• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Else Had Problems With Batter Bowls??

I ordered 10 of the batter bowls and have to send 6 of them back because the lids are cracked. I've never had this problem before. Very strange.It's strange that you're having this problem too - it sounds like there might be a problem with the batch of batter bowls that you got.
ahammons
I'm selling the batter bowl mixes and have had about 8 ordered so far. Just to be safe, I ordered 10 of them but I have to send 6 out of the 10 back! It's the same problem with all of them - the lids are cracked around the edge. Once I really started looking, I've noticed a rough edge around the rest of them too. Am I the only one who's having this problem??

I have never had this problem before. Very strange:confused:

I don't know what happened, but I'm pretty bummed that I have to send 6 of them back! I was looking forward to getting them done tomorrow, but now I'll have to wait. I'm just glad that I checked them all carefully b/c the crack is hard to notice at first on a couple of them. But on the others, a whole chunk of the lid is broken off. :eek:

I AM!!! My recruiter and I did a Homemade for the Holidays class yesterday and 5 of her 10 bowls had very cracked and dirty lids. Luckily I had some extra....grrr....one of my extras was cracked, too.

When I got my kit the lid to the batter bowl was cracked. When I called HO they just sent me out a new lid. Sorry you're having so much trouble!

Yes, I have had 3 "cracked lid" cases in the last month...

I had one last week as well

I finally got my call back from this morning, and they're going to send out 6 new lids. I really hope I get them before this weekend - my MIL is doing a craft fair and offered to sell some of the batter bowls for me! :D

Would you believe I got a call today about a cracked lid!!!!! This is my first one, I hope they solve the problem with these lids.

I got one also. The guest needed it as a gift that night so I gave her mine. HO has sent me one immediately to replace mine. Its almost as if they are old and brittle the way they are cracking.

I ordered 12 sm batter bowls and got 5 with cracked lids. I called last Thus and got replacement lids Sat. morning. What wonderful shipping time! Only 1 problem, they sent me large lids. I have to call again.

Niki, it's great that they shipped them so quickly - bummer that they were the wrong ones! It's funny, b/c when I called for the adjustment yesterday, I remember the lady saying "Oh, these are the small batter bowls, right?"... I am hoping I get sent the right ones! :)

I just got one, and I'm not at all happy with the lid. The plastic is very stiff, and it's rough around the edges. The edges aren't even, either.Seems like there may be a bad batch of lids right now.

KittyCooks said:
I just got one, and I'm not at all happy with the lid. The plastic is very stiff, and it's rough around the edges. The edges aren't even, either.

Seems like there may be a bad batch of lids right now.
That's what I was thinking... the rest of the lids (that weren't cracked) did seem pretty rough around the edges. I wasn't sure if they'd replace those or not, I guess I could have asked! :rolleyes:

I have a show that will submit this weekend with 3 small batter bowls. There probably will not be time for an adjusment if they come in bad.

Now, sure is a horrible time for them to have a bad batch when they tell us to promote batter bowl mixes! They should check things more closer IMHO.

I got the replacement lids today, and I have to say that they look much thicker than the other ones. At first, I was a little worried though - they were very bent in the box. It took me a few minutes to get them on, but they did fit. :thumbup:

I had one last week also. I thought it was just the cold weather shipping but after reading all these comments, I am beginning to wonder. It is a much different plastic than the one I have and much lesser quality. Hope the replacement will be a little better.

Related to Anyone Else Had Problems With Batter Bowls??

1. What are some common problems with the batter bowls?

Some common problems with the batter bowls include cracking, staining, and difficulty with cleaning.

2. How can I prevent my batter bowl from cracking?

To prevent your batter bowl from cracking, be sure to avoid sudden temperature changes and do not use it in the microwave or oven. Also, avoid using metal utensils or placing it on a heated surface.

3. Can I use my batter bowl for hot liquids?

No, the batter bowl is not intended for use with hot liquids. It is made of stoneware which can crack or break when exposed to extreme temperatures.

4. How do I clean my batter bowl?

The batter bowl is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water to prevent any potential damage. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers.

5. Is the batter bowl microwave safe?

Yes, the batter bowl is microwave safe. However, it is not recommended to use it in the microwave for extended periods of time or to reheat food multiple times in the batter bowl.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mspibb
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • dymplz8
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
crystalscookingnow
  • sandilou