• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone have experience with BNI and its effectiveness for business referrals?

In summary, the BNI referral organization is similar to The Chamber. They focus on referring business to each other and the groups around here are wonderful. Members are getting a lot of business from it, but it is up to the individual to take advantage of that. There is no solicitation allowed and it is all word of mouth. Carol is a member of the local chapter and has been doing well. She recommends volunteer organizations as a way of expanding one's circle of contacts.
AmyjonesPC
www.BNI.com

This is a referral organization similar to The Chamber. This organization really focuses on referring business to each other and the groups around here are wonderful.

My questions are:

Is anyone currently a member of BNI?

If so, are you getting a lot of business from it?

I have a chance to be on the leadership team, so I really want to make this work, but if anyone has had any experiance with them, I'd love for you to share.

TIA,

Amy

my husband did it with his business and did not get any response. I am a memberof a few networking groups and have not gotten 1 sale from them.

My husband has been a member for several years. It has been good for his roofing business but director selling people do not last long and do not get many sales.

Ann

I belong to our local chapter. Have done two shows, and have some people working on their churches for fundraisers. Have a show booked in Jan from them, a mystery host catalog show, and a possible spring show. Have sold about $100 in products in the past month.

That being said, I joined in Sept, so I think I am not doing bad. I think it's like anything... you get out of it what you put into it. We have to do a 45 second commercial each meeting and I have spoken about our Baywatch line of products, and this past week introduced them to the Wonderbra of kitchen gadgets.. our measure all cup. That sent everyone into fits of laughter.

Every group is different. I would suggest you visit, you can visit 3 times before you have to join, or maybe sub for a while to get the feel of the group.

On a totally different group idea....I am a member of the Junior League and that has supported me incredibly. Not just for my business, but personally as well. And I am no where near what you would expect a "Junior Leaguer" to be. You might want to consider volunteer organizations as a way of expanding your circle of contacts.

Carol, I am a Leaguer too! What have you found to be the best way to get the word out to your fellow members? I have worked it into conversations where appropriate, and added my weblink to the siggy of my personal email I use for League contact as well.

lisacb77 said:
Carol, I am a Leaguer too! What have you found to be the best way to get the word out to your fellow members? I have worked it into conversations where appropriate, and added my weblink to the siggy of my personal email I use for League contact as well.

How cool... another one of us!!

Our league is extremely supportive, which I really appeciate it. My signature on all of my emails has it on, and that has garnered me quite a few orders. I get "I didn't know you did PC... I need..." pretty often. Then one member wanted to do a combo show to help out a friend who started Silpada and asked me to come, too. That garnered me a $700 show. I also have the catalog tote that I tote everywhere.

You have to be careful. We have, and you probably do too, a no solicitation policy, so selling or using the email/address list, etc is out. It's basically word of mouth. That, and the fact that I have been an active member for 10 years and everyone seems to know me, or of me! Then again, I am very friendly and outgoing to all new members, transfers, etc. I also double place, do more volunteer hours than is required, and volunteer for any special committee that I might be a help on. Is your league doing Kids in the Kitchen this year?? That might be a good place to get extra involved.

When I introduce myself, Pampered Chef isn't the first thing out of my mouth, but I always get around to it.

Very cool Carol, sounds like a lot of the same things are working for you too! Yes, I think no solicitation is a national deal. And I'm the same way, I wait til I'm comfy to mention. It's my 2nd year in this League so I am working my way into more involvement and non-credit placements. Kids in the Kitchen is a great idea!

1. What is BNI?

BNI stands for Business Network International. It is a professional networking organization that helps members grow their businesses through referrals and connections.

2. How does BNI work?

BNI members meet on a weekly basis to network and exchange referrals. Each member represents a different profession or industry and is responsible for bringing referrals for other members in their network.

3. How can I become a member of BNI?

To become a member of BNI, you need to attend a BNI chapter meeting as a guest and submit an application. Your application will be reviewed by the membership committee and if accepted, you will be invited to join as a member of the chapter.

4. What are the benefits of being a BNI member?

As a BNI member, you have the opportunity to network with other professionals, build relationships, and receive qualified business referrals. BNI also offers training and development opportunities to help you grow your business and improve your networking skills.

5. Is there a cost to join BNI?

Yes, there is a membership fee to join BNI. This fee varies depending on the chapter and location. There may also be additional fees for events and training, but these are optional and not required for membership.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • Chefgirl2
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • Sheila