• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apricot/Jalepeno Weird Question

In summary, the author mixed apricot preserves and a chopped jalepeno together and never got to make the brie. The author is wondering if the apricot/jalepeno mixture would still be good after being in the fridge for so long and is wondering if it would be safe to use. The author thinks it would be better to be safe and chunk the mixture.
kam
Staff member
I mixed together the apricot preserves and half of a jalepeno chopped up in a prep bowl. I mixed this together on Feb 3 in anticipation of making the brie. I never got to make the brie.

So now I am wondering if the apricot/jalepeno mixture would still be good??? I think the preserves would be fine (after all, we keep that in the jar in the fridge for a while), but I am not sure about the jalepeno and what effect it has sitting in the preserves that long...

How fast would the jalepeno/apricot mixture go bad?? Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts!!

I would think it would depend on your jalapenos. maybe you can google "food safety" & find an real answer

If the jalapenos still look green, and a sniff test didn't warn me off, I'd use it. If they have turned brown, I'd throw it out.

I agree with the sniff and brownness test mentioned... Since it has been sitting the jalapeno my have warmed (spiced) up the apricots. When my husband makes salsa with seranno peppers the longer it sits the hotter it gets because the peppers let off some of their heat into the rest of the mix.

That would be my only concern if it still smells good.

i would play it safe, put it in a ziplock freezer bag and throw it in the freezer... just nuke it a little when you want to thaw/use it.

*** update *** just noticed you mentioned it has sat in the fridge since feb 3rd! eeek. yeah. sniff/brown test would be my best advice too! I misunderstood you! I thought you had made it recently and weren't ready to use it, and didnt know what to do with it until then!

Last edited:
The jalepenos are still green and look pretty fresh. It smells OK. I agree, I think it may be "hotter" since the peppers have been in the preserves. But it has been almost 2 weeks so I was leary of using it. I was expecting it to look bad and smell bad - and when neither was the case, I thought I would ask. I think I will get rid of it just in case.

I did not know that jalepenos turn brown when bad. Good to know! (I have never bought a jalepeno before trying this Brie recipe!!!)

THANKS!

I would chunk it....
neither are that expensive and the recipe doesn't call for that much to replace it. Better to be safe than sorry.
In salsa you would have the acidity of the tomatoes and white vinegar (if you use it)

Related to Apricot/Jalepeno Weird Question

What is "Apricot/Jalepeno Weird Question"?

"Apricot/Jalepeno Weird Question" is one of our most popular recipes that combines the sweetness of apricots with the spiciness of jalapenos to create a unique and delicious flavor.

Is it difficult to make "Apricot/Jalepeno Weird Question"?

No, the recipe is very simple and easy to follow. It only requires a few ingredients and can be made in under 30 minutes.

Can I adjust the spiciness level of "Apricot/Jalepeno Weird Question"?

Yes, you can adjust the amount of jalapenos used in the recipe to your desired level of spiciness. You can also remove the seeds from the jalapenos for a milder flavor.

What can I serve with "Apricot/Jalepeno Weird Question"?

This dish pairs well with a variety of dishes such as grilled chicken, pork chops, or even as a topping for burgers. It can also be served as an appetizer with tortilla chips.

Can I make "Apricot/Jalepeno Weird Question" in advance?

Yes, you can make this dish in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Just reheat before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sarahmarie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
CHEFINGREEN
  • chefann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefrosalie
  • its_me_susan