• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Pregnant or New Mothers...consultants??

In summary, Heather found it tiring to be a consultant during her third trimester, but she is excited to continue working while she is pregnant. She also found that her sales didn't go down while she was pregnant. She recommends that pregnant consultants try to schedule shows around their due date to avoid taking a leave of absence.
PCCHeather0506
Silver Member
I just found out that I'm pregnant, and I was wondering how Pampered Chef works for you being pregnant? Do you find it's tiring? Do you have a rolling case to carry your products instead of totes? How were you or will you be going back to work.....will you take some time off? Do book parties? I'm trying to get an idea of how this will be for me. Thanks for any advice or suggestions!!

I'm pregnant too! Congrats! I find it is tiring once I am at home, but I am so excited before my shows, that it's really no different than before. I do have the rolling case that I take to my shows. Most of the time the husband or host offer to carry my stuff in and I take them up on it. I am scheduling catalog shows for June and July (around my due date) so that I don't have to take a leave of absence from Pampered Chef. They do allow that though, you just need to call home office!! It's great, I will be making commission and staying home with my newborn!

Congratulations again!

Congrats Heather!! We have a bunch of pregnant ladies and new moms here, and I am sure many are consultants in general! I am in my third trimester (I just put the belly pic up on this thread: http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=18911&page=5)
and doing better now than I was before the pregnancy. In March I did 10 shows and it definetely wore me out. I get a lot of help loading and unloading my products and I just have the new consultant bag (the black one) and my old red crate for dirty dishes. I have pared down what I bring to shows so I don't have to carry as much, and haven't found that my sales have gone down or anything!

I am due June 19th, but will probably have her sometime close to the end of May. I am scheduling shows as if I wasn't pregnant at all because I can always cancel later if I am too uncomfortable or in labor, but I won't be able to call people and get a show for that day closer to the time. I figure that I could always bring my sister along with the baby when she is a few weeks old and do a quick demo and have an excuse to get out of there!

Congrats on the pregnancy. Is this your first child?

I just started Pampered Chef but I was a consultant for Partylite while pregnant with my daughter. I was able to do parties up until 8 1/2 months.

I would just ask the host if there would be someone there to help me carry my bags up any stairs, and I used all rolling bags.

As I got "bigger" I didn't do a "presentation" I handled it like an open house or a vendor night. Setup a small display and be there to answer questions and receive orders.

Toward the end, I only did parties for family or friends that lived close to my home or the hospital. That way there was always someone to drive me to the hospital if needed.

That is what worked for me. I am hoping that it will work for PC as well (we are hoping to be pregnant soon) I will just bring a mostly prepared recipe.

Good luck with the new baby!!

Heather,

I became a consultant about 5 weeks before I had my 3rd child. I did my 1st show a little less than a month before he was born and did my 6th show (that's how many you had to do to qualify at the time) a fews days before I had him. After he was born, I offered "maternity leave" catalog shows and picked up cooking shows again about 5 weeks afterwards. He was a c-section baby so it took me a little longer to get back on my feet.

My biggest problem was sciatica. In my first shows, I only demoed one recipe so it wasn't so bad. All of my hostesses during that time offered me a chair to sit in while I demoed. I admit I did have to take one lady up on the offer for a few minutes. But all in all not too bad. It really worked out for me. Besides, that's the beauty of this business. You do what works for you. ;) Congrats on your pregancy!

LOL! I did part of a show from a chair last month! I tried but couldn't "think right" without standing up!

I'm newly pregnant too--just 12 weeks. I had my busiest month in March & it didn't seem bad at all, so I'm going to book as much as I can now. Might as well earn as much money as I can now since I'm due in mid-October & am not sure how much I'll be able to do the last 3 months of the year. I don't plan on taking any time off. I'm going to try to get some catalog shows in October & depending on when the baby is born, I may try a cooking show or two with family in November. I never do more than 2-3 shows in December anyway, so I'll probably try that again this year & then take a few weeks around Christmas off. This baby is #2--I joined when #1 was 5 months old.

The main problem I've had with my pregnancy is I'm just SOOOOO tired. I don't have any energy to even try making customer care calls, so that has been suffering. I'm hoping when I hit the 2nd semester I'll get more energy & can catch up with them. I also don't have much motivation to try to get bookings. I used to ask every person at the show, but lately I've just been booking if they check their order form or drawing slip. Hosts & their hubbies have been helping me bring my stuff in & out & my hubby loads my car at home. I just take my red crate & the tote from the show to go & my laptop bag & my TTA tote. I try not to load them too heavy. I may try to bring my rolling case, but that thing is so heavy to get in & out of the car!

I would suggest that you just do what you can & when. But I wouldn't let your business slip too much b/c then it will be extra hard trying to start over again with a newborn! Good luck!

I got two recruits when I was 10-12 weeks preggo! One lady called me and asked for a show. I was so tired that I told her that I couldn't do it but that she could do it herself and make the commission of it! She signed and so did my hostess for the next weekend that I had to cancel on!

This is our first!! WOW Gillian you look GREAT!! I will definitely get the rolling case...have any of you just used a suit case? Or would you really suggest the pampered chef rolling case? I don't mind getting it just wondering what you all think? I've only been doing PC now for not even two months!! I LOVE IT!! I totally want to do only PC after the baby is born...but I have to make enough money to leave my job. So I've been pushing!!! Thanks for all the advice...it's really helpful!!

I forgot to say that the PC Maternity shirt is on clearance at VIP for $20. I sleep in mine a lot because it is SO soft. I know we are getting a new vendor, but not till June and it might be a little late for some of you!

1. Can I still host a Pampered Chef party if I am pregnant or a new mother?

Yes, absolutely! Hosting a Pampered Chef party is a fun and stress-free way to get together with friends and family. As a pregnant or new mother, you can still enjoy the benefits of hosting a party, such as earning free products and exclusive discounts.

2. Are there any products that are not safe for pregnant or breastfeeding mothers?

Our products are designed with safety in mind, and our materials have been tested to be safe for use. However, if you have any concerns, we recommend consulting with your doctor before using any products.

3. Can I still become a Pampered Chef consultant if I am pregnant or a new mother?

Yes, you can! In fact, many of our successful consultants are mothers who have found a flexible and rewarding career with Pampered Chef. We offer training and support to help you balance motherhood and your business.

4. Are there any special discounts or offers for pregnant or new mothers who become consultants?

We do not have any specific discounts or offers for pregnant or new mothers, but we do offer various incentives and rewards for all consultants, such as product discounts and bonuses for reaching sales goals.

5. How can I incorporate Pampered Chef products into my pregnancy or postpartum journey?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that can be useful for pregnant or new mothers. For example, our Quick Cooker is perfect for making healthy and quick meals during pregnancy or postpartum. Our Rockcrok collection is also great for batch cooking and storing meals for busy moms. We also have products specifically designed for making baby food, such as our Manual Food Processor and Baby Food Maker. Talk to your consultant for more recommendations on how to use our products to make your pregnancy or postpartum journey easier.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PCCHeather0506
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • nashaynelson
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
nashaynelson
  • ksmedic