• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Anyone In/Around the Nyc Area?

In summary, her friend is from out of town and is dealing with family violence. She's concerned about how she will get herself and her two children to the airport, and her family is willing to pay for the tickets. She's contacted the representative with the local women's shelter, but wants more options. A mutual friend has offered to be her chauffeur. Her biggest worry is getting her child out of school, but she's been reassured that her safety is more important than the child's school. There are lots of people in the world who have experienced domestic violence, and her husband/boyfriend may not be one of them. Prayers are being sent her way, and we'll keep you updated.
Sheila
Gold Member
I have a friend who lives west of the city, is dealing with family violence and ready to say enough is enough! She's concerned about how she will get herself & her two children to the airport. Her family is willing to foot the bill of the airplane tickets to get them safely home.

Anybody in that area who's willing to give her a ride to the airport? I've suggested that she contact the representative with the local women's shelter and see if they would be willing to do it. But I'd like to give her more options too!

My hands are so tied being stuck on the military base in Japan. I want so badly to fly out there & get her myself, but don't have the funds available. :(

I know there is someone on here right outside of NYC, I can picture her but don't remember her name! Sorry, I hope she sees this. I will keep the family in my prayers that they get out and to a safe place.

Sheila said:
I have a friend who lives west of the city, is dealing with family violence and ready to say enough is enough! She's concerned about how she will get herself & her two children to the airport. Her family is willing to foot the bill of the airplane tickets to get them safely home.

Anybody in that area who's willing to give her a ride to the airport? I've suggested that she contact the representative with the local women's shelter and see if they would be willing to do it. But I'd like to give her more options too!

My hands are so tied being stuck on the military base in Japan. I want so badly to fly out there & get her myself, but don't have the funds available. :(

Really, for her safety, and the safety of her children, she should call the local women's shelter...they are trained to deal with domestic violence, and would know better how to handle getting her away from a potentially dangerous/explosive situation. What if her husband (assuming here) unexpectedly showed up as they were leaving?

What about calling the police? If anything, they would have the number to a women's crisis center near her. Have her call the non-emergency line unless she is under duress, then call 911.

http://www.safehorizon.org/page.php?nav=sb&page=hotline

Lots of prayers to your friend!!

She has been in contact with the local women's shelter and they have an AWESOME program! But she wants out of the area & out of the state. I did recommend that she ask the local shelter rep for a ride ...***UPDATE***...but another mutual friend is close enough that she's volunteered to step up & be her chauffeur. So we have it resolved now! :DNow it's just a matter of convincing her to do it in the next 24 hours! She's worried about pulling a child out of school so close to the end of the year. With my police dispatching background, I've told her that their safety is much more important than the child's school. There are MANY women in this world who never thought that their husband/boyfriend was capable of pouring battery acid on them, dousing them with gasoline & lighting them on fire or murdering them. I stressed that if he finds out that she's planning to leave, that it could put him over the edge. The element of surprise is always the best route in a domestic violence situation ... her Mom & I are trying to convince her to leave ASAP & not procrastinate.Thanks everyone for your thoughts. Please keep her and their children in your prayers for a safe exit.

Sheila, If your mutual friend falls through..pm me..I less than 1 hr. from NYC and can help...which airport??? I am asking this because there are some on here who live close to the 3 different airports and maybe they could help also if need be...prayers and {{{hugs}}} for your friend and children...

lots of thoughts for your friend and her children, please keep us updated!

Thanks Barbara! I'll keep you in mind as a backup. I'm not familiar with all the airports, as I still have not been able to get to NY for vacation, so I'm not familiar with them yet. She was referencing the "big" one if that helps. ;)

LOL, Sheila, they are all BIG...that is how NYC does things!!! email or pm me if she needs help...my email address is [email protected] .....praying for her safety and her childrens also. Tell her there are alot of hugs/prayers being sent her way...

I will keep her and the kids in my prayers!!!! Please keep us updated!!!!

Been praying all night and into today. Please update us with any new developments. This is weighing on my mind big time.

1. What are the most popular Pampered Chef products in the NYC area?

The most popular Pampered Chef products in the NYC area include the Quick Cooker, the Rockcrok, and the Executive Nonstick Cookware Set.

2. Can I attend a Pampered Chef cooking demonstration in the NYC area?

Yes, we have several Pampered Chef consultants in the NYC area who host cooking demonstrations and parties. You can contact us for more information on how to attend one.

3. Are there any exclusive discounts or promotions for Pampered Chef products in the NYC area?

Yes, we often have special discounts and promotions for our products in different regions, including the NYC area. You can check our website or contact a local consultant for more information.

4. How can I become a Pampered Chef consultant in the NYC area?

If you are interested in becoming a Pampered Chef consultant in the NYC area, you can visit our website and click on the "Join Us" tab. From there, you can fill out an application and a consultant will reach out to you with further steps.

5. Are there any Pampered Chef events or conferences held in the NYC area?

Yes, we often hold events and conferences for our consultants in the NYC area. You can check our website or contact a local consultant for information on upcoming events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
Replies
Views
Sheila