• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Commission Donations Tax Deductible?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of doing a fundraiser for an educational trip and the logistics involved. It is suggested to open a separate account for the fundraiser and checks should not be made out to an individual. The conversation also touches on the idea of using host benefits for the fundraiser and the importance of keeping documentation for tax purposes.
cheferikab
Gold Member
Do fundraisers have to be for non-profits? I know a girl who is looking to take an educaitonal trip and her mother wanted to know if she culd do a PC fundraiser for her. Is this possible?

Erika

She can do it, but the check will NOT be made out to an individual. The family will need to open an account with a name like "Suzy Student Trip Fund."

I didn't think they would send the check to her, but I just wanted to double check. Thanks for the idea about the second account. I'll let her know.

When I did a fundraiser for a friend to help pay medical expenses, I just did an account at my bank that had my name, and "Michelle's Fund" listed - then had everyone make out checks to Michelle's Fund. Once the fundraiser was over, I transferred the money from the show to my PC account(there was also money in the account that were added donations from people), to cover the debit from PC, then when the check came - sent to Michelle's Fund C/O Becky Deemter, I deposited it into Michelle's Fund, and wrote out a check for the total amount that was in the account, and closed the account.

Hope that makes sense!:confused:

I heard another idea that I liked... and this will only work if you want more product. What you can do is do the show as normal and keep the host benefits for yourself. Then write the host or whoever the FR is for a check equal to the ammount of your commission. Good way to stock up on things you might want. Just an idea....

tax questionI usually give a percentage of my commission in addition to TPC's 15%. Is that tax deductable if it isn't to a non-profit organization?

Just curious...want to make sure I'm keeping whatever documentation I need come tax time!

Kris

Related to Are Commission Donations Tax Deductible?

What is a Pampered Chef Fundraiser?

A Pampered Chef Fundraiser is a unique way to raise money for your organization or cause. It involves hosting a cooking show with a Pampered Chef consultant, where guests can purchase high-quality kitchen products and a portion of the sales will go towards your fundraising goal.

How do I sign up for a Pampered Chef Fundraiser?

You can sign up for a Pampered Chef Fundraiser by contacting a Pampered Chef consultant in your area or by visiting our website and filling out a fundraising request form. Our team will then connect you with a consultant to schedule your fundraiser.

What percentage of sales goes towards the fundraiser?

The percentage of sales that goes towards the fundraiser varies depending on the total sales of the cooking show. Typically, the percentage ranges from 10% to 15%. However, the more products sold, the higher the percentage will be.

How long does a Pampered Chef Fundraiser last?

The duration of a Pampered Chef Fundraiser can vary depending on the size of your organization and your fundraising goal. On average, a fundraiser can last anywhere from 2-4 weeks. However, your consultant will work with you to determine the best timeline for your specific needs.

What kind of support does Pampered Chef provide for fundraisers?

Pampered Chef provides a variety of support for fundraisers, including marketing materials, fundraising tips, and training for your organization's representatives. Your consultant will also be available to answer any questions and help make your fundraiser a success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
Replies
Views
Leanna
Replies
Views
Sheila