on w/e but get answering machines.

Tina- I am sorry that you feel that way! I know how you feel about calling people. I don't like to call in the evening because that is our family time, but that seems to be the only time people are home. I am SAHM and it doesn't help if the person I am trying to reach works. I also don't like hounding people, but I love doing shows and I love the free products. I am not making very much money now, but it is a lot better than it would be if I was a customer!! I truly hope that you stick around!

What is a "theme show" and why does the director frown upon it?

A theme show is when a consultant chooses a specific theme, such as a holiday or type of cuisine, to center their Pampered Chef party around. The director frowns upon this because it can limit the products and demonstrations that can be shown, potentially hindering sales and overall party success.

Can I still incorporate a theme into my Pampered Chef party?

While the director may discourage full-fledged theme shows, you can still incorporate elements of a theme into your party. For example, you can use seasonal decorations or recipes that fit with a certain theme, but make sure to still showcase a variety of products.

What if a customer specifically requests a theme show?

If a customer requests a theme show, you can explain to them the reasons why the director frowns upon it and offer alternative options. However, ultimately it is up to the consultant to decide if they are willing to do a theme show.

Can I still use themed invitations and marketing materials for my Pampered Chef party?

Yes, you can still use themed invitations and marketing materials to generate interest in your party. Just make sure to emphasize that the party will not be strictly limited to the chosen theme.

What should I focus on instead of a theme at my Pampered Chef party?

Instead of focusing on a theme, it is important to highlight the versatility and functionality of Pampered Chef products. This allows for a wider range of demonstrations and appeals to a larger audience. Additionally, focusing on the benefits of hosting a party, such as earning free products, can also help drive sales.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • bunksc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
bunksc
  • Malinda Klein