• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Stone Quality Standards Changing? Just Wondering...

problems, they can call HO and they will take care of it.Just wondering if you all lately are experiencing more adjustments for defective stones? It seems more so now, than ever before (2.5 years selling) that I have done, I don't know how many adjustments for cracking stones upon use! To where the old stones from 10 years ago are still used today by a few people that I know!:eek: Just wondering if the quality has mabye changed?I think it is probably a fluke. I just did one for the first time in months. And it was broken in shipping. It seems like adjustments come in waves though.I haven't had any problems with breaking stones
heat123
Silver Member
Just wondering if you all lately are experiencing more adjustments for defective stones? It seems more so now, than ever before (2.5 years selling) that I have done, I don't know how many adjustments for cracking stones upon use! To where the old stones from 10 years ago are still used today by a few people that I know!:eek: Just wondering if the quality has mabye changed?

I think it is probably a fluke. I just did one for the first time in months. And it was broken in shipping. It seems like adjustments come in waves though.

I haven't had any problems with breaking stones in the past 5 years. I've had a few; mostly broken during shipping.

Occasionally, I have to do adjustments on Large Bar Pans, which seem to have a tendency to crack in half in the oven. I've had to do 2 this month. But then, I may go several months without another one - and I sell a ton of Bar Pans!

It just seems that when I do have to do an adjustment for a broken stone, it's a bar pan. (that may be because I sell so many though.....law of averages at work)

I just did my first lg bar pan b/c it cracked didn't break but cracked while in the oven.

keepin' me busyI have had A LOT of Stoneware Adjustments lately. I have talked to others that are having a lot of adjustments as well....

Some have chips, some have cracked in the oven....

It seems like I am doing 2-3 per week because when I get the new one back - it seems to be a different Stoneware item that they send!!! UGH!

This scares me because I just started selling PC in January and already I have had 3 broken stones. I got another call today and now I am so nervous about PC and whether or not I want to continue selling it if I am going to have to deal with the headache. I was considering gluing the stoneware pages together in the catalogs so people could not order, lol! j/k

I love the stoneware myself and have not had any problems (knock on wood) but I just don't want to be selling defective items and dealing with irate customers. What are your thoughts? I hope this is just a fluke, please share your stoneware stories and make me feel better about selling it again!!! :cry:

I just had a thought, are we seeing so many problems because SO many were sold with the November special? I have never had any problems with the stones, nor have I had to do an adjustment on one. I just thought maybe with so many stones going out at once, it just seems like we are having a horrible time with them...

The new round stone with handles are the only one with the problem! I'd say I've done about 8 adjusment in 16 stones sold. Not very good odds! :(

how do you handle this, do you warn people before they buy this stone? or do you let them buy it and just hope that they get a good one? I don't want to warn people and speak against our product but I feel guilty letting them buy something that will most likely break.

When I called HO they said that they are not aware of a problem and there is nothing wrong with the LR handle stone... ridiculous...

slapsappyhappy said:
how do you handle this, do you warn people before they buy this stone? or do you let them buy it and just hope that they get a good one? I don't want to warn people and speak against our product but I feel guilty letting them buy something that will most likely break.

When I called HO they said that they are not aware of a problem and there is nothing wrong with the LR handle stone... ridiculous...

If you do a search for other topics about this particular stone.. you will find many more with problems on this stone. :(
Some said the first batch (when it first came out) may have been a defect??:confused:

I wonder if they are being sold to people as an Outside Order instead of being instructed on their proper use at a show? Yes they come with a Use and Care card but most people don't even read it.

Slapsappyhappy, (can you put a name in your signature? That feels funny addressing you like that.) ;)A lot of times I don't go into detail. I tell everyone, regardless of what they buy, that they have 30 days where PC will cover the shipping charge, so they need to read the U&C instructions and be sure to use the product a few times. If they should have any questions or problems, to call me right away and I'll take care of it.This is another great excuse for calling everyone a couple weeks after a show/after the stuff has arrived. "Out of the Box" calls are great so I can be sure everything is okay, see if they need some recipes to go along with things for them to test out their products, etc.

I just bumped the thread with stone with handles up so people can see and read it.

I just started using a large bar pan I bought years ago since I just signed up. The other day it crack after it came out of the oven! Do I have any recourse, even though its old?

Just had a host from Nov email me, she already had a problem with one of the customers stones, NOW the new one just broke!! Its the medium bar pan, she bought it when they were on special....:(

dkitten13 said:
I just started using a large bar pan I bought years ago since I just signed up. The other day it crack after it came out of the oven! Do I have any recourse, even though its old?

It's got a 3 year warranty so if you've got the receipt or know when and who you purchased it from call HO and get it replaced. Or go online and do and adjustment that way.

just had to return another one.....last one ws about 3 months ago

Just had to replace a DCB for my February host!

I've had my only 3 stone adjustments in the last 2 months.. They all wanted replacements instead of refunds, thank goodness.. I'm glad the PC is so great to work with when it comes to this sort of thing!

A host from Nov. has a DCB with cracks on the bottom, inside and out. The cracks are not all the way through, but it is new and she wants and deserves it to be crack-free. Mine has never had a problem and I've used it A LOT. I've also replaced 2 stones with handles this year for customers.

I am currently cooking with the large bar pan... and i heard this noise from the oven... I opened the oven up and my bar pan is cracked in half! I have had stones for years, but this is a brand new stone. I just got my starter kit less than 30 days ago and this is about the 8th time I used it, and it cracked... Since this is from the consultants kit, will PC cover it for me?Guilio

Definitely!

In fact it's really easy too! Just call up PC and let them know you got it in your kit and they will replace it for you.

You don't usually need a receipt if you are taking care of your own items as long as the item(s) were bought under your name and you know when you approximately got it.

Thanks for your quick response. I will contact them in the AM or on Monday in the AM.Thanks!
Guilio

Related to Are Stone Quality Standards Changing? Just Wondering...

1. What are the current stone quality standards for Pampered Chef products?

At Pampered Chef, we have always prided ourselves on providing high-quality products to our customers. Our current stone quality standards include sourcing only the best materials and rigorously testing each product before it reaches our customers.

2. Are there any changes being made to the stone quality standards in the near future?

We are constantly evaluating and improving our standards to ensure that our customers receive the best possible products. While there are currently no major changes being made to our stone quality standards, we are always open to making adjustments as needed.

3. Will the changes in stone quality affect the prices of Pampered Chef products?

We understand that our customers value both quality and affordability, which is why we strive to keep our prices competitive. Any changes in stone quality standards will not significantly impact the prices of our products.

4. How can I be sure that the Pampered Chef products I purchase meet the stone quality standards?

Rest assured that all of our products go through a thorough quality control process before being sold. If you have any concerns about a specific product, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

5. Are there any tips for properly caring for Pampered Chef stone products to maintain their quality?

Yes, we recommend following the care instructions provided with each product to ensure its longevity and quality. This typically includes avoiding extreme temperature changes and using gentle cleaning methods. Additionally, using our stone cleaning brush can help remove any food residue and keep your stone in excellent condition.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedberry
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Amanda_RI
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • lisasfuncooking