• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple Danish Braid: Need Help? Ask Here!

In summary, the Apple Danish Braid is a dish that can be made using crescent rolls as the dough and a filling of your choice. The wreath recipe that was provided is a good one to start with, and the All the Best cookbook has helpful pictures that can be helpful when making the dish.
chefkristin
Gold Member
I have a show Tuesday night and the recipe is the Apple Danish Braid.
I don't understand from the directions how to make the braid. Can someone please explain? I guess I could always just do the wreath instead. I have that one mastered. Thanks ahead of time.

I made a braid for dinner last night for the first time, because I am doing the cranberry/turkey braid for my November shows and needed to work it out. The rectangle stone is best, but I do not have it, so I did it in my large bar pan. Prepare the filling, then take your crescent rolls, open them, but leave them in the rectangle shape, covering the pan (one at top, one at bottom) use your bakers roller to smooth out the lines, so it is one solid piece. Put the filling down the center, then take your shears and cut even amount to strips down the sides (like fringe- I did 12 on each side) then take each strip, bring it to the center, twisting it at the top, alternating from side to side, all the way up. It looks like braid once it bakes. Once you get to the top, tuck the top and bottom under somewhat, so it is sealed on the ends. Make sure you to the egg white wash. It gives it a nice brown crust. My husband was impressed !!!!

BraidsThat is what I do because Im comfortable in making the wreaths. Never had a problem.:)

I don't know if these pictures will help you any but someone on the group sent them to me.

Attachments

• Braid_Pictures.doc
    240 KB · Views: 352
  • Wreath_Pictures.doc
    249.5 KB · Views: 346
thanksThose pictures sure helped me!

:)

I always tell people that no matter what you do to the briad, it always bakes up wonderfully!

tlennhoff said:
I don't know if these pictures will help you any but someone on the group sent them to me.

Well the wreath recipe is what I've chosen for my very first show (of any kind). At which I'll also be my own consultant - yikes! Any other tips would be more than appreciated.

tlennhoff said:

anyone know what cookbook that is?

I think possibly the stoneware one but I'm not sure as someone emailed it to me.

There are pics of how to do the ring, wreath and braid in the All the Best cookbook. And it looks like the pics above are just scans of that book.

bbauman07 said:
anyone know what cookbook that is?

All the Best cookbook. I like making the ring's because I bring my woven round tray and place my round stone on it. It gives it a nice presentation.

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all your info. I am not so nervous now and I think I might even attempt the braid! I knew I could count on you.:D

1. What ingredients do I need to make an apple Danish braid?

To make an apple Danish braid, you will need puff pastry, apples, sugar, cinnamon, and butter.

2. Can I use a different type of fruit for the filling?

Yes, you can use any type of fruit for the filling. Some popular options are cherry, peach, or blueberry.

3. How do I braid the pastry?

To braid the pastry, roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle. Cut diagonal strips on each side of the pastry, leaving a strip in the middle. Then, fold the strips over the filling, alternating from side to side.

4. How do I prevent the pastry from sticking to the pan?

To prevent the pastry from sticking to the pan, line it with parchment paper or lightly grease it with butter or cooking spray.

5. Can I make this ahead of time and freeze it?

Yes, you can make the apple Danish braid ahead of time and freeze it before baking. When ready to bake, let it thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then bake according to the recipe instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • pampchef.angel
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampchef.angel
Replies