1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Anyone use tickets to win prize?

1. babygirl

babygirl Novice Member

For my shows this month I'm planning on using tickets for guests to win a prize. I was thinking they would get tickets for bringing a friend, outside order, spending over $50, booking a show and asking any questions about my job. Then put everyones tickets in the batter bowl and draw a winner.
    Do you think this would get me more bookings? I'm going into my ss3 and I have three shows this month and two book shows. I really want to get as many bookings as possible. I'm also offering anyone that has a show in nov or dec, Than I'll give them an extra $10 in free product for having a show. OR should I bring some $10 items and have the guests pick what they would like for free if they have a show and they will get it the night of their show.
    Please give me any suggestions. I'm doing great soo far, but I really want to get as much free stuff seeing that this is my last ss month.

Oct 28, 2005
  2. ltkacz

ltkacz Guest

I know many consultants who use tickets

I understand however, that you have to continue to use it (for a couple of months) to truly see the results.

As far as giving a $10 product out, I wouldn't. Maybe a Season's Best and perhaps another small (ie citrus peeler) along with it for a drawing, but that's it.

Being in my 3 (as of November) month, I have not tried it yet, however, I have heard great success stories from it.

Oct 28, 2005
  3. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

Tickets are great!

I love to use tickets to enhance my bookings. You have the right idea for why you would give tickets. I give 1 ticket for every $50 they spend, 3 tickets if they bring a friend, 5 tickets if they book a show, and 10 tickets if they are interrested in an opportunity packet.

As far as the cost of the item you give away I suggest something larger than a season's best or citrus peeler. You need to decide how much you want those bookings and sales. I usually give away a great prize such as a skinny scraper, a seasoning, a serrated bread knife ususally $5-$10. I decide how big the prize will be by the response. If I have 3 or more bookings, I will usually draw for two prizes. I always keep prizes in my bag.

Sometimes you have to spend money to make money. But you do need to decide what you can afford to give away. For example, I figure my show average of $650 times it by my commission of 30% that equals $195.00. I can afford to give up to $15 worth of prizes for a show.

I do give the season's best to the hostess! I have the guests sign it for my hostess! They love this!

Oct 28, 2005
Have something to add?