• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Outdoor Utensils/Plates Worth the Hype?

In summary, some of the participants in the conversation have purchased the plates and utensils and have had positive experiences with them. They are durable and dishwasher safe, making them convenient for family gatherings and outdoor use. Some have also used them at shows as a replacement for paper goods, and have found it to be successful in getting more products into the hands of customers. There are also plans to use them at future shows and parties. However, there are also some individuals who have not found much use for the utensils, but still enjoy using the plates. Overall, the general consensus is that the plates are high quality and serve as a great alternative to paper plates.
lisatx04
Do any of you have these? I am thinking of getting them as a personal order since it is the guest special for July, but am not really sure. If you do have them, do you lilke them? I do have a pool, so they would be great for the kids. Just wanting to know...

Lisa

I love them!! I bought another 2 sets to use for family gatherings. There are no more lost drinks sitting on the buffet table or spills on my floor.

The best part is they can go in the dishwasher!

I have 2 sets of each. We use them all the time when eating on our deck. Sometimes I'll use them inside for chips & salsa--put the chips on the plate & hold the salsa in a bowl where the cups can go. I wish they would come out with some outdoor party cups too!

I have a couple sets of the plates and the utensils that I take to shows. It eliminates the need for the host to purchase paper goods (other than cups), and gets a couple more products into everyone's hot little hands. 2 sets of each (12 plates and 12 sets of utensils) fit easily in the larger of the 2 cookware bags that were the January incentive.

chefann said:
I have a couple sets of the plates and the utensils that I take to shows. It eliminates the need for the host to purchase paper goods (other than cups), and gets a couple more products into everyone's hot little hands. 2 sets of each (12 plates and 12 sets of utensils) fit easily in the larger of the 2 cookware bags that were the January incentive.

What a great idea! :D I'm buying another set of utensils so I can do this for my July Shows!

I have about 3 or 4 sets of the plates, and use them ALL the time! They are so light and easy, and WAY cheaper than paper plates!
I only have one set of the utensils, that half have disapeared (go figure). So I don't use them much.

chefann said:

Ann, I LOVE that idea! I was thinking of doing it for my July shows anyway, but will continue for the rest of the year. Makes hosting even nicer!

My daughter loves the plates and have a friend who adores the utensils for work. I plan to get more in July when they are on special!

I have them. My utensils have never been opened. I use the plates when nothing else is cleaned. They are something I can do without. I have only sold a few sets of the plates and none of the utensils. I am not looking for this to be a good guest special for me.

chefann said:

Ann, I never thought about doing this. Maybe I will do this for July and see how it goes and maybe keep on. I have one set or each that I rearely use, if ever. May use them for my show this week and advertise for July too. Thanks!

I have 3 sets of the plates and just used them for my Father's Day party

I have just one set of the utensils but will get two more in July for sure! Then I'll have a full set. :)

I LOVE the idea of having guests use them at July shows!!!!

I can't take credit for the idea to use them at shows. I got that here. Unfortunately, I don't remember who suggested it...

I have them and love them. I thought they were going to be cheapy but they are REALLY high quality!
I use the plates all the time at home for the kids and outside if we're entertaining outdoors. I send the utensils to school with my kids' lunches (with strict "don't throw these away" intructions) and we use them on my parents' boat all the time!

I have both; love the plates ... afraid to use the utensils. I am terrified my family is so use to throwing out plastic cutlery that they will dispose of them also. I know I should just tell them not to throw them out but then ... when did my adult children ever listen to their mother!!!!! :p

dannyzmom said:
I have them and love them. I thought they were going to be cheapy but they are REALLY high quality!
I use the plates all the time at home for the kids and outside if we're entertaining outdoors. I send the utensils to school with my kids' lunches (with strict "don't throw these away" intructions) and we use them on my parents' boat all the time!

Love the idea about using them on a boat. Tons of people here go up to the lakes every weekend in the summer & this would be a good seller. I'll definitely add the idea to my July newsletter.

I have them and love them. We didn't have enough for the graduation party so I put some paper plates out too and people said they didn't want to use them because I would then have to wash them.:rolleyes: I told them - no problem! they go in the dishwasher.

I love them to. Haven't let the kids use them much though. They microwave alot and I am afraid they'll forget and ruin them. I wish they were microwave safe to. Oh well. Can't have everything.

They area also GREAT for in campers. I just bought a new camper & those are the only plates in there. Plus all the BBQ tools that my husband can't live without. I know that I have 2 shows booked for July just because the hosts & their groups of friends are big on camping & want these for their campers too.

Related to Are Outdoor Utensils/Plates Worth the Hype?

What materials are the outdoor utensils/plates made of?

The outdoor utensils/plates are made of sturdy and durable materials such as stainless steel, plastic, and melamine. These materials are designed to withstand outdoor environments and are easy to clean.

Are the outdoor utensils/plates dishwasher safe?

Yes, most of our outdoor utensils/plates are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing them to prolong their lifespan and prevent any potential damage from harsh dishwasher detergents.

Can the outdoor utensils/plates be used for hot and cold food?

Our outdoor utensils/plates are designed to handle both hot and cold food. They are heat resistant and won't warp or melt when used with hot food. They are also safe to use with cold food, making them versatile for any outdoor dining experience.

Do you offer a warranty for the outdoor utensils/plates?

Yes, we offer a limited lifetime warranty for our outdoor utensils/plates. If you experience any defects or issues with the product, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Are the outdoor utensils/plates lightweight and easy to pack for camping or picnics?

Yes, our outdoor utensils/plates are designed to be lightweight and easy to pack for outdoor activities like camping or picnics. They are also stackable for convenient storage and transport.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jeanlewis13
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Hunter Mom
  • Luv2bake
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • ChefPaulaB