• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Make the Turtle Trifle Yet?

In summary, Sharon Braun made the turtle trifle using one frozen pecan pie and it was very rich. She recommends using a mixer for the marscapone cheese and cream and says the recipe is a bit costly. It would serve about 15 people.
lnicole77
I have a host who would like to make the turtle trifle, and I was wondering if anyone had attempted to make it yet.

I guess my question is about the pecan pie. How many pecan pie's did you buy and how well did it handle for you?

When I think about pecan pie, I can't picture that thawed it would cut into 1 inch cubes very well.

Any advice?

where can I find the recipe for the turtle trifle? I would love to try it.

Sorry I am no help!!!

I actually made the turtle trifle for Easter. I purchased one frozen pecan pie (2lbs...as indicated in the recipe). I let it thaw...and you are right: It didn't really stay in cubes, it kind of smushed together, but it still looked & tasted fine. I also subsituted frozen whipped topping (thawed) for the whipping cream & used a little more fudge & caramel than it called for. It was VERY rich...but very tasty! I've had a ton of requests for the recipe. One thing to note is that it only fills the trifle bowl about half-full

Sharon Braun
[email protected]

Last edited:
dianafeller said:
where can I find the recipe for the turtle trifle? I would love to try it.

Sorry I am no help!!!
There was a "trifle cookbook" (40 pages of recipes) posted on this website. One of the recipes was the turtle trifle.

Sharon Braun
[email protected]

PurplePChefgirl said:
I actually made the turtle trifle for Easter. I purchased one frozen pecan pie (2lbs...as indicated in the recipe). I let it thaw...and you are right: It didn't really stay in cubes, it kind of smushed together, but it still looked & tasted fine. I also subsituted frozen whipped topping (thawed) for the whipping cream & used a little more fudge & caramel than it called for. It was VERY rich...but very tasty! I've had a ton of requests for the recipe. One thing to note is that it only fills the trifle bowl about half-full

Sharon Braun
[email protected]

Thanks for the info, I am going to try to only partially thaw in hopes that the pie will handle better in preparation.

So it only filled half of the bowl, about how many servings did it make?

It is sooo rich, that the serving sizes were pretty small. I would guess it would serve at least 15...but you could get more with even smaller servings.

I made the turtle trifle.

I used one frozen pecan pie, but I kept it refrigerated until it was time for my demo. I was afraid that it would be hard to handle at room temperature, but it was very easy to handle at cool temp. I cut the pie in half, and then into 1 inch pieces so that I had a equal distribution in each layer.

You definitly need to use a mixer for the marscapone cheese and cream, I brought my kitchenaide with me.

I used the EAD for the layer of cream, easier to handle and got to introduce an extra tool.

Recipe is a bit costly, all ingredients cost about $28.00. Does not fill the bowl, but is very rich so small servings are appropriate, and it could easily serve 15 people. Everyone loved it, huge hit!

Related to Anyone Make the Turtle Trifle Yet?

What is the recipe for the Turtle Trifle?

The Turtle Trifle recipe can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in our catalog. It includes layers of brownie, caramel sauce, whipped cream, and chopped pecans.

Do I need any special equipment to make the Turtle Trifle?

No, you do not need any special equipment. The recipe can be made using a trifle bowl or a large glass bowl.

Can I substitute any ingredients in the Turtle Trifle?

Yes, you can use different types of brownies or swap the pecans for another type of nut. You can also use store-bought caramel sauce instead of making your own.

How long does it take to make the Turtle Trifle?

The Turtle Trifle can be made in about 30 minutes, but it does require time to chill in the fridge before serving. We recommend making it a day in advance for the best flavor.

Can the Turtle Trifle be made ahead of time?

Yes, the Turtle Trifle can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until ready to serve. It can be kept for up to 3 days in the fridge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Myra_gourmet_chick
  • thechefofnorthbend
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies