• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Large Bar Pans Prone to Cracking? Share Your Experience!

In summary, large bar pans can crack due to sudden temperature changes and can be prevented by allowing the pan to cool before washing, avoiding metal utensils, and using oven mitts. These pans are covered under a lifetime warranty for manufacturing defects. To clean, use warm soapy water and avoid harsh chemicals. It is not recommended to use a cracked pan, as it can compromise its integrity and pose safety hazards.
doughmama
Silver Member
OK? Is it just me? I have so many customers who have needed to have their large bar pans replaced. I let everyone know the correct way to use it. Most feel that they are using them correctly, yet so many have cracked. :grumpy: One of my favorite products! Anyone else have this problem?

Maybe there's been a bad batch?

I have that with the Large ROund stone with handles

Yep, LRS with handles. Just had a customer get a new one almost 2 mths ago. Just got an email that her replacement cracked already.

Well, I just dang near burnt my kitchen down tonight when my barpan cracked in the oven.... with bacon on it!

DebbieJ said:
Yep, LRS with handles. Just had a customer get a new one almost 2 mths ago. Just got an email that her replacement cracked already.

I think we have the same customer. Or atleast they must've gotten the same batch. Same time frame....

I just did 2 adjustments for large bar pans from the same November show! Same thing--the customer is using it correctly, reading the use and care, etc. One of the gals had hers "explode" into 5 pieces with chicken (defrosted) cooking on it. Big mess!!

1. Why do my large bar pans keep cracking?

The most common reason for large bar pans to crack is sudden temperature changes. Going from a hot oven to a cool surface or vice versa can cause the pan to expand or contract too quickly, leading to cracks.

2. Can I prevent my large bar pan from cracking?

Yes, there are a few steps you can take to prevent your large bar pan from cracking. Allow the pan to cool down before placing it in water, avoid using metal utensils on the pan, and always use oven mitts when handling hot pans.

3. Are large bar pans covered under warranty if they crack?

Yes, our large bar pans come with a limited lifetime warranty. If your pan cracks due to a manufacturing defect, we will replace it free of charge.

4. How should I clean my large bar pan to prevent cracks?

To clean your large bar pan, use warm soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they can weaken the pan's surface and make it more prone to cracking.

5. Can I still use my large bar pan if it has a small crack?

It is not recommended to use a large bar pan with a crack, no matter how small it may be. The crack can continue to grow and potentially compromise the integrity of the pan, leading to potential safety hazards. It is best to replace the pan if it has any cracks.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • Gypsy Rose
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Gypsy Rose
  • pampchef.angel