• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Done Caprese Sandwiches at a Show?

In summary, Diane has basil growing well and she is preparing to make Motz Balls. She recommends using a serrated knife to make the cuts in the top of the dough, brushing it with egg white and sprinkling with Italian Seasoning Mix and fresh parmesan cheese. She also recommends using pesto as the filling and topping the Motz Balls with spinach leaves, tomato slices, mozzarella cheese, and pesto. Finally, she suggests garnishing with toothpicks with frills and spinach leaves.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
I need any tips you have. I am doing them tonight. Never had a chance to try them out at home. I went over my recipe really well and made notes but any tips would be appreciated!

THANKS!!!!

The training sheet that came in the new paperwork has really great tips in it. That's what I followed and they turned out great. I had never made them until I was at my show and they are very easy.

Caprese SandwichesDone them a few times. To prepare ahead of time I would wash and chop the basil leaves and save the walnuts for the food chopper demo.
Put in some basil blend canola oil into your mixture so it's not so dry.
They are a BIG hit with everyone so far.
Motz balls I've found $3.49 - $3.99 each in Wisconsin

I did these yesterday for a Wedding Shower and they were awesome and perfect for this. Good quick demo which is what is needed for those. I did a little of the prep work at home (made up the pesto) and put it in a prep bowl. I've made them before and they are always so good!
For drizzling the vinagrette dressing (actually I used some Zesty Italian), I put it in the Measure Mix & Pour at home and just brought it. I had the olive oil already in the spritzer.
I got alot of compliments on the shower and the fact that my demo was quick and we put focus on the bride which is more important. These were great for a shower because the whole demo only took about 10 min tops. While the pocket bread was in the oven, I sliced the tomatoes and cheese. Then we assembled them and I placed them on the Large SA Square and we served them with some little finger sandwiches, fruit and the shower cake that the host provided. Very elegant and appropriate!

It seems to be all I make these days! I make it as a sandwich ring, as suggested in one of the CNs. I think it's heartier and feeds more...

How do you make it?Like a Sandwich Ring? I know its w/ the french bread but is it the same basic recipe just that you use 2 french rolls and how much mozzarella is needed? etc.?

I'd love to make it at my next party. I thought they were delicious but she invited close to 30.

Sandwich RingI made this a couple of times in the last week, and trust me, it is a huge hit!!
This is how I did it:

Form two loaves of refrigerated French Loaf dough into a ring. Using the Serrated Bread Knife, make little cuts in the top; brush the top with egg white and sprinkle with Italian Seasoning Mix and fresh parmesan cheese. Bake at 350 25-28 minutes or until golden brown. Slice to form top and bottom.

For the filling, I found it easiest to mix the spinach leaves with the balsamic dressing. Layer the ingredients on the bread- spinach, tomato, mozzarella, pesto and of course put the top on. Then cut into small pieces. If you have toothpicks with frills, the pieces look really cute.

To garnish, I took some extra spinach leaves and put them in the middle of the ring. I then took four or five extra tomato slices and layered them in a small circle in the middle of the spinach. Then I used the Creative Cutters and cut a star out of a slice of the mozzarella cheese and put that in the middle.

HTH!

Diane

I am doing a HWC fundraiser at my house and fortuantely the basil in my garden seems to be cooperating so far - Nice big leaves for the toothpick garnish

Thanks so much Diane! Id love to be able to serve this at a party.. I had them and they were delicious. I dont have the serrated knife but I'll make due!

1. How do I make Caprese sandwiches at a Pampered Chef show?

To make Caprese sandwiches at a Pampered Chef show, you will need fresh mozzarella cheese, ripe tomatoes, fresh basil leaves, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and crusty bread or rolls. Simply slice the mozzarella and tomatoes, and layer them with the basil leaves on the bread. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.

2. Can I use other types of cheese for Caprese sandwiches?

While fresh mozzarella is the traditional cheese used in Caprese sandwiches, you can certainly experiment with other types of cheese. Some popular alternatives include sliced provolone, feta, or goat cheese.

3. How many Caprese sandwiches can I make with one Pampered Chef product?

The number of Caprese sandwiches you can make with one Pampered Chef product will depend on the size and type of product you are using. However, as a general rule, you can make 4-6 sandwiches with a medium-sized Pampered Chef product.

4. Can I make Caprese sandwiches ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Caprese sandwiches ahead of time, but it is best to assemble them right before serving to ensure the bread stays fresh and the ingredients do not become soggy.

5. Can I add other ingredients to my Caprese sandwiches?

Absolutely! While the traditional Caprese sandwich consists of only mozzarella, tomatoes, and basil, you can add other ingredients to make it your own. Some popular additions include grilled chicken, avocado, roasted red peppers, or pesto sauce.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sklay723
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • byrd1956
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • redsoxgirl