• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are PC Headsets Worth the Investment for Home Business?

In summary, after discussing the different options for a headset with microphone, it is suggested to purchase a decent, mid-priced one as the cheap ones may disappoint. It is important to check if the headset is compatible with hearing aids if needed. Some recommended brands are Uniden, Panasonic, and Plantronics, with prices ranging from $15 to $100. A headset can make working from home easier and more comfortable, especially for multitasking and taking orders. The Plantronics Sound Innovation M214C Cordless Phone Headset is a good option as it is compatible with both the computer and cell phone.
chefkristin
Gold Member
I am thinking of getting a headset for PC and my other home based business.
Can anyone recommend one or are they all pretty comparible?

You mean a headset with a microphone? To connect to your computer, or your telephone? Well, I guess my advice is the same either way. ;)I'd buy a decent one - something mid-priced. The cheap ones are going to disappoint you. As your needs change, you might want a better one that has more features or something... but something middle of the road will be ideal for now I'd think.

jenniferp417 said:
You mean a headset with a microphone? To connect to your computer, or your telephone? Well, I guess my advice is the same either way. ;)

I'd buy a decent one - something mid-priced. The cheap ones are going to disappoint you. As your needs change, you might want a better one that has more features or something... but something middle of the road will be ideal for now I'd think.
I want one to plug into my cordless phone. But I can't get one with an ear insert because I wear hearing aids.

I think that might be slightly more difficult - you *may* be limited to a more expensive one, not that it's a terrible thing because sound quality is likely to be better.You will want to read the packages to see if they say they're compatible with hearing aids... I believe some are.It's been almost a year since I worked in a store that sold them so I can't really help that much.ANY of them are going to have at least a 14-day return policy. If you're not happy with one, try another. :)Hopefully it'll work really well!

Ooooooooh...I used to have a Uniden one YEARS ago when my 8 year old was a newborn - they're AWESOME!!
I think I wrote a review about ti on Epinions.com

DH just upgraded mine for my b-day.

Don't cheap out. I spent maybe $15-20 on my first one and it crapped out in about a year.

He just bought me a Panasonic kx-tca92 and I love it! I have no idea how much he paid for it.

It makes working at home so much easier.

When I'm working at home, I have one that's kinda big, and has a boom-style mic that comes further across my face toward my mouth. It looks silly, but I think it's better for the person on the other end. When I'm wearing it, I look like an airline reservations person. :)

I was looking at Best Buy and I saw some for $19.99 and then some for $99.99. I just want it because the regular phone hurts my ear if I am on it too long. I figure this way with a head set, I can multi task.:D

I like it because I can type easier taking orders. Not so much product numbers - those are easy with one hand. But names can be a b*tch.

chefann said:
But names can be a b*tch.

Hey, Ann....so can I!!!:rolleyes:

Sorry, it was so there!!!

So I just got back from Best Buy and I picked up a Plantronics Sound Innovation M214C Cordless Phone Headset. The awesome thing is that it works with my cell phone too! That will be great fro driving!!!! It was like $40.00.

Good job! I remember good things about Plantronics! :D

You'll love having one so you can talk hands-free!

Related to Are PC Headsets Worth the Investment for Home Business?

1. Can a headset be used for phone calls while cooking?

Yes, a headset can be used for phone calls while cooking. It allows you to have hands-free communication while working in the kitchen.

2. Is a headset compatible with all phones?

Most headsets are compatible with a variety of phones, but it's always best to check the compatibility before purchasing one.

3. Will a headset improve sound quality during calls?

Yes, a headset can improve sound quality during calls. It eliminates background noise and provides a clearer sound for both parties.

4. Are there different types of headsets available?

Yes, there are different types of headsets available, such as Bluetooth, wired, and wireless. Each type has its own features and benefits.

5. Can a headset be used for virtual meetings or video calls?

Yes, a headset can be used for virtual meetings or video calls. It allows for better audio quality and reduces background noise, making it easier to communicate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• WestCoastPC
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • hoosierchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
rebeccastt
  • msmileyface