• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Apple Berry Salsa Question

Princess

Oct 16, 2005
Anyone ever made this ahead of time, and how do you prevent the apples from turning brown?

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
soniascookin said:
soak the apples in a citrusy soda - i like squirt.
it prevents them from browing!!

How far in advance can I make this please?

amybee

Nov 12, 2005
You can also spray the apples with lemon juice.
It is a great recipe to make. The baked cinn. chips with it, completes the dip!

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
amybee said:
You can also spray the apples with lemon juice.
It is a great recipe to make. The baked cinn. chips with it, completes the dip!

How much in advance (and how do you store them) can you make the chips? I want to bring this duo to my son's birthday party at the farm...

mary k

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2006
Apples Turning Brown

I use Fruit Fresh on all my fruits that will turn brown. You can find this in the grocery store.:)

lacychef

Legend Member
Feb 15, 2006
Susan, I would say you could make the chips a couple days in advance-just keep them in a ziploc bag.
I made this recipe last night-huge hit...it's my favorite recipe to do for summer shows. I make the chips at home, the salsa at the show. Yum-o!:D

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
mary k said:
I use Fruit Fresh on all my fruits that will turn brown. You can find this in the grocery store.:)

What's it look like? Where do we find this? Thanks!

BTW, are you Mary K.... from "flybabies" ?

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
lacychef said:
Susan, I would say you could make the chips a couple days in advance-just keep them in a ziploc bag.
I made this recipe last night-huge hit...it's my favorite recipe to do for summer shows. I make the chips at home, the salsa at the show. Yum-o!:D

Thanks Lacy!

c00p

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2006
This is one of my all-time fav's and the cinnamon-chips are the best!!! A little time consuming if you make a bunch of them (like I always have to), but wonderful!! I tend to double the fruit salsa and then freeze part of it so I can have it ready when ever the mood hits :) and I've never really thought about the apples turning brown, because you've got the acidity from the orange that will help with that.