• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple Danish Braid W/ Cherries Question

In summary, the recipe calls for an egg to be mixed with the cream cheese to create a "cheese cakey" texture. Other than that, just make it as normal.......I think I'd like cherry better than apple anyway!
AJPratt
Silver Member
Hi... In the morning, I want to make the Apple Danish Braid but w/ Cherry pie filling instead. Any tips? The recipe I have calls for an egg to be mixed with the cream cheese. Is that correct?

No clue but I had to tell you I love your new picture!!

Thanks! I stayed at a B&B and the lady made it, but with some other filling, so I thought why not cherries?

AJPratt said:
Hi... In the morning, I want to make the Apple Danish Braid but w/ Cherry pie filling instead. Any tips? The recipe I have calls for an egg to be mixed with the cream cheese. Is that correct?

The egg makes the cream cheese "set up" so it is more of "cheese cakey" texture, and doesn't run all over the place.

Other than that, just make it as normal.......I think I'd like cherry better than apple anyway!

Can you share the recipe AJ.

SURE!

Apple Danish Braid
1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
2 pkgs. refrigerated crescent rolls
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
1 TBS. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 TBS. maple-flavored syrup
Preheat oven to 375 F. In a bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar until well blended. Add egg mixing until smooth. Chop pecans. Unroll 1 pkg. of
crescent dough; do not separate. arrange longest sides of dough across
width of 12" x 15" rectangle baking stone. Repeat with remaining pkg. of
dough. Roll dough to seal perforations. On longest sides of baking stone, cut dough into strips 1-1/2 inches apart, 3 inches deep using pizza cutter (there will be 6 inches in the center for the filling). spread half of cream cheese mixture evenly over middle of dough. Peel, core and slice apples using A/P/C/S. Cut slices crosswise in half; evenly arrange apple slices over cream cheese mixture.

Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples. Scoop remaining cream cheese mixture over apples; sprinkle with pecans. to braid, lift strips of dough across mixture to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Continue
alternating strips to form a braid. Tuck ends under to seal at end of
braid. Bake 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from oven;
brush with syrup using pastry brush. Cut & serve.

Thank you!!

No problem!

So, I made the recipe and it came out pretty tasty. It was my first braid ever and that is going to need work, but I can practice. The braid was just a hair too long for my stone, so I guess I will have to overlap it a bit.

Sounds yummy~I'll have to give it a try!!

It was! And everyone gobbled it up!

Yum! If you like that you have to try this. I can't do braids, I stick to the wreaths.

Attachments

• CREAMY CARAMEL APPLE BRAID.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 341
I will try it. I am having such a tough time with the braid.

I do wreaths instead of braid too - much easier and the dough is more evenly divided.

Hey Anne, is this going to be on the menu at your coffee shop?

I don't do braids at my shows - I turn them all into rings so that I can put the round stone on the Round Woven Server and show that.

pamperedlinda said:
I do wreaths instead of braid too - much easier and the dough is more evenly divided.

Hey Anne, is this going to be on the menu at your coffee shop?
I doubt it... too much work! LOL

dannyzmom said:
I don't do braids at my shows - I turn them all into rings so that I can put the round stone on the Round Woven Server and show that.
I meant to say I do rings...not wreaths! Oops. And,I have only done one braid. The rings are just prettier.

AJPratt said:
So, I made the recipe and it came out pretty tasty. It was my first braid ever and that is going to need work, but I can practice. The braid was just a hair too long for my stone, so I guess I will have to overlap it a bit.
I'm wondering how you substituted the cherry pie filling for the apples. Did you take out the apples, sugar, cinnamon and syrup?

Hello???? Anyone there?

Yes...that would work JAE!

Thank you Kelly. I have a Homemade for the Holidays brunch in a couple of weeks. I may want to make that one.

Is this the same recipe? This is from one of our cookbooks...this is the recipe I use when doing the danish type ring. You can sub ANY flavor pie filling!

Cherry Cheese Ring
Submitted by Mary Ellen
That's My Home

Ring and Filling
2 pkgs refrigerated crescent rolls’
1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese softened
¼ cup powdered sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
1 can (21 oz.) cherry, peach or apple pie filling

Glaze
½ cup powdered sugar
2-3 tsp. milk

1. Preheat oven to 350°
Unroll crescent dough. Separate into 16 triangles; reserve 4 triangles for decoration. On a large round stone, arrange 12 triangles in a circle with wide ends toward the outside edge of baking stone and points toward the center. Using lightly floured pizza roller, roll dough to 14’’ circle, pressing seams together to seal and leaving a 3 inch hole in the center

2. For filling, in a bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg and vanilla. Spread cream cheese mixture over dough to within ½ inch of the eggs: top with pie filling

3. Using pizza cutter, cut each remaining triangle into thirds, staring at the wide end opposite the point and cutting lengthwise to the point. Arrange dough strips evenly in spoke like fashion over filling. Press ends to seal at center and outer edges

4. Place baking stone on Large Rack. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown: cool slightly. For glaze, mix icing sugar and milk until smooth: drizzle over ring.

So rings are easier than braids? I did a braid once and it was fatter at one end than the other...not very pleasing to the eye! I assume that any braid can be turned into a ring, yes?

P.S. Thank you so much for the recipes, ladies....they look delicious!:balloon:

Denarella said:
So rings are easier than braids? I did a braid once and it was fatter at one end than the other...not very pleasing to the eye! I assume that any braid can be turned into a ring, yes?
You are correct!! Make whatever shape you are comfortable doing...or whatever stone you have! (ring/round...braid/large bar pan)

Awesome! Thanks Kelly!:)

KellyTheChef said:
Is this the same recipe? This is from one of our cookbooks...this is the recipe I use when doing the danish type ring. You can sub ANY flavor pie filling!

Cherry Cheese Ring
Submitted by Mary Ellen
That's My Home

Ring and Filling
2 pkgs refrigerated crescent rolls’
1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese softened
¼ cup powdered sugar
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
1 can (21 oz.) cherry, peach or apple pie filling

Glaze
½ cup powdered sugar
2-3 tsp. milk

1. Preheat oven to 350°
Unroll crescent dough. Separate into 16 triangles; reserve 4 triangles for decoration. On a large round stone, arrange 12 triangles in a circle with wide ends toward the outside edge of baking stone and points toward the center. Using lightly floured pizza roller, roll dough to 14’’ circle, pressing seams together to seal and leaving a 3 inch hole in the center

2. For filling, in a bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, egg and vanilla. Spread cream cheese mixture over dough to within ½ inch of the eggs: top with pie filling

3. Using pizza cutter, cut each remaining triangle into thirds, staring at the wide end opposite the point and cutting lengthwise to the point. Arrange dough strips evenly in spoke like fashion over filling. Press ends to seal at center and outer edges

4. Place baking stone on Large Rack. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown: cool slightly. For glaze, mix icing sugar and milk until smooth: drizzle over ring.

Hi Kelly, I have a few questions on this if you please. is the 1/2 in. of the eggs suppose to be edge? and what is spoke like fashion? I can't seem to get a picture of how this should look. TIA

JAE said:
Hello???? Anyone there?
Sorry,Jae... Always feel free to email or PM me. I don't live on this site like I used to!

This is what I did:

1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup pecans, chopped (REMOVED)
2 pkgs. refrigerated crescent rolls
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and sliced (REMOVED & SUBBED CHERRIES--MOST OF CAN, BUT NOT ALL, JUST EYEBALL IT)
1 TBS. sugar (REMOVED)
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (REMOVED)
1 TBS. maple-flavored syrup

I still kept the maple syrup and brushed it over the top.

1. What ingredients do I need to make Apple Danish Braid with Cherries?

To make Apple Danish Braid with Cherries, you will need frozen puff pastry, apples, cherries, sugar, cornstarch, almond extract, and an egg.

2. Can I use fresh cherries instead of frozen for this recipe?

Yes, you can use fresh cherries instead of frozen. Just make sure to pit and slice them before adding them to the filling mixture.

3. How do I prevent the puff pastry from getting soggy?

To prevent the puff pastry from getting soggy, make sure to thaw it completely before using it. Also, make sure to drain any excess liquid from the filling before placing it on the pastry.

4. Can I add other fruits to the filling?

Yes, you can add other fruits such as blueberries or raspberries to the filling. Just make sure to adjust the sugar and cornstarch accordingly.

5. How do I store leftovers of the Apple Danish Braid?

Leftovers of the Apple Danish Braid can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. To reheat, place in the oven at 350°F for about 10 minutes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefkristin
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefkristin
  • smspamperedchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
  • ChefJWarren