• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Doing Any Networking Groups??

In summary, the conversation revolved around networking groups and the various options available. Some mentioned included Meetup.com, local chambers of commerce, and BNI (Business Networking International). While some found these groups to be beneficial for their businesses, others found them to be too expensive. Ideas were also shared on how to make these groups more affordable and diverse.
Kathytnt
I am hoping I will get better at this with the COntacting with Confidence at Conference. Does anyone participate in any neworking groups? I have seen several in my area including ones thought Meetup.com

I am not usually shy but it is a different situation that just running into someone or talking to someone at a show.

Need some tips and ideas

Kat

All the networking groups I've seen cost $$ I don't have. Some of us friends have a kind of "unofficial" group. One of us does Arbonne, P Chef, Party lite, Avon, Body Shoppe, etc. We all recommend eachother when conversations come up. Also, we've swapped shows and I've had several leads by doing that. I have a potential recruit (fingers crossed) from a party I just did for my Body Shop consultant. Plus, my parents own a dance studio and offer coreography to engaged couples for their dance at the wedding. They let me put up PChef wedding registry brochures there. If I ever get someone to register, I can also recommend my parents for dance lessons. WinWin.

I belong to several through Meetup.com. Some are "mommies" groups and some are "work at home" types. How about your local chamber of commerce?

My local chamber costs $250+ a year A little rich for my blood

I am part of the local Meetup but have not been to a meeting yet. Perhaps Wednesday

When I was a Personal Chef, I belonged to a BNI group (Business Networking International). It was the lifeblood of my business. I couldn't afford print advertising, so this, although it sounded expensive, was an economical way to get HOT leads (as opposed to cold calling & mass mailings). I was successful in my business - and owe alot of that success to BNI. I think it is the best way to market when you are a small business owner.

As a Pampered Chef - I'm not as sure if it is the most economical way to get business. Plus, now I am also a SAHM, and it would be much harder to make those mandatory weekly 7am meetings!

Don't remember the actual cost, but it seems like it was $350 per yr, and then a weekly fee for the meeting room usage.

Yikes - 7 am meeting that you have to pay for and $350 a year Not sure that fits in my PC budget

Kathytnt said:
Yikes - 7 am meeting that you have to pay for and $350 a year Not sure that fits in my PC budget

No - not mine either. In my other business - it was my total advertising/marketing budget, besides a flyer & a business card.......we have so many other ways w/ PC to get the word out.....and most of my bookings, etc...come from shows - so I don't think BNI would be the way I would want to spend my time and money with PC.......it is a GREAT group though - I have some great friends, and PC clients that I met through my BNI group.

I checked out BNI and CBN both too pricey for me. The dues are paid quarterly though (at least that's how it works here) and it does cover the cost of your meal. Then of course they tack on "fines" for various reasons and "merits" for others. It's a great concept but I think it would be more advantageous to others if they lowered the membership fee (yes I know they have to cover the cost of meals or the meeting room) If I were queen of the world I would alternate locations and alternate people bringing the food. You would make more on volume and a more diverse group as well. This is also my master plan for all of those fairs and exhibits that charge up the whazoo for booth rentals. ***Oh if I were only queen! :D

yummy4tummy said:
I checked out BNI and CBN both too pricey for me. The dues are paid quarterly though (at least that's how it works here) and it does cover the cost of your meal. Then of course they tack on "fines" for various reasons and "merits" for others. It's a great concept but I think it would be more advantageous to others if they lowered the membership fee (yes I know they have to cover the cost of meals or the meeting room) If I were queen of the world I would alternate locations and alternate people bringing the food. You would make more on volume and a more diverse group as well. This is also my master plan for all of those fairs and exhibits that charge up the whazoo for booth rentals. ***Oh if I were only queen! :D

With my BNI group, they actually wanted me to bring in the food (For a fee) but the meeting place wouldn't allow food brought in from other places. And I would hate to have to remember where my meeting was every week at 7 am!:rolleyes: There are many BNI groups in my area, and you choose which one you want to belong to based on location. It's a closed membership - only 1 person from each profession can belong to a group. I chose a location in the Northwest part of GR, because it is a higher income bracket area, and my Personal Chef service was better marketed in that area.

Christ Follower said:
All the networking groups I've seen cost $$ I don't have. Some of us friends have a kind of "unofficial" group. One of us does Arbonne, P Chef, Party lite, Avon, Body Shoppe, etc. We all recommend eachother when conversations come up. Also, we've swapped shows and I've had several leads by doing that. I have a potential recruit (fingers crossed) from a party I just did for my Body Shop consultant. Plus, my parents own a dance studio and offer coreography to engaged couples for their dance at the wedding. They let me put up PChef wedding registry brochures there. If I ever get someone to register, I can also recommend my parents for dance lessons. WinWin.
I read about the BNI group before and thought it was very interesting (but to expensive for my PC biz) but...
This is a great idea, I just emailed a group of DS gals that I know and asked if they would be interested in something like this! Thanks for the info!

ChefBeckyD said:
When I was a Personal Chef, I belonged to a BNI group (Business Networking International). It was the lifeblood of my business. I couldn't afford print advertising, so this, although it sounded expensive, was an economical way to get HOT leads (as opposed to cold calling & mass mailings). I was successful in my business - and owe alot of that success to BNI. I think it is the best way to market when you are a small business owner.

As a Pampered Chef - I'm not as sure if it is the most economical way to get business. Plus, now I am also a SAHM, and it would be much harder to make those mandatory weekly 7am meetings!

Don't remember the actual cost, but it seems like it was $350 per yr, and then a weekly fee for the meeting room usage.

I do belong to a BNI group, a rather large one at that. The dues are $325 a year, plus $20 a month for breakfast and room charge. It is a lot of money, but they have saved my butt more times than I can count. This month for instance, I couldn't keep a show on my calendar to save my soul. I brought a salad spinner into one of my meetings, and at this time, I have orders for 3 and a food chopper! That's a show right there. \

I generally get a "show" out of their orders every month. In addition to that, I have done 2 shows, and have a 3rd one booked for Aug from one of the members.

The 7 am meeting is a bit of a pain, esp for me who is NOT a morning person, but it's about committment to the group. And, it gets me up and our early at least one morning a week.

PamperChefCarol said:
I do belong to a BNI group, a rather large one at that. The dues are $325 a year, plus $20 a month for breakfast and room charge. It is a lot of money, but they have saved my butt more times than I can count. This month for instance, I couldn't keep a show on my calendar to save my soul. I brought a salad spinner into one of my meetings, and at this time, I have orders for 3 and a food chopper! That's a show right there. \

I generally get a "show" out of their orders every month. In addition to that, I have done 2 shows, and have a 3rd one booked for Aug from one of the members.

The 7 am meeting is a bit of a pain, esp for me who is NOT a morning person, but it's about committment to the group. And, it gets me up and our early at least one morning a week.

Oh - I think that BNI is a great group, no arguments there! - but I have less income, and more expenses now than I did then, and many more ways to market my business that don't have that much of an expense......plus, finding a sitter to come to my house at 6:30 in the morning would really be difficult!;)

What are some examples of networking groups?

Some examples of networking groups include professional associations, business organizations, community groups, alumni networks, and online networking platforms.

How can joining a networking group benefit me?

Joining a networking group can benefit you in a variety of ways, such as expanding your professional network, gaining access to new opportunities and resources, and improving your networking and communication skills.

How do I find a networking group that is right for me?

There are several ways to find a networking group that is a good fit for you. You can start by asking for recommendations from colleagues or searching online for groups in your industry or area of interest. You can also attend networking events and conferences to connect with others and learn about different groups.

Do I have to pay to join a networking group?

Some networking groups may require a membership fee, while others may be free to join. It is important to research the group and its benefits before joining to determine if the cost is worth it for you.

What can I expect from a networking group meeting?

Networking group meetings can vary in format and structure, but typically they involve introductions, networking activities, and possibly a presentation or guest speaker. The goal is to connect with others, share information and resources, and build professional relationships.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithjennifer@gmail
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DanielleQ