• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Fun Plans for the Holiday Weekend?

In summary, the conversation revolves around everyone's plans for the upcoming holiday weekend. Some have plans for outdoor activities like hiking and swimming, while others have family events and parties to attend. Some are also working on closing sales and shows, and one person is preparing for a hurricane. One interesting event is a "white trash wedding" that one person is attending with their partner.
raebates
Staff member
I just wondered if anyone has great holiday weekend plans.

The Furry Guy and I are headed just over the Indiana/Michigan line to do a little hiking along Lake Michigan on Saturday. Sunday after church I'm going to a movie with a buddy. On Monday I hope to just lounge in our Redneck Pool with The Furry Guy. :love:

Today both my son's have back-to-back football practices followed by my older son's 10th birthday party <sniff sniff my baby is growing up>

Tomorrow we have two birthday parties to go to and I have to work on closing out my shows from Tuesday and Thursday.

DH and I have a white trash wedding to attend today. Seriously. I read him the invitation when we got it: Lilith Rose invites you to the wedding of her mommy to her daddy... DH asked me, "Who's trashy family - yours or mine?" (Lilith is 2 or 3. Her mommy is my 2nd cousin, who dropped out of high school 1 week before graduation to go live with her boyfriend. About a year later, Lilith was born. The only reason they're getting married now is because the BF wants to join the army, and if they're married they qualify for family coverage.)Other than that, no plans for the weekend.

I have a show tonight...tomorrow we have church...and DH called me the other day to inform me of our plans for Monday: NOTHING. Except enjoying the day off, spending time together, and he requested hamburgers on the grill and macaroni salad!

Chef Ann, I hope there is tasty cake at the wedding. I love cake.

I'm going to powerwash my house. I have a show here on Friday. A host asked me if she could have her show here, and now I feel the need to really make my house look good. I'll only know a couple of the guests. It's making me look at my house in a whole different way. So, after I powerwash, I'll probably go to the nursery sale and buy some sale plants for last minute planting.

My mom and sister are coming today to help me hang pics and decorate my new apartment. Tonight we are going to my cousin's so our kids can play.
Sunday we are going to the Boston Museum of Science. Monday is a HUGE parade in my hometown(city), then a bbq at my parents. BUSY!!!

DS has a birthday party to go to this afternoon. My mom is home from China for @ 2 months so we're having a big family weekend. aunt/uncle/ granny/brother/SIL are all in town for the weekend. It's back to mom's this eveing for a BBQ. Not sure what's up for Sun & Mon but I'm sure it will involve a lot of food!

Doing a yardsale today. Hoping to sell everything I have in here!! Did about $60 in sales in 3 hours yesterday. Today is the town-wide sales, so hopefully we'll have good weather and my sickness will go away. I feel so horrible today.

Tomorrow I am going to close a show, left the party at $460 and she is now over $1K!! Well worth it to close for month-end and double points for the bags!!

Gotta work for my inlaws this morning, & at my parents' cafe tonight, plus close a show today.
I think we're going swimming one last time at my parents' tomorrow.
Labor Day my baby girl turns 5, so we're having a big family bbq at our house. It'll be a fun weekend:)

Closing 2 shows, signing 2 consultants, cleaning house, doing laundry, baking Choc Chip cookies & Pumpkin muffins w/ DS, and getting ready to go camping! WHOO HOOO!

Nothin.....

Well... I am thinking of going to the farmers market in a bit. Dh has tomorrow off for his holiday so we get an extra day to hang out.

Other wise.... Nothin!

We're spending an extended Labor Day weekend at our 'forever home' in Florida. We're still sorting thru stuff and boxes from when we moved everything here last January, but it's so wonderful to actually be home! (We're renting an apartment in PA where DH is currently working.) His family is coming over tomorrow for a typically crazy, but fun get-together (think an Irish version of Everybody Loves Ramond). We're making Tortatinis and 30m Chicken and whatever else I can easily pull out!

we're preparing for Gustav so not much else going on this weekend just watching and waiting (we will most likely have to evacuate).

Yikes! Good luck...prayers heading your way!

chefann said:
DH and I have a white trash wedding to attend today. Seriously. I read him the invitation when we got it: Lilith Rose invites you to the wedding of her mommy to her daddy... DH asked me, "Who's trashy family - yours or mine?" (Lilith is 2 or 3. Her mommy is my 2nd cousin, who dropped out of high school 1 week before graduation to go live with her boyfriend. About a year later, Lilith was born. The only reason they're getting married now is because the BF wants to join the army, and if they're married they qualify for family coverage.)Other than that, no plans for the weekend.
http://www.reallybored.net/m_pictures/940.jpg

Today we are planning for our farm's 150 anniversary. The farm has been in DH's family since 1858 & it's been a means for many generations for family support. We'll have about 250 people out to our farm for a party tonight.

My slide show is done & it does include the questionable pictures that I posted about here. It was really interesting to scan pictures from 1892 to include. My DH has some family traits that come from WAY back! :)

We don't have any else planned for the rest of the weekend. We'll probably need it to recoop.

I am having day 2 of a 2 day Fall kick-off this afternoon, I have a show 3 hours away tomorrow (my favorite hostess who moved, and is signing) Monday my girls will be here, and youngest daughter is staying a few days. She just moved back to Illinois after living out of state, and does not start her new job for a week or so. Hoping to stay out on the boat on Monday, if the weather cooperates. I need some down time !!!

Last night was my "Movin' on out" Open House...great turnout! Was wondering what was going to happen since I scheduled it on a 3-day weekend. Smashing hit! $1200+ sales, 4 bookings, and a possible recruit!

Heading off to San Francisco today ~ just a shopping day with DD, have lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, more shopping... (Every time we go, we talk about Deb and Kristi ~ PC trip in 2007)

Going to the State Fair Sunday...check out all the vendors, exhibits, hypnotist (hilarious), and eat greasy food...only to come home and get sick! LOL

Monday...we are CHILLIN' ~ yeah!

chefann said:
DH and I have a white trash wedding to attend today.

Seriously. I read him the invitation when we got it: Lilith Rose invites you to the wedding of her mommy to her daddy... DH asked me, "Who's trashy family - yours or mine?" (Lilith is 2 or 3. Her mommy is my 2nd cousin, who dropped out of high school 1 week before graduation to go live with her boyfriend. About a year later, Lilith was born. The only reason they're getting married now is because the BF wants to join the army, and if they're married they qualify for family coverage.)

Other than that, no plans for the weekend.

I think I can beat a trashy wedding invitation. My cousin just got married and on the back where it showed directions there was a picture of her and her fiance with her dad (my uncle) holding a shot gun.

We are planning on doing a BBQ and today hopefully get a hold of my MIA host from the 1st of the month to get her show closed. And get on the phone for more Sept shows.

nikki70563 said:
we're preparing for Gustav so not much else going on this weekend just watching and waiting (we will most likely have to evacuate).

Your AV seems somewhat appropriate for this weekend.

Today we are spending most of the day with the in-laws, then off to a wedding tonight. Tomorrow while DH works on his duck blind with friends, I'll be relaxing at the wineries with the gal pals. Monday is a day of rest and relaxation for both of us. School has only been n session for 2 weeks, but I need all the rest and relaxation I can get.

cookouts with friends, missing my boys, shopping, missing my boys, calling the boys, church, dinner with neighbors, texting the boys, swimming/hot tub and BBQ & margaritas with our best friends

Doing a booth at the fair.

We just got back from the Zoo!!
It was my 2yo DS's first time and he loved the Penguins!!
4yo DS loves the monkeys.
Church tomorrow.
Cookout on Monday with friends & family.

I had a show today, and 2 more to close out. Other than that, there is nothing planned. I thought we would be having a cookout with the neighbor's but it looks like nobody has planned anything. May go to the pool one last time.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
http://www.reallybored.net/m_pictures/940.jpg

I think the flip flops pull it all together! OMG!!!!!!!!! :eek::D

My parents are coming home this weekend

Kitchen2u said:
Last night was my "Movin' on out" Open House...great turnout! Was wondering what was going to happen since I scheduled it on a 3-day weekend. Smashing hit! $1200+ sales, 4 bookings, and a possible recruit!

Heading off to San Francisco today ~ just a shopping day with DD, have lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, more shopping... (Every time we go, we talk about Deb and Kristi ~ PC trip in 2007)

Going to the State Fair Sunday...check out all the vendors, exhibits, hypnotist (hilarious), and eat greasy food...only to come home and get sick! LOL

Monday...we are CHILLIN' ~ yeah!

What A GREAT SHOW!! Congrats!!

As I was reading your post, I thought of what a great trip that was!!! Anthony and I watched a show that he taped about the GG Bridge and the suicides that take place there. It's crazy to know that we walked that bridge!!! Have fun at the cheesecake factory! That was our first time eating at that restaurant!

Me, Ginny and Deb
DSC09091.jpg

Me and Ginny at the farewell dinner
DSC09295.jpg

Anthony, me, Deb and Brian at Alcatraz

DSC09264.jpg

fun pics!

busy busy weekend for me....
fri nite: went to a wine tasting and out to dinner
sat nite: double-dating with my friend ellen etc. this is the third time doubling...i will have to hit the guy over the head with my phone # i guess.
sun: church (!) my friend's husband is delivering the sermon so i'm going to support him, then fish fry/cookout at another friends in the eve. she requested i bring the greek cheese torta
mon: collapse!

Dh and i went out to Carrabba's last night for a date night and saw Mirrors.

Tonight, we're going out for my cousin's 21st birthday.

Tomorrow my neighbor is having a bbq and I have to bring something, hmm?

Monday, is my dh's granny's 80th bday so 27 of us are going to Makoto's for dinner. Man, Busy, Busy!!

I've been trying to catch up on Laundry all day today too!!

susanr613 said:
fun pics!

busy busy weekend for me....
fri nite: went to a wine tasting and out to dinner
sat nite: double-dating with my friend ellen etc. this is the third time doubling...i will have to hit the guy over the head with my phone # i guess.
sun: church (!) my friend's husband is delivering the sermon so i'm going to support him, then fish fry/cookout at another friends in the eve. she requested i bring the greek cheese torta
mon: collapse!

Give him your PC card!! Seriously!! That is what I did...kinda. The first time I met my now BF was w/ a big group of friends and I handed out my card to a few of them and he took one. He put it on his fridge and called me two days later and I haven't gotten rid of him since!! LOL...not that I want to at all!! He is the BESTEST!!!:love:

I have a vendor booth at the local Keep America Beautiful fundraiser on Monday so my DD and I have been working on my display board, flyers, planning out the display, etc. She does Close to my Heart and has a real "eye" for displays. She really helps me out. I have also been working on pulling together my final August order. I ended up with $70.20 with the Outlet orders and her Cooking Show (where we really did some recipes just for us since she just had the baby) is now over $205! She has $25 in FPV and she asked her DH to look through the catalog at what he wanted with it. He lists 15 items (gotta love the man) and she said, "There is only $25!" He said, "So we'll put it on our Wish List!" I am doing the Pampered Pool board at the booth, so I told her if it reached $150 with sales as well, I would give it to her as a Show for September so they can get more cookware. They got the 7-piece set back in February when you could get 60% off any one item and love it! I had my grandson spend the night last night and tonight. It gives them a little more rest with the new baby. She went through her PC cookbooks today then we went to the locally owned store that was doing a huge meat sale! We got 10-lb of boneless/skinless breasts for $20, 10-lb of ground chuck for $19.95, 20 boneless pork chops for $30. I fixed all the meat up and loaded their freezer down! She picked out some recipes to try out of the Casual Cookbook and we are all set to do some cooking next week! We then went to the local Farmer's Market and got fresh green beans, corn, cucumbers, and green peppers! We only spent $12 there! We're looking forward to some rest tomorrow. DSIL will help me set up the booth on Monday morning...have to be there at 8 a.m.!

My grandson stayed last night with me for a "Date Night"! We all went to Ryan's buffet and he ate like a pig!:) He slept almost 11 hours too!:thumbup: My DD got out her PC Casual Cooking cookbook and planned our menus for next week.:chef: With me out of work, it is cheaper for us to share meals! She made her list and then we decided to try out the local Farmer's Market for produce.:love: We got 12 ears of fresh corn for $5, about 1-1/2 pounds of fresh green beans for $3, 6 cucumbers for $2, 4 green peppers for $2, and a jar of local honey for $6 (supposed to help with sinuses). We then went to a locally owned supermarket that had a "truckload meat sale"! It was packed! They had 10-lb of 83% ground chuck for $20, boneless pork for $2.99 pound that they cut into 20 chops for us, and 20 pounds of boneless/skinless chicken breast for $19.95! I packed it all up in freezer bags when we got back to their house! The chicken breasts were huge/double size! That sure helped our grocery bill big time!

My DD and I have been working on flyers for my booth at the Keep America Beautiful fundraiser on Monday. She has a printer so we printed some there and took some black & white copies to the local Staples to get quantities printed. I got my mini-catalogs yesterday so she printed out labels and I put them on 150 today. She also helped me fix up my display board with all the new things on it...:D didn't include the page with the "stop sell items"... We are going to "plan out" how my display will look Monday and how we'll set it up. I have all the suggestions from here and appreciate all the help I have been given! I plan on taking a bag with the recruiting materials in it in case someone wants to talk about the Opportunity! I am terrified :eek: of that part but God will send who He wants to do it!

I will be closing my August Show tomorrow!:D:D As of right now, it is at $205 and I sent out my "Last chance to order this month" email out so I'll see if we get any more. We put in a $70.20 Outlet order on Friday! I am so excited that I not only got my $200 but went over it! My DD was making out her "Wish List" and then handed it to my DSIL... He put about 20 items on it! LOL! He put a Mini-Whipper down and I told him I had one of those in my "giveaway bowl" that he could have! I don't know what I would do without either of them! God sure has blessed me with those two!

My booth Monday is 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. so that will take all the morning hours and a little after lunch! We have to be there to set up at 8:00 a.m.! My DSIL will be helping me set up everything. My DD will be on hand to give me her expertise in setting up booths! She's done quite a few plus her CTMH Shows so she has a great eye for detail. I am going to use the Pampered Pool Sheet at the booth for $3 squares and see if I can't make a Show out of Monday! I told her if I got that, she could take the Show credit and get some more things! I am meeting the lady who volunteered to Host the Kids in the Kitchen Workshop for September and it is now a Cooking Show. She said some people had been asking her about catalogs!:):) I think I will drop on Tuesday...but I am doing New Consultant Training that night! I have never done it and with my Recruiter/Director so far away, I thought it would help me!

nikki70563 said:

I'm with you. I had to go pick up my sister and her pets and bring her to a safer house. Starting at 4am tomorrow morning I wouldn't be able to get back home because the highways will all be one way.

When I got back closer to home I had to sit in line at the gas pumps. Most places are out of gas.

We're making our countertops this weekend.... pouring the concrete this morning! Then off to a family cookout.

That must be one serious countertop if you're pouring concrete for it!I bet nothing jumps around when you use your chopper, though.

nikki70563 said:

Stay safe - you're all in my thoughts and prayers.

Teresa Lynn said:
cookouts with friends, missing my boys, shopping, missing my boys, calling the boys, church, dinner with neighbors, texting the boys, swimming/hot tub and BBQ & margaritas with our best friends

(((((((((Teresa))))))))))))

Football yesterday. It is going to be a long season for us Wolverines! At least the bloody marys and hot dogs were good.

Today PC stuff. Closed a fundrasier. Called my hostess for Sept 17, who was planning on signing today because of the 1/2 kit rebate, but lost her phone and had to spend the $$ on a new phone. Now she will sign either before her show, or use the kit credit after. Yippeee.. that makes #3

Spoke to (maybe) #4. She returned my "out of the blue" call today while I was walking the monster dogs. Called her back, have a packet of info going out later today and will touch base on Wed.

#5 is taking her time. She just got a job with Kohls and wants to make sure PC fits.

Soooooooo, my Dec 1 promotion date is looking totally dueable.

Now, shower and off to daugher/son in law/g daughters for pizza and salad. And, don't forget, a good, cold beer!

Happy Labor Day everyone.

Our city has an internatinal stret fair every labor day weekend where a lot of civic groups sell food from all different nationalities: we have a German Street, a Danish street, an italian street, a greek street, an irish street, a mexican street, a polynesian street, and an american street. We usually get about 100,000+ visitors for the three days. We worked it yesterday selling BBQ ribs on American Street and running parking lots at the library--all of these are fundraisers. It's totally fun, we've done it for over 35 years. Today we are relaxing, and tomorrow i am BBQ-ing our own ribs and chilling out. I had a 6,000 month (yay!) and am gearing up for a regional this coming weekend with about 15 directors. So tomorrow I am chillin'.

PamperChefCarol said:
Football yesterday. It is going to be a long season for us Wolverines! At least the bloody marys and hot dogs were good.

Did you go to the game? My parents, kids and niece and nephew were there. I also know of two other families we're friends with who were there. What a terrible loss. I guess last year's opener was worse, though. Right? I don't know.

Anyway, I haven't done the powerwashing that I was planning to do. Hopefully tomorrow. I did get all of my 6th grade son's 5th grade scrapbook pages finished and put some finishing touches on my 7th grade son's 5th grade pages. I can't figure out how to use the powerwasher, and there were no directions in the box. DH wasn't home yesterday. We've watched three movies and last night I ordered two large pizzas from Papa John's. I ordered a veggie one with whole wheat crust for myself. Didn't care for the crust. Anyway, it's an okay weekend. Weather's nice.

PampMomof3 said:
Dh and i went out to Carrabba's last night for a date night and saw Mirrors.

I love Carabba's. It's too far away from here, though. I always eat too much because I love the bread.

I had great plans to clean my office after church today, and clean my garage tomorrow. However, we walked into church today and it was wall to wall people and suitcases -- we received 200 New Orleans evacuees overnight.

So we spent the day up there organizing, talking to people, setting up a kids area... heartbreaking the stories. A good life lesson for my 11 year old... she raided her closet and her toy chest, and had a blast making new friends and playing with the kids.

She wants to go back up tomorrow... I don't think my garage is going to get cleaned. But that's ok.

IAmChefJ said:
I had great plans to clean my office after church today, and clean my garage tomorrow. However, we walked into church today and it was wall to wall people and suitcases -- we received 200 New Orleans evacuees overnight.

So we spent the day up there organizing, talking to people, setting up a kids area... heartbreaking the stories. A good life lesson for my 11 year old... she raided her closet and her toy chest, and had a blast making new friends and playing with the kids.

She wants to go back up tomorrow... I don't think my garage is going to get cleaned. But that's ok.

Wow! What a great teachable time with your daughter! She is learning a wonderful life lesson of giving and compassion this weekend. I think that's a great way to spend your time, and so much more rewarding than cleaning out the garage! God will honor your time, I have no doubt!

not planning to much, didn't make it to sunday school with the children but made it for church had a bbq after services collected a few orders for my fall kick off saturday, then spend the rest of the day doing reminder calls and sending emails.

Tomorrow I might try to get more boxes unpacked and put away since the saturday's show is at my place.

Let's see... Yesterday, watched the Bama game and had some friends over, watched the kidos fight, hubs got mad and told them they couldn't play with any toys because they were fighting. That went over really well. Today, went to church. It was dh bday. he got called out to work and missed church. met up with him at 2 at his mom and dad's house for late lunch. Then, we sat in the dungeon until 7:30 in which time, I had just about enough laziness and we got up and left. (MIl and FIL never ever open their blinds. It drives me nuts. The first thing I do in the am is open my blinds. I feel as if we haven't seen any daylight today) .LOL
tomorrow, go eat with mil and fil, again. Oh and it's my mom and dad's 30th wedding anniversary tomorrow. I'm going to give them peace and quite for 1 day as my gift to them:)

JAE said:
Did you go to the game? My parents, kids and niece and nephew were there. I also know of two other families we're friends with who were there. What a terrible loss. I guess last year's opener was worse, though. Right? I don't know.

Anyway, I haven't done the powerwashing that I was planning to do. Hopefully tomorrow. I did get all of my 6th grade son's 5th grade scrapbook pages finished and put some finishing touches on my 7th grade son's 5th grade pages. I can't figure out how to use the powerwasher, and there were no directions in the box. DH wasn't home yesterday. We've watched three movies and last night I ordered two large pizzas from Papa John's. I ordered a veggie one with whole wheat crust for myself. Didn't care for the crust. Anyway, it's an okay weekend. Weather's nice.

Yes, we did go to the game. UM Season football tickets are my husband's only big extravagance now that we are poor folk! Sort of thought it would be bad, but hey, no where to go but up!!

1. What are some fun things to do over the holiday weekend?

There are endless possibilities for fun activities over a holiday weekend! Some popular options include going to the beach, having a barbecue or picnic, attending a music festival or local event, or taking a mini road trip to explore a new city or town.

2. Do you have any suggestions for family-friendly holiday weekend plans?

Yes, there are plenty of family-friendly options for the holiday weekend! You could plan a day at the zoo or amusement park, have a game night or movie marathon at home, or visit a nearby museum or aquarium. You could also try out a new recipe or DIY project together as a family.

3. What are some budget-friendly holiday weekend ideas?

If you're looking to save some money over the holiday weekend, consider having a potluck with friends or family, going on a hike or nature walk, or having a movie night at home. You could also check out any free events or festivals happening in your area.

4. Are there any fun holiday weekend traditions you recommend?

Creating holiday weekend traditions can add an extra special touch to your celebrations. Some popular ideas include camping, having a themed party or game night, going to a fireworks show, or doing a fun outdoor activity like kayaking or mini golf.

5. What are some ways to relax and unwind over the holiday weekend?

If you're looking to have a more low-key holiday weekend, there are plenty of ways to relax and unwind. You could spend a day pampering yourself with a spa day or at-home spa treatments, catch up on your favorite TV shows or books, or simply spend some quality time with loved ones in a cozy and laid-back setting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • apriljc
  • General Chat