• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple Spice Cake

mspibb

Gold Member
May 18, 2005
I made the 3 ingredient recipe in the Rockcrok that was in our newsletter this month. I did my apples with the classic APS instead of the slicer and baked it since I was doing it ahead. I took it to my meeting last night and it was a big hit! My only problem, it didn't slice well - it was messy. Any suggestions?

mspibb

Gold Member
May 18, 2005
Do you use any thickener for the pie filling?
This is the one that uses a spice cake mix and unsweetened applesauce and you slice an apple to put on the bottom of the Rockcrock everyday pan.

Admin Greg

Veteran Member
Staff member
Apr 13, 2004
This is the one that uses a spice cake mix and unsweetened applesauce and you slice an apple to put on the bottom of the Rockcrock everyday pan.
Sure, but maybe you could add a thickening agent to the recipe?

scottcooks

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2005
You need to tell us more - it would be more like an apple cake, unless you cubed/minced the apples down. Maybe use canned pie filling instead and try it? My suggestion is 3-2-1 cake and do it in the microwave. Oil spritz walls of rockcrock (or fluted stone which this recipe was made for) 3 eggs, 2 cups of applesauce/pie filling/sour cream and 1 cup nuts or chips or raisins or such. blend well, nuke for 12 mins until it pulls away from sides of pan.

Denise K

Novice Member
Jul 25, 2016
The 3-2-1 is in ADDITION to a box cake mix I assume, correct??

You need to tell us more - it would be more like an apple cake, unless you cubed/minced the apples down. Maybe use canned pie filling instead and try it? My suggestion is 3-2-1 cake and do it in the microwave. Oil spritz walls of rockcrock (or fluted stone which this recipe was made for) 3 eggs, 2 cups of applesauce/pie filling/sour cream and 1 cup nuts or chips or raisins or such. blend well, nuke for 12 mins until it pulls away from sides of pan.

mspibb

Gold Member
May 18, 2005
If you are talking about the Apple Spice cake I made the three ingredient are a box spice cake mix, 1 1/2 cups unsweetened applesauce and a sliced red apple. There is a sauce of maple syrup cooked down with butter.