• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Other Geocachers Out There??

In summary, a geocacher is someone who participates in the outdoor game of geocaching, which involves using GPS coordinates to find hidden containers, or "geocaches," in various locations around the world. To become a geocacher, you simply need to create a free account on a geocaching website, such as Geocaching.com, and download a geocaching app on your smartphone. When geocaching, it is important to bring a GPS-enabled device and a pen or pencil. There are rules and guidelines to follow when geocaching, including respecting the environment and always replacing the geocache as you found it. You can geocache alone or with a group, but always make sure to let someone know where
Kattyschack
Gold Member
My DH has been geocaching on and off again for the past 2 years. I went with him once, but it wasn't until the 4th of July weekend when we spent 2 full days geocaching, that I truly became addicted. Now I can't stop searching for new caches on the website.

Anyone else as addicted as me?

What is it?

I had a thread on it here in the past. DH goes out occasionally and we've had the kids out too.

It is kind of like treasure hunting. You can go to geocaching.com and they have all kinds of small caches hidden all over the place. Most require you to have some sort of GPS unit to track them down, but not all of them. You use clues to track down a small container that usually contains a log to track who has found the item and a small trinket to take and then you leave one in it's place. The trinkets can be hot wheel cars, pins, buttons, tokens, etc. This adventure takes you to places you normally wouldn't visit. You would be really surprised where some of the items are hidden. There were tons hidden in the park near our house that we frequent often and never knew they were there.

Related to Any Other Geocachers Out There??

1. What is a geocacher?

A geocacher is someone who participates in the outdoor game of geocaching, which involves using GPS coordinates to find hidden containers, or "geocaches," in various locations around the world.

2. How do I become a geocacher?

To become a geocacher, you simply need to create a free account on a geocaching website, such as Geocaching.com, and download a geocaching app on your smartphone. This will allow you to start searching for geocaches near you.

3. What do I need to bring with me when geocaching?

When geocaching, it is important to bring a GPS-enabled device, such as a smartphone, as well as a pen or pencil to sign the logbook in the geocache. It is also recommended to bring water, snacks, and any other necessary items for your outdoor adventure.

4. Are there any rules or guidelines for geocaching?

Yes, there are rules and guidelines to follow when geocaching. These include respecting the environment, following local laws and regulations, and always replacing the geocache exactly as you found it. You can find a full list of guidelines on the geocaching website.

5. Can I geocache alone or do I need a group?

You can geocache alone or with a group, it is completely up to you. Some geocachers prefer to go solo, while others enjoy the social aspect of geocaching with a group. Just make sure to always let someone know where you are going and when you plan to return.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
tx_deputyswife
  • sk8rgrrl99
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • kam
  • General Chat
Replies