• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pregnant at Conference...go or No???

In summary, there is a discussion about attending a National Conference or Leadership Summit while being considerably pregnant. The person asking the question is 8 months along and would hate to miss out on the event. There are concerns about flying and a long road trip at that stage of pregnancy. Some suggest talking to a doctor and checking airline guidelines. Others mention the amount of walking involved and the difficulty of getting in and out of cars. The original poster is 16 and a half weeks pregnant and is considering attending the event at 35 weeks, but is aware that her doctor may advise against it. There is a lot of excitement and celebration happening within her team and she does not want to miss it. Another participant mentions that there is a lot of walking
OhmyDLM
Silver Member
Has anyone ever attended a National Conference or Leadership Summit when they were considerably pregnant? I'll be 8 months along but would hate to miss out on such a wonderful event, not to mention there will be a lot of celebrating to do this year on my team and with sister consultants. I hate to miss it!

What are everyone's thoughts? I'm from Maine and there are no direct flights, nor do I think airlines would let you fly that pregnant. Would a road trip that long at 8 months be out of the question?

Talk to your doctor and see what he recommends. If it were me, I wouldn't go that close to delivery. When I had DS I was afraid to go 1 hour south of here to visit my hubby's grandmom when I was that pregnant :)

Last time I was PG my Doc said no travel after 35 weeks. Driving might require lots of pee breaks. lol.

I went camping an hour away 3 weeks before my due date. BUt, I don't think I would have left my state. You will feel sooo different when the time is there, you may not even want to go.

OhmyDLM said:
Has anyone ever attended a National Conference or Leadership Summit when they were considerably pregnant? I'll be 8 months along but would hate to miss out on such a wonderful event, not to mention there will be a lot of celebrating to do this year on my team and with sister consultants. I hate to miss it!

What are everyone's thoughts? I'm from Maine and there are no direct flights, nor do I think airlines would let you fly that pregnant. Would a road trip that long at 8 months be out of the question?

See what your doctor says. If you are safe to fly, check the airline guidlines. Some require a written note from your doc.

There is A LOT of walking too.

OH there is walking??? Hmm, at the end it is SOOO much effort to walk!! Put shoes on, all the basics...Actually now that I think of it, it was better to walk then to get in and out of cars. I used to choose to walk long distances rather than get back in the car. DH thought I was crazy.

Sorry, not trying to scare you, I am currently 9 weeks PG and thinking of all the fun that is to come for me soon. How far along are you Darcy? I could do the math, but that would take way too much effort. :)

PCMelissa said:
How far along are you Darcy? I could do the math, but that would take way too much effort. :)

Ha Ha, I'd rather have someone tell me than do the math too! I'm 16 1/2 weeks right now. I should be about 35 weeks at conference...

I know things will change and I'll definately be consulting with my doc who I know is going to tell me not to go LoL, but I WANT TO SOOOO BAD! There's just way too much going on with my over all team this year I can't even begin to imagine missing out on it and seeing all the people I've cheered on and supported throughout the years cross the stage and get that special recognition!

PCMelissa said:
OH there is walking??? Hmm, at the end it is SOOO much effort to walk!! Put shoes on, all the basics...Actually now that I think of it, it was better to walk then to get in and out of cars. I used to choose to walk long distances rather than get back in the car. DH thought I was crazy. Sorry, not trying to scare you, I am currently 9 weeks PG and thinking of all the fun that is to come for me soon. How far along are you Darcy? I could do the math, but that would take way too much effort. :)
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!(only laughing Melissa, because we literally walk MILES every day at conference!)

OhmyDLM said:
Ha Ha, I'd rather have someone tell me than do the math too! I'm 16 1/2 weeks right now. I should be about 35 weeks at conference...

I know things will change and I'll definately be consulting with my doc who I know is going to tell me not to go LoL, but I WANT TO SOOOO BAD! There's just way too much going on with my over all team this year I can't even begin to imagine missing out on it and seeing all the people I've cheered on and supported throughout the years cross the stage and get that special recognition!

Hmmmm, I had my baby @ 35 weeks.....

I had mine at 36 weeks, but I had considerable trouble throughout the pg. My oldest dd was born @ 39 weeks & I definitely could have gone to conf at 35 weeks with her. Not with my other 2 though. :)

I went to conference two years ago when I was 34 weeks and it wasn't too bad. My doctor allowed me to fly, so that was just a little uncomfortable (I flew from California!), and the walking was a little hard. Of course it is so much easier when you are not pregnant, but if I was the same amount of weeks along, I'd do it again.

This year I am due at the end of July, so it's too close for me to attend! :cry:

Darcy~

I agree with others here...go with your doctor's say so, and by how you feel. I know that's hard to plan how YOU will be doing in July, but that would be my advice. Evan was born at 36 weeks and I had worked up till Friday, April 1st and went into labor that Sunday. I don't think I would have been traveling at that point, though. I know it sucks, but remember that your safety and the baby's safety are priority here! (I know you know this...just reminding you!! LOL) Good luck deciding!

A consultant in our group went when she was 6 months pregnant last year. She had a wonderful time. I really didn't think it was that much walking but then again, I'm used to that kind of stuff.

Yes, there is a lot of walking. I don't mind doing it, but I wasn't pregnant. I noticed there wasn't a lot of places to sit around when waiting, too. I remember sitting on the floor with some people right by the check in area while we were going through our new conference bag. No place to sit when waiting for the buses, either. Only once did I wait a really long time for a bus. Just FYI.

Wheelchairs are also available but you'd need to have that arranged ahead of time I think.

My director went when she was prego w/baby #4 and about 34-36 weeks. She was swelling and was pushed in a wheelchair most of the time.

You may want to wait as long as you can to decide. I haven't been to conference but I am only one week from delivering my third. I stayed very active (obviously this is #3! LOL!) I felt really good at eight months. I think it was b/c I was so active this time. As long as you can fly and fell up to it I would? If something changes could you get a refund on reg. fee and the plane ticket?

1. Should I attend the conference if I am pregnant?

It is ultimately up to you and your doctor to decide if it is safe for you to attend the conference. We recommend consulting with your healthcare provider before making a decision.

2. Will there be accommodations for pregnant attendees?

Yes, we will do our best to accommodate any special needs or requests for pregnant attendees. Please let us know in advance so we can make necessary arrangements.

3. Are there any dietary restrictions for pregnant women at the conference?

We will have a variety of food options available at the conference, including options for dietary restrictions. If you have any specific concerns or dietary needs, please let us know in advance.

4. Will there be any special activities or sessions for pregnant attendees?

We do not have specific sessions or activities for pregnant attendees, but we will do our best to make the conference comfortable and enjoyable for all participants.

5. Can I bring my partner or support person with me to the conference if I am pregnant?

Yes, you are welcome to bring your partner or support person with you to the conference. They will need to register separately and pay the registration fee, but they are welcome to attend with you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • legacypc46
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76