• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Have the Mini Fluted Pan in the Outlet?

In summary, the $7ish price for the stone is a good price, but it is unclear if anyone actually uses it. Some people suggest that it is good for mini breads, fruitcake, or small cakes. The star shaped stone is also a popular choice. Would you say that it is worth $11 (price plus shipping) Ann?
redsoxgirl
$7ish is a pretty good price for that, but I'm wondering if anyone has it and actually uses it?

I use it, but just like my other stones, it gets used in "spurts", not necessarily all the time. It's great for mini breads that are a little fancy for gifts. And I use it for fruitcake - smaller than a whole loaf, but pretty. You can also glaze or ice cakes baked in it with orange colored frosting, and they look like pumpkins. :)

Would you say it's worth $11 (price plus s&H) Ann?

Oh come on, you just need another excuse to spend money!

I've been wondering the same thing - I have had my eye on this in the outlet forever, and then when I finally splurged on some other things (to make the S & H worth it) I DIDN'T buy it. But of course I keep going back and looking at them longingly... They are just so cute! But I also wonder how useful... It seems like an odd size, too big for just one person to eat for a dessert... I guess like Ann said they would work well for gifts (like giving a mini loaf of bread wrapped up all pretty!). Or at a dinner party, you could serve it as a "dessert for two" for couples to share :)

Actually, it might be good, because you could make a batch and then freeze 4 or 5 and not have so much cake around to eat!! That's my problem... (typed as I still have a huge amount of chocolate cake sitting in the kitchen just begging to be eaten :) ).

Anyway, now I am just writing the random thoughts that are popping into my head so I'll stop!

So, are you going to buy one?!

wadesgirl said:
Oh come on, you just need another excuse to spend money!

Shoosh it you! ;)

AnnieBee said:
So, are you going to buy one?!

Still not sure. *sigh*

I would say that it's worth the $11. Annabel is right, though, that they are kind of a funny size - too big for 1, too small to cut up for a lot of people, although they are just about right for 2 people to share.

redsoxgirl said:
Shoosh it you! ;)

Still not sure. *sigh*
Right now the song "What are friends for" is playing, I'm just trying to help you with your addiction!

wadesgirl said:
Right now the song "What are friends for" is playing, I'm just trying to help you with your addiction!

I know and I appreciate it :)

I bought one off of the outlet a couple of months ago and have used it a few times. My 3 1/2 yrd old DS LOVES it. It makes pretty cute little deserts. And bread bowls too. I would say it is definitely worth the money.

I bought one when they were $11 plus shipping. Haven't used it yet but I had to have the stupid little thing. I don't even do breads and things like that... Just because you won't use it doesn't mean you don't have to have it!! ;)

Oh, I LOVE mine! I made the velvet chocolate strawberry cake in it for a cluster meeting, and arranged the six cakes on my round stone with the strawberries arranged around them, and then cut the cakes each into quarters with my pizza cutter. I also use them to make gift baskets, and have put them out at shows...I absolutely LOVE it! And what do you mean they are too big for one... I can polish one of those cakes off no problem... especially the chocolate strawberry! ;)

oh how did you know i have been eyeing that forever? based on your recommendations, i have taken the plunge and added it and the slice n serve, pizza cutter (for home) and snk fizz to my happy pc family

I just bought it also, along with the cranberry runner and a Stegosaurus :)

Some of the stuff that was on there went fast! The kid's cookbook, carry tote, cutting boards. Anything else that was put on yesterday gone?

redsoxgirl said:
I just bought it also, along with the cranberry runner and a Stegosaurus :)

Some of the stuff that was on there went fast! The kid's cookbook, carry tote, cutting boards. Anything else that was put on yesterday gone?

Ooh, I bought the stegosaurus, too! My kids are going to love dinosaur pancakes!! They won't eat regular chicken nuggets anymore... just dino nuggets! I am creating monsters!! LOL

jbachen said:
Ooh, I bought the stegosaurus, too! My kids are going to love dinosaur pancakes!! They won't eat regular chicken nuggets anymore... just dino nuggets! I am creating monsters!! LOL

I bought the star one that was on a few months ago also. I hope there are more that come on! :)

I do i love it i use it regardless 2 times a year my son loves giving his teachers pumpkin bread so i make it in this pan instead cause he likes the shape we do this for christmas and at the end of the year and all the teachers love them. They are great for making baked sale items as well... my husband likes the big muffins i make in them he says they taste better. lol i think he just likes the pan, I have boughten me another one since i seen it was on the outlet and i have probably sold 10 of them or better off of the outlet all my customers are sad to hear they took them out of the catalog so i fill them in they are my website outlet and then they go for that and usually end up shopping for more..

I've had it since it came out and love it. I paid $33 for it (retail) then so $11 is quite a buy! I use it for bake sales, little gifts throughout the year. It is great for people to share desserts with! One cake mix fills all 6 wells by the way!

That pan is so cool! I just used it for making big "tire cakes" because my 5 yr old is so into Monster Jams!! Great for a Birthday party all stacked up like in a "junk yard" with big chunks of chocolate that looked like rocks and mashed chocolate cookies.

i have the mini fluted pan and love it, i actually think i may purchase at least one more, i do alot of baking for the holidays, so this would be something very nice to add to my list of options for people to choose from. and also thought about purchasing a few to use as gifts

I've been debating about getting another one too just for the times when I can't wait for it to cool to wash and fill it up again to go back into the oven. A few people ask me about it at bake sales but I don't know if they would buy it or not if I picked up a few more while they are available.

pamperedharriet said:
I've been debating about getting another one too just for the times when I can't wait for it to cool to wash and fill it up again to go back into the oven. A few people ask me about it at bake sales but I don't know if they would buy it or not if I picked up a few more while they are available.

Oh, that is a really good point... Now I want to buy another one, too. I just wish we could use non-PC credit cards to order... As my bank account has gotten a bit low, and I didn't sign up for the PC Credit Card to try to control myself. For all the good that is doing... :( :blushing:

OK, so all of you who have this already, could you try out the recipe I posted yesterday? :) I'd love to know if how well it works for this - and how good it is in general. It is an orange chocolate chunk cake - YUM!

One of my guests was telling me that they make little meat loafs in this and put mashed potatoes in the center.

I keep talking myself OUT of getting this pan....now I'm starting to talk myself IN to getting it! Thanks a lot ya'll.....now where am I going to store it?

pamperedlinda said:
I keep talking myself OUT of getting this pan....now I'm starting to talk myself IN to getting it! Thanks a lot ya'll.....now where am I going to store it?

under your bed or mattress
in the toilet tank
in the trunk of your car
at work
on top of the tv

should I go on? ;)

redsoxgirl said:
under your bed or mattress
in the toilet tank
in the trunk of your car
at work
on top of the tv

should I go on? ;)
LMAO! sorry I asked :chef:

okay. now im convinced i need it too! :chef:

but i dont have a website (yet).
how do i order from the outlet??

go onto CC and under samples, click on order outlet samples

$4 shipping!

no commission obviously, though...

loving the idea of the mini meatloaf and mashed potatoes. nice way to fancy up an ordinary dinner. and also getting more use out of the pan. why i didn't think of that i have no clue. you ladies are just so inspiring to me. i love checking out this website on a daily sometimes every couple of hours basis. lol!!

ChefDella said:
loving the idea of the mini meatloaf and mashed potatoes. nice way to fancy up an ordinary dinner. and also getting more use out of the pan. why i didn't think of that i have no clue. you ladies are just so inspiring to me. i love checking out this website on a daily sometimes every couple of hours basis. lol!!

I like that idea, too.... and now I am thinking individual serving sizes of Shepherd's Pie. MMMMMM...

where is the recipe?
AnnieBee said:
OK, so all of you who have this already, could you try out the recipe I posted yesterday? :) I'd love to know if how well it works for this - and how good it is in general. It is an orange chocolate chunk cake - YUM!

Hi - I just looked at the recipes and cannot find it - please help!

Thanks!

I bought this on the outlet about a month ago and really like it!!! My kids and I made little glazed cakes for a friend's birthday and they were a hit. I LOVE the idea of freezing the cakes! I made the big Strawberry Velvet cake a couple of weeks ago and had to send it to work with DH just to get rid of it-now I can just stick it in the freezer for a treat later!!

Someone mentioned bread bowls, could you tell me how you do that??

My DD made mini cakes in them and used the ganache on top. Her 7 yr. old son helped decorate them with sprinkles, etc. She did a batch of chocolate & vanilla cakes. She put them on a large plastic covered deli platter she had saved from the supermarket. She took them to an event & was accused of buying them.;) She has also done the pumpkin idea.

1. What is the Mini Fluted Pan and what is it used for?

The Mini Fluted Pan is a small baking pan with fluted edges, typically used for baking individual cakes, muffins, or other small desserts. It can also be used for making savory dishes like mini quiches or tarts.

2. Is the Mini Fluted Pan worth buying and using?

Many customers who have purchased and used the Mini Fluted Pan have found it to be a versatile and useful tool in the kitchen. Its compact size allows for easy storage and it produces beautiful, evenly baked treats. For $7 in the Outlet, it is definitely worth trying out.

3. Can the Mini Fluted Pan be used in the oven and the microwave?

Yes, the Mini Fluted Pan is made of stoneware and is safe to use in both the oven and the microwave. It is also safe to place in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.

4. How many servings can the Mini Fluted Pan make?

The exact number of servings will depend on the recipe being used and the size of the individual portions. However, on average, the Mini Fluted Pan can make 6-8 servings.

5. Are there any recipes specifically designed for the Mini Fluted Pan?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes specifically designed for the Mini Fluted Pan. These can be found on our website or in our cookbooks. However, any recipe that calls for a standard muffin or cake pan can also be adapted for use in the Mini Fluted Pan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mombird4
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mombird4
  • mrssyvo
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • heat123