• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Pampered Chef Worth It? My Experience with Highs and Lows

In summary, Kristin's college degrees and work experience don't mean much to Becky. She's unimpressed by Kristin's education and thinks she's unqualified to sell Pampered Chef. Kristin disagrees and is grateful for her degrees. Becky is not a good fit for the team and will be replaced soon.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
So I just posted on the 3-2-1 Accountability thread about my great results.....then I was doing a host coaching call, and mentioned the opportunity, and she said to me "I didn't go to college for 7 years to sell Pampered Chef.".....um, okay.....and thank you very much for just telling me how you really feel about my job!:grumpy: THEN, I was washing my large bar pan after roasting a bunch of butternut squash, and the whole corner just fell off in my hand!:cry: :cry: :cry: I've had that bar pan for 7 years and it was my very favorite stone - completely, perfectly seasoned......I actually felt sick to my stomach!:yuck: :cry:

Well, I went to college for 10 years TO sell PC! ;)

Someday she'll know what she is missing.

Think of it as a blessing. You don't want someone like that on your team.

...and Becky is building a team! :)

On the pan...hugs to you...my bar pan broke in March. :(

Luckily my new one is coming along nicely on the seasoning so far. (I've been cooking LOTS of bacon - LOL!)

Um, yea, I went to college for 7 years to OWN MY OWN BUSINESS SELLING PAMPERED CHEF!!!

The funny thing is I bet we can find TONS of people on here that have a LOT more education than her. ...and for those with less, big deal, I'm sure they have more common sense than her! Don't take it personally at all Becky. I HIGHLY value education, but I also HIGHLY value common sense and experience.

She's probably the same type that "devalues" stay-at-home moms and other things too.

Kristin is right, you're better of without someone on your team who judges...but who knows...God may turn her life and pride 180 someday.

(((((((((((((((Becky)))))))))))))))))))
And, btw, she can kiss my arse.
I have a bachelor's degree, a master's degree, and about 2/3's of a doctorate...and am PROUD to own my own Pampered Chef business!!!!! She is missing the boat!

some people just speak before actually thinking (amazing how that works) My MIL is famous for that one.

and so sorry about your bar pan ....thats almost worse!:cry:

Oh, and another thing - about 8 years ago when my now AD offered me the business opportunity, I said basically the same thing to her "I didn't go through all those years of college and grad school to sell kitchenwares..." Well..........lookit me now!!! Wooo Hoooo!!!

What's that saying? "Work smarter, not harder!" I've never had such an easy job that's so much fun and makes $100+ a night!

SOOOOOO Sorry about the bar pan!

Thanks guys, I knew you'd understand!

And Reba - you are right - the bar pan hurt alot more! Or at least it will affect my day to day life more!

ChefBeckyD said:
Thanks guys, I knew you'd understand!

And Reba - you are right - the bar pan hurt alot more! Or at least it will affect my day to day life more!

Now you can use the rest of the bar pan to knock some sense into this lady....

(Just TOTALLY kidding guys!!!! - Just in case for some ODD reason someone would take me seriously! :D :eek: )

janetupnorth said:
(Just TOTALLY kidding guys!!!! - Just in case for some ODD reason someone would take me seriously! :D :eek: )

What? You think we would do that, Janet?!?!?!? ;)

I too have 7 years of college, two of those years are grad school, but the job I was preparing for wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

pcchris said:
What? You think we would do that, Janet?!?!?!? ;)

Well, every once in awhile I'm known to be very serious...

...and then back to...:balloon:

He-he!

janetupnorth said:
Well, every once in awhile I'm known to be very serious...

...and then back to...:balloon:

He-he!

Yes, I know that...I'm just being a smart arse!! :angel:

I like to think my education gave me the smarts to realize what a great opportunity this can be. I won't replicate my former income in my first year of PC...or my second...but I suspect that I will eventually surpass it. Oh, and I am a whole lot happier.

Since I have moved, I have broken 3 stones! I dropped my Cranberry Oval Baker at the hotel RIGHT before we left to go to the new house. While unpacking I dropped one of my small oval baker. Lastly....this is so sad.....we had weekend visitors over Labor Day. I forgot to turn off the front right burner on my oven. My GF took out the stone and set it on top of the stove (something I do all the time...AFTER I make sure all the burners are off and cool). I kept asking what was burning.......the biscuits over the burner! All of a sudden...CRACK...my DH knew exactly what it was. Bummer...I loved that stone...it had a crooked little edge that made it so unique.

:cry: I'm so sorry to hear about your bar pan.:cry:

That's what happened to my sisters, she still uses it. It's more like a flat stone now.

We sure do have highs & lows don't we!

Sorry about the stone...:cry:
And some people just DON'T get it! And we can't MAKE them either....definately her loss!

I totally agree with Leggy! Sky is the limit with PC. She will forever sit in the grips of someone else and do what ever she is told. No bosses here!!!

chefkristin said:
Sky is the limit with PC. She will forever sit in the grips of someone else and do what ever she is told. No bosses here!!!

:thumbup: So well put!!!!:thumbup:

Ditto to what everyone else has said about that very rude host. :(As for the broken stone, you have my empathy. Been there. One "silver lining" we get from the occasional broken stone is that The Furry Guy uses the broken pieces for drainage in planters. At least that way it's not a total loss.

Your Furry Guy is one smart cookie. He always has the best ideas!

Ruthie

Yeah, he's a keeper.

I was in a BioChem class at Baylor with alot of students desiring to go to med school after and the professor said honestly speaking how many of you want to be doctors just to get rich? A few honest ones raised their hands and he said you're in the wrong building...you wanna get rich go to the business school and start your own company that's the truly wealthy in this country.

Its true I am still friends with a few guys who went on to do med school and become doctors and my husband who started a small trasportation company years ago makes more than they do.

That b*tch should put her silly life in perspective. She wouldn't need to go 7 years to school to get a better job and work to supplement her husband's income so they can live in an overpriced house, drive cars they can't afford and compete with neighbors. She needs to discover Dave Ramsey and real wealth and peace froma debt free exsistence and find self value in God not a silly job.

I do think we should be careful being too hard on people. We all have slips of the tongue. Yes, her true feeling came out but I don't think that means she's a mean person. She may be mean, but we don't know that for sure.
I've heard a saying around here....."bless and release". Maybe we should all do that.

People like her crack me up:) Oh the arrogance. I have 7 yrs, two advanced degrees, and am so happy to have my PC business. Even if (sorry, when) I go back to do my Master's degree, I'll still OWN my PC business.
Too bad she is so short sighted. But like someone else said, you don't want her on your team, anyway.

The funny thing is, she is out of work, and was talking about starting a web-based business (think Quixtar) and so I thought I was offering her a better choice!

Hopefully, she didn't realize what an insult it was to you. I'm the queen of "open mouth, insert foot," so I know how easy it is to make a comment and have it come out more insulting than the spirit in which it was meant.

Keep her on your updates list, and maybe in a few months she'll recognize your success and give PC a try!

So sorry about the stone, too. :cry:

chefann said:
Hopefully, she didn't realize what an insult it was to you. I'm the queen of "open mouth, insert foot," so I know how easy it is to make a comment and have it come out more insulting than the spirit in which it was meant.

Keep her on your updates list, and maybe in a few months she'll recognize your success and give PC a try!

So sorry about the stone, too. :cry:

Yeah, I'm not going to let it get to me - it was just a moment of feeling insulted when she said it......I KNOW how easy it is to say something w/o realizing how it sounds to the other person!:eek: :eek:

I am actually going to mention it to her again, because I am at a point where I am completely booked (3 shows a week) until the middle of November.....so I am now telling all of my hosts I need their help! If they want the host bonus for the next couple of months from bookings from their shows, then they are going to have to sign up and do the shows themselves! (I know they can't get the host bonus as the consultant....but I figure they can earn the PC $$ and get them that way!;) )

ChefBeckyD said:
Yeah, I'm not going to let it get to me - it was just a moment of feeling insulted when she said it......I KNOW how easy it is to say something w/o realizing how it sounds to the other person!:eek: :eek:

I am actually going to mention it to her again, because I am at a point where I am completely booked (3 shows a week) until the middle of November.....so I am now telling all of my hosts I need their help! If they want the host bonus for the next couple of months from bookings from their shows, then they are going to have to sign up and do the shows themselves! (I know they can't get the host bonus as the consultant....but I figure they can earn the PC $$ and get them that way!;) )

WHOHOO Becky - what a schedule!!!!!!!!!!!!

janetupnorth said:
WHOHOO Becky - what a schedule!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of it is 3-2-1......and some of it is FINALLY referral business. I have had several calls lately from people who were referred to me by a past host or customer - and THEY called ME to book a show!:thumbup:
Almost 5 years in the business, and all of a sudden it is exploding! Confirmation for me that this is where I am supposed to be.;)

That's AWESOME Becky!:balloon: Enjoy all that comission right before Xmas!

Now you can use the rest of the bar pan to knock some sense into this lady....

OMG thanks for the laugh!!!:D

As for the bar pan, I too have one that I've had like 7 years and last fall I got this forboding feeling that it was going to break....got a new one real quick and started it in rotation. My thought was when my 7 year one goes I won't be as shocked and dismayed.....so now, I have 2 awesome bar pans!!!:D

ChefBeckyD said:
Some of it is 3-2-1......and some of it is FINALLY referral business. I have had several calls lately from people who were referred to me by a past host or customer - and THEY called ME to book a show!:thumbup:
Almost 5 years in the business, and all of a sudden it is exploding! Confirmation for me that this is where I am supposed to be.;)

what an inspiration! that is so awesome to hear....and it must make you feel great!

ChefBeckyD said:
So I just posted on the 3-2-1 Accountability thread about my great results.....then I was doing a host coaching call, and mentioned the opportunity, and she said to me "I didn't go to college for 7 years to sell Pampered Chef.".....um, okay.....and thank you very much for just telling me how you really feel about my job!:grumpy:
I really wish I could remember which taped workshop it was, but there is a consultant (obviously high achiever as she presented at conference and was TPC in at 2 categories) who has a VERY impressive background and sell PC. Have you any of you listen to Duska Mills? She gave a very high paying job for a different lifestyle. Obviously your host is impressed with herself. Maybe she is a PhD (not past host discount) or MD, but that was still snide and rude. In the meantime, just keep taking her money and doing shows for her! I hope that is an awesome show!

missyciccolella said:
I really wish I could remember which taped workshop it was, but there is a consultant (obviously high achiever as she presented at conference and was TPC in at 2 categories) who has a VERY impressive background and sell PC. Have you any of you listen to Duska Mills? She gave a very high paying job for a different lifestyle. Obviously your host is impressed with herself. Maybe she is a PhD (not past host discount) or MD, but that was still snide and rude. In the meantime, just keep taking her money and doing shows for her! I hope that is an awesome show!

I know there is an advanced (?) director from here in Michigan who is a successful chiropractor, and also successful with PC.....and I have heard of lawyers, etc.....who have become very successful PC consultants.

ChefBeckyD said:
I know there is an advanced (?) director from here in Michigan who is a successful chiropractor, and also successful with PC....
That would be Deb S. I can't remember her last name. :rolleyes: I was in one of her workshops either at Leadership this year or Conference last year. Really awesome woman. :)

Related to Is Pampered Chef Worth It? My Experience with Highs and Lows

1. Is it difficult to make a profit with Pampered Chef?

No, it is not difficult to make a profit with Pampered Chef. In fact, many consultants are able to earn a full-time income with the company. The key is to consistently book shows and actively market your business to reach new customers. With a comprehensive compensation plan and support from the company, it is possible to earn a substantial income with Pampered Chef.

2. How much time do I need to commit to be successful with Pampered Chef?

The amount of time you need to commit to your Pampered Chef business will vary depending on your goals. Some consultants are able to achieve success by working part-time, while others choose to make it their full-time career. The key is to consistently work on your business and dedicate time to booking and hosting shows, building your team, and marketing your business.

3. Are there any downsides to being a Pampered Chef consultant?

As with any business, there can be some downsides to being a Pampered Chef consultant. Some people may find it challenging to consistently book shows or may experience slow periods in their business. Additionally, there is an initial investment required to get started as a consultant. However, with determination and hard work, these potential downsides can be overcome and the benefits of being a consultant can far outweigh any challenges.

4. What kind of support does Pampered Chef provide for its consultants?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of support for its consultants, including training and development opportunities, a supportive community of fellow consultants, and marketing materials and resources. The company also provides ongoing support from its home office team and offers a comprehensive compensation plan to help consultants achieve their financial goals.

5. Can I still be successful with Pampered Chef if I do not have a culinary background?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef is a company that welcomes individuals from all backgrounds. While a passion for cooking and kitchen products can be helpful, it is not a requirement for success. The company provides all the necessary training and resources to help new consultants learn about the products and the business, regardless of their previous experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jess_K
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • ChefCKHall
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • gilchrist_pchef