• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Have You Done the Chipotle Chili Corn Bread Bake at a Show?

In summary, the author suggests that the recipe can be tweaked to make it more flavorful, such as using a different type of bean, adding cheese, or increasing the amount of chili powder and cumin. They also suggest that if the host forgets to thaw the ground beef, it doesn't matter, as the spice
TheFreddiesCook
Any ideas for a good turn-out? Does it have to be altered in some way to make it taste really good, or does it work well just the way it is written? What kind of beans did you use? Any tips to say while you are making it?

I am making this at a show on Wednesday, May 5, so any tips would be greatly appreciated so I can practice!!! Thanks!

I like it just the way it's written. Many people don't care for this recipe. When I make it at home I use ground turkey and black beans instead of chili beans and ground beef. I sometimes also add frozen corn to the corbread mixture. I LOVE this recipe! My whole family really enjoy it as well.

Someone gave me a tip that you don't "have" to put it back in to warm up the beans and stuff, it gets warm enough when you cook the corn bread. To me this takes out one more step in the microwave.

Chef Kearns said:
I like it just the way it's written. Many people don't care for this recipe. When I make it at home I use ground turkey and black beans instead of chili beans and ground beef. I sometimes also add frozen corn to the corbread mixture. I LOVE this recipe! My whole family really enjoy it as well.

I use lean ground turkey as well. You don't have to drain it that way. I also make sure that when I scoop the cornbread on, I scoop it around the edges, and spread towards the middle. This keeps it from being too thick in the middle, and not getting done all the way.

I'm just sad that I won't be making it anymore...since we've discovered my son is highly allergic to corn. :cry:

I heard people complaining that it was too spicy so when I made it the first time, I cut down everything by half. BORING. Not only do I make it per the recipe, I now also add one chopped jalapeño (use the Food Chopper ... 20 whacks) to the cornbread mixture. Hosts and guests go wild for it.Remember to drain the heck out of the meat after its initial time in the microwave.

I find it to be a little dry, so you could add a bit of sour cream on top using the Easy Accent Decorator.

To cut the "Spicy" taste and still give it full flavor, try adding 1/2 of the Chipotle to the Cornbread and 1/2 to the meat mixture.

I LOVE this recipe for shows! I make it as the recipe says. No one has seemed to mind the spicyness of it and it actually sells the Chipotle Rub.

Today my host forgot to thaw the ground beef - she kept apologizing and I told her DON'T WORRY! It just added to the "wow" factor of the DCB as I thawed the meat in just a few minutes and it wasn't nasty looking or tasting! That definitely just added to my demo. I'm sort of wondering if I shouldn't have all my hosts keep the meat frozen for me!

I've made it twice now, both times were with modifications. No guests find it too spicy. I use ground turkey instead of beef, and I use 1.25 pounds of 93/7 lean.

When I do the cornbread, I take a MASSIVE handful of shredded cheese (all I can grab) and throw it into the mix. I also add a can of chopped and drained green chilies.

Kicking up the cornbread part of the recipe makes it really interesting and my guests loved it. My husband tried to eat half of the DCB all by himself, when I kitchen tested it.

Good luck making it!

It's funny - everyone who says that it's not to spicy, or possibly not spicy enough, is from AZ, or southern CA. :D

Here in MI, our tastebuds aren't used to as much heat...and made as is, it was too spicy. I cut the Chipotle Rub in half, and find that to be about right. BUT, I also change other things about it. I do use the 1.25 lb package of ground turkey, and I don't use chili beans. I add a 8 oz can of tomato sauce, and use black beans, or red beans, and I add some chili powder and cumin, and a clove of garlic.

I've done this recipe at several shows. The first one I did without the Chipotle rub and everyone loved it and the second time had the rub added and everyone loved it to. I don't drain the meat and it still comes out great. You really need to let the bake sit for 5 minutes for the inside of the cornbread to set up.

I've made this at a show, and think it's a wonderful show recipe, because it's quick and easy, delicious, and shows off great tools. Here are my tips:
* Use 93% or less (less being a higher %) fat ground beef, so you don't have to worry about draining (this is actually a good tip for every day life, because you're saving money by buying a smaller package, and having more meat retained after cooking).
* Sprinkle the cheese over the bean/meat mix before adding the cornbread mix.
* Add a few minutes to the final cooking time than what the recipe calls for, because the cornbread does NOT cook completely in this short amount of time, but you don't know it until you're cutting into the final product.

It is one of our favorite recipes! My whole family loves it! I don't make any changes to the recipe.

1. What is the recipe for the Chipotle Chili Corn Bread Bake?

The recipe for the Chipotle Chili Corn Bread Bake can be found in the Pampered Chef recipe book or on our website. It includes ingredients such as ground beef, corn bread mix, chipotle peppers, and cheese.

2. Can I make any substitutions in the recipe?

Yes, you can make substitutions based on your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use ground turkey instead of ground beef or use a gluten-free corn bread mix.

3. How long does it take to make the Chipotle Chili Corn Bread Bake?

The total preparation and cooking time for this recipe is approximately 45 minutes. However, this may vary slightly depending on your oven and cooking methods.

4. Can this recipe be made ahead of time?

Yes, you can prepare the Chipotle Chili Corn Bread Bake ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to bake. Simply add a few extra minutes to the cooking time to ensure it is heated through.

5. Is this recipe suitable for a large group?

Yes, the Chipotle Chili Corn Bread Bake is a great option for feeding a large group. You can easily double or triple the recipe to accommodate more people. You can also serve it with additional toppings such as sour cream, avocado, or salsa for a fun and customizable meal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thehaleykitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefheidi2003
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
mountainmama74
  • esavvymom